Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 22 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 323
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    31,341
    vCash
    1500

    The Vehicle Thread

    I figure we could have a thread for anything car, truck or motorcycle related. Whether it be showing off your car, asking for advice or have questions about repairs.

    Mods, you should sticky this thread if it gets enough attention..
    I'm In.



  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Orlando, FL
    Posts
    13,793
    vCash
    500
    I wish PSD had a car forum.

    You decide what % tint to get?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    31,341
    vCash
    1500
    Here's my car. Love this goddamn thing.

    http://i453.photobucket.com/albums/q...408_141837.jpg

    Just had the injector pump replaced along with the timing. $2300.

    I plan on getting 5% tint, a new stereo and speaker system within a few months. Further down my list is coilovers to drop it 1.5' or so. I'd also like to find leather interior from a car at the wrecking yard. Its.nice that the MKIV VW have mostly interchangeable parts. I can toss Jetta parts on my car with little modificaion.

    Anyone have any plans for their car?
    I'm In.



  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    13,404
    vCash
    1500
    Like the idea.

    So 2 weeks ago i wrote off my car. I bought just a cheap Pontiac Wave to last me till next summer to save up more money for my truck. Looking for opinions on what trucks you guys recommend.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    31,341
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by boms-4 View Post
    Like the idea.

    So 2 weeks ago i wrote off my car. I bought just a cheap Pontiac Wave to last me till next summer to save up more money for my truck. Looking for opinions on what trucks you guys recommend.
    Need a little more info.

    Full size or something smaller? Will it see snow? Will you be hauling? If so, how much? Price range?
    I'm In.



  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    31,341
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by *Superman12* View Post
    I wish PSD had a car forum.

    You decide what % tint to get?
    Oh, I'm getting 5% limo.

    If ultimately I have to replace some it'll only be the fronts and its not.too expensive for two only.
    I'm In.



  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Orlando, FL
    Posts
    13,793
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by Iansnightout View Post
    Here's my car. Love this goddamn thing.

    http://i453.photobucket.com/albums/q...408_141837.jpg

    Just had the injector pump replaced along with the timing. $2300.

    I plan on getting 5% tint, a new stereo and speaker system within a few months. Further down my list is coilovers to drop it 1.5' or so. I'd also like to find leather interior from a car at the wrecking yard. Its.nice that the MKIV VW have mostly interchangeable parts. I can toss Jetta parts on my car with little modificaion.

    Anyone have any plans for their car?
    Your car will look a lot better after you get that tint. Thinking about any performance upgrades?

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Canadian In Michigan.
    Posts
    41,976
    vCash
    1500
    Getting my front bumper for my ride. Was supposed to get it on Friday but the chach at the body shop said it didn't fit... after he said it fit like 2 weeks ago when we brought it in for him to check if it DID fit.

    Very frustrated. Its going to look so beautiful though.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Orlando, FL
    Posts
    13,793
    vCash
    500
    Which company's products do you guys usually use to clean your cars?

    And anyone want to recommend a good cleaner for leather seats.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    31,341
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by *Superman12* View Post
    Your car will look a lot better after you get that tint. Thinking about any performance upgrades?
    Not really. I have a long commute so gas mileage is top priority. I'm hoping for 50 MPG after timing and the injector pump rebuild. I was getting 38 with a decent sized leak.

    Once I find another house, pay the down payment and such, I might get a GTI to work on and do a bunch of performance mods. I need a project car.
    I'm In.



  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    31,341
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsforever View Post
    Getting my front bumper for my ride. Was supposed to get it on Friday but the chach at the body shop said it didn't fit... after he said it fit like 2 weeks ago when we brought it in for him to check if it DID fit.

    Very frustrated. Its going to look so beautiful though.
    What kind of car? What kind of bumper? Stock or upgraded? Pics?

    Quote Originally Posted by *Superman12* View Post
    Which company's products do you guys usually use to clean your cars?

    And anyone want to recommend a good cleaner for leather seats.
    I use Meguiars or Mothers for waxing and stuff. I have a simple green soap I use for the washing and the normal Armoral for the interior parts except wheel.
    Last edited by Ian.; 09-16-2012 at 10:27 PM.
    I'm In.



  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Canadian In Michigan.
    Posts
    41,976
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Iansnightout View Post
    What kind of car? What kind of bumper? Stock or upgraded? Pics?



    I use Meguiars or Mothers for waxing and stuff. I have a simple green soap I use for the washing and the normal Armoral for the interior parts except wheel.
    Customized my Mitsubishi Lancer GTS. Bumper is an EVO version. Pics when I finally get it... It's been a pain.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    15,865
    vCash
    1500
    If i bought a car vacuum that works by connecting to the lighter.. Should i run it with the engine on or off? What would be better for my battery??

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    69,331
    vCash
    500

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Orlando, FL
    Posts
    13,793
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by Iansnightout View Post
    Not really. I have a long commute so gas mileage is top priority. I'm hoping for 50 MPG after timing and the injector pump rebuild. I was getting 38 with a decent sized leak.

    Once I find another house, pay the down payment and such, I might get a GTI to work on and do a bunch of performance mods. I need a project car.
    50MPG is insane. How big is the tank? And you should get a K&N filter if you don't have one already.

    Quote Originally Posted by marvILLous View Post
    If i bought a car vacuum that works by connecting to the lighter.. Should i run it with the engine on or off? What would be better for my battery??
    Better for the battery would be having the car running. If it doesn't take more then 10-15, 20max mins I'd say turn it on. Idling the car kills gas though also. I prefer just having one plugged into your house.
    Last edited by *Superman*; 09-16-2012 at 11:10 PM.

Page 1 of 22 12311 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •