Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Malkin, other NHL players sign with other leagues

NEW YORK -- Locked-out players began securing spots overseas and the NHL launched a public-relations offensive on Sunday, but no labor negotiations took place on the first day of a stoppage imposed late Saturday by Commissioner Gary Bettman.

Deputy Commissioner Bill Daly talked to Steve Fehr, special counsel for the NHL Players' Association, but Daly said Sunday he expected things to be quiet for the next 24 to 48 hours in deference to the Jewish holiday of Rosh Hashanah, which began at sundown.

Training camps are scheduled to open Friday and the first exhibition game to be played next Sunday.
    http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports...,3658574.story

According to Slava Malamud, NHL.com contributor and foreign correspondent for Russia's Sports-Express, Datsyuk has signed with his old Superleague team AK Bars Kazan.
    http://www.wingingitinmotown.com/201...k-signs-in-khl

You suck, NHL. Billionaires fight millionaires and the fans pay. It's just ridiculous. Get your act together.

I don't know of any Blues players that have signed elsewhere yet, but if they do I will probably watch that team, or any team. I would like to watch some hockey, even if not the NHL.
    Our forums:
    Blues Cardinals Rams

vCash
    Makes me sick, Redbird. This lockout better not last long.
    @asmarks18
    Texas Rangers
    St. Louis Cardinals
    Dallas Cowboys
    St. Louis Rams
    Dallas Mavericks
    St. Louis Blues
    Texas Tech

vCash
    Good luck watching a lot of your players in the KHL, Swedish Elite League and so on. Considering your such a young team, a lot of your players are likely to hit the AHL. That's a great thing actually. A veteran team like Detroit, a lot of our players have to go through waivers. You may also have a few kids eligible to return to the CHL.