Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post
    I'm hearing that the Arkansas coach will be announced this weekend as soon as John L. Smith cleans out his office. So it's likely someone that's not currently coaching.
    Supposedly they have already offered the job to James Franklin and Jon Gruden if you believe what you read online.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by steelcityroller View Post
    Supposedly they have already offered the job to James Franklin and Jon Gruden if you believe what you read online.
    I try to avoid the message board nonsense, but it's been rumored all week on the radio here by a lot of the same people that were all over the Petrino hiring a few years back.

I don't know exactly who it is, but apparently it's already done and is a surprisingly good hire. Your guess is as good as mine, but it's someone not currently coaching anywhere (most likely, so that would probably eliminate Franklin) and they've been offered a boatload (I've heard Jeff Long is able to pay up to $6M per, which is insane for a college coach, but not all that surprising considering some of the boosters here).

I'd be willing to bet after the Hogs are crushed by LSU, it will be announced over the weekend or early next week (assuming it really is someone that's out of coaching right now).
    Last edited by DamnGoat; 11-22-2012 at 01:17 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post
    I try to avoid the message board nonsense, but it's been rumored all week on the radio here by a lot of the same people that were all over the Petrino hiring a few years back.

I don't know exactly who it is, but apparently it's already done and is a surprisingly good hire. Your guess is as good as mine, but it's someone not currently coaching anywhere (most likely, so that would probably eliminate Franklin) and they've been offered a boatload (I've heard Jeff Long is able to pay up to $6M per, which is insane for a college coach, but not all that surprising considering some of the boosters here).

I'd be willing to bet after the Hogs are crushed by LSU, it will be announced over the weekend or early next week (assuming it really is someone that's out of coaching right now).
    James Franklin is working on a new contract with Vanderbilt. It was all over the local radio here that apparently Arkansas offered him the job.

And then they are saying that they offered it to Jon Gruden but he was wanting to pay his staff $4.5 million as he was wanting to bring in Raheem Morris as his DC and somebody else like that as his OC.

vCash
    James Franklin is working on a new contract with Vanderbilt. It was all over the local radio here that apparently Arkansas offered him the job.

And then they are saying that they offered it to Jon Gruden but he was wanting to pay his staff $4.5 million as he was wanting to bring in Raheem Morris as his DC and somebody else like that as his OC.
    I kinda doubt that. The most that's been reported around here is that there was "interest" with Franklin, but it was never reported which side the interest was coming from. That just reeks of Franklin's agent using the Arkansas coaching vacancy as a negotiating ploy.

Jeff Long needs to make a splash hire to appease a very pissed off fan base and Franklin (while good) won't be good enough for most. I believe the Gruden being offered rumors for that reason, but I still have a hard time believing he'll accept a college job.
    Last edited by DamnGoat; 11-22-2012 at 04:17 AM.

vCash
    Gruden has been in coaching for 21 years and only 3 of those years were in college; however, the rumors are swirling about Gruden to Tennessee.
    I also read that Tuberville was being considered by Arkansas, or at least until he slapped his assistant....accidently? Tuberville was born and raised in Arkansas. I like Tuberville and think Auburn made a huge mistake, but would prefer he stay out of the SEC.

vCash
    Gary Patterson said today that he won't be leaving TCU and to squash those rumors.

Also I don't believe the Jon Gruden rumors at least to Tennessee because of what was said these last couple days by their AD. He said that people need to calm down because they are waiting to talk to some coaches and that they might not hire another coach until the end of December. So they have some targets in mind that are likely coaching bowl teams and the name that keeps coming up is Al Golden.
    Last edited by steelcityroller; 11-23-2012 at 06:49 PM.

vCash
    Gary Patterson said today that he won't be leaving TCU and to squash those rumors.

Also I don't believe the Jon Gruden rumors at least to Tennessee because of what was said these last couple days by their AD. He said that people need to calm down because they are waiting to talk to some coaches and that they might not hire another coach until the end of December. So they have some targets in mind that are likely coaching bowl teams and the name that keeps coming up is Al Golden.
    Saban once said he wasn't going to 'Bama once too But yeah, I see Patterson staying. He stayed with TCU when they were a non-BCS team and now TCU is in a BCS conference. I applaud him for trying to make TCU a consistent BCS bowl game contender.

As for Gruden it wouldn't make any sense for him to go to college football let alone Tennessee for that matter. He could have many more NFL jobs than college and has turned down the NFL for a few years now. Why would he accept a job that has even more stress?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by B'sCeltsPatsSox View Post
    As for Gruden it wouldn't make any sense for him to go to college football let alone Tennessee for that matter. He could have many more NFL jobs than college and has turned down the NFL for a few years now. Why would he accept a job that has even more stress?
    Agreed completely. Gruden will get more money in the NFL, and he actually has had success and experience in the NFL. The only reason why he has not squashed those rumors is due to keeping his options open. If enough teams in college and in the NFL go after him, then that gets him an even bigger contract.
    Patriots Forum Hall of Fame Class of 2011

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BradyIsTheMan12 View Post
    Agreed completely. Gruden will get more money in the NFL, and he actually has had success and experience in the NFL. The only reason why he has not squashed those rumors is due to keeping his options open. If enough teams in college and in the NFL go after him, then that gets him an even bigger contract.
    Not necessarily because you have programs like Arkansas and Tennessee open to spending up to $5-6 million a year for the right coach. There are only a few coaches in the NFL that make that kind of money.

vCash
    Not necessarily because you have programs like Arkansas and Tennessee open to spending up to $5-6 million a year for the right coach. There are only a few coaches in the NFL that make that kind of money.
    Where is Tennessee supposed to get that money from? They're one of the most financially strapped teams in the SEC right now and that's putting it mildly.

vCash
    Pete Caroll makes more then that and i also believe that Jim Harbaugh does to.

There is most likely going to be a lot of HC jobs open in the Off Season as well in the NFL so somebody will probably pay him if he wants to come back to coaching and not broadcast anymore.
    Last edited by NateyB24; 11-24-2012 at 08:57 PM.

vCash
    Rumors swirling big time that Tim Beckman is one and done at Illinois.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NateyB24 View Post
    Pete Caroll makes more then that and i also believe that Jim Harbaugh does to.

There is most likely going to be a lot of HC jobs open in the Off Season as well in the NFL so somebody will probably pay him if he wants to come back to coaching and not broadcast anymore.
    I'm wanting to say there are 4 or 5 coaches in the NFL that make over $5 million a year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Catfish1314 View Post
    Where is Tennessee supposed to get that money from? They're one of the most financially strapped teams in the SEC right now and that's putting it mildly.
    They announced that they were giving the Athletic Department another $18 million over the next 3 years towards hiring a head coach. They were already paying Derek Dooley $2.5 million a year.... You take what they were already paying their coaching staff and then add that $18 million to it and they could offer $4-5 million a year and have the highest paid assistant staff in the country.

http://aol.sportingnews.com/ncaa-foo...n-derek-dooley

And I don't know how much of a credible source I would consider it but Clay Travis stated on his twitter that Tennessee had preliminary negotiations with Jon Gruden today over the phone.

vCash
    Tom O'Brien is reportedly out at NC State.

Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast