Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mudvayneowns91 View Post
    Apparently Butch Jones to CU is the newest rumor. I guess things are look pretty serious. Radio was throwing out a 5 year 13.25 mill, I think. Roughly a 1 million raise from what he has at Cincinnati they were saying.
    Bryan Fischer ‏@BryanDFischer
    RT @KyleRingo: Source tells me Butch Jones left CU officials with the impression this afternoon he no longer has interest in the Purdue job
    If so, I would definitely expect Butch as the next CU head coach.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mudvayneowns91 View Post
    Apparently Butch Jones to CU is the newest rumor. I guess things are look pretty serious. Radio was throwing out a 5 year 13.25 mill, I think. Roughly a 1 million raise from what he has at Cincinnati they were saying.
    I don't know why he has been unable to get more attention from the bigger schools. The guy has won championships in two different conferences and maintained a pretty successful record. The only thing that I can think of and something that I heard on the radio when talking about Tennessee's coaching search is that some people think that he simply inherited what Brian Kelly built up at both Central Michigan and Cincinnati.

vCash
    Its getting to be about that time when these teams are gonna start naming coaches. Tennessee said that they expect to name a head coach by the end of the week. I'm thinking that we are gonna see some hires that haven't been mentioned much as teams are unable to get guys fans want and expect.

For example I'm hearing that Art Briles is now the target for Arkansas. According to Clay Travis they have already been turned away by Jon Gruden, James Franklin, Chris Petersen, Gary Patterson, Les Miles and Mike Gundy.

Auburn is expected to name their coach by Wednesday. Supposedly they have narrowed their coaching search down to Gus Malzahn, Kirby Smart and Chad Morris.... That is a pretty underwhelming list of options IMO

According to Volquest the Tennessee AD is conducting interviews this week and have already interviewed Charlie Strong, Mike Gundy, Larry Fedora and Al Golden. They have been turned away by Jim Mora Jr. and Jon Gruden. Supposedly they are expected to interview Butch Jones and Bo Pelini.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by steelcityroller View Post
    Yep. And what is hilarious is that when brought up on the local radio Tennessee fans were pissing all over Sonny Dykes saying that he was NOWHERE near good enough to even be considered for the job in Knoxville. When his resume is much much better than what Derek Dooley had when he got the job....

I don't know what to think about him coaching at a bigger program. But honestly when you look at what he done at LA Tech with those players imagine what he can do getting good recruits from California?
    This is something that is said about small school coaches all the time. However, they fail all the time moving up the coaching ranks. Sometimes, these guys just don't have the recruiting chops or connections in the business to get good recruiters on their staff. At a school like LA Tech, it's all about scheme and player development. When you're with the big boys in a conference like the Pac-12, you have to recruit well to succeed. You can't turn in classes that aren't top 30 and have sustained success (I know that someone will be able to come up with some exception, maybe K-State in the Big XII, but this is the general rule). Guys like Dan Hawkins, Steve Kragthorpe, Turner Gill, etc. had success at lower levels, but were abject failures in BCS conferences.

vCash
    I don't know why he has been unable to get more attention from the bigger schools. The guy has won championships in two different conferences and maintained a pretty successful record. The only thing that I can think of and something that I heard on the radio when talking about Tennessee's coaching search is that some people think that he simply inherited what Brian Kelly built up at both Central Michigan and Cincinnati.
    Well, he can dispel those rumors at CU, he will inherit nothing.

Its getting to be about that time when these teams are gonna start naming coaches. Tennessee said that they expect to name a head coach by the end of the week. I'm thinking that we are gonna see some hires that haven't been mentioned much as teams are unable to get guys fans want and expect.

For example I'm hearing that Art Briles is now the target for Arkansas. According to Clay Travis they have already been turned away by Jon Gruden, James Franklin, Chris Petersen, Gary Patterson, Les Miles and Mike Gundy.

Auburn is expected to name their coach by Wednesday. Supposedly they have narrowed their coaching search down to Gus Malzahn, Kirby Smart and Chad Morris.... That is a pretty underwhelming list of options IMO

According to Volquest the Tennessee AD is conducting interviews this week and have already interviewed Charlie Strong, Mike Gundy, Larry Fedora and Al Golden. They have been turned away by Jim Mora Jr. and Jon Gruden. Supposedly they are expected to interview Butch Jones and Bo Pelini.
    I really like Malzahn. We saw how much he meant to Chizik at Auburn, has ties to Auburn from his previous coaching stint, and has done really well at Arkansas State in a short time.

I don't get why all these schools are trying to get Mike Gundy, guy has a booster throwing tons of money into his program and it's on the rise. Same with Charlie Strong.

If I'm them, I stay away from Tennessee...
    2014 Bulls Forum NBA Redraft Champions!

PG: Jose Calderon / Aaron Brooks
    SG: Wesley Mathews / Tony Wroten
    SF: Chandler Parsons / Andrei Kirilenko
    PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Kyle O'Quinn
    C: Roy Hibbert / Kelly Olynyk

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by steelcityroller
    http://www.ourdailybears.com/baylor-...oach-at-baylor
    Our friend Brian Ethridge of BearsTruth.com is reporting, from a source on the Baylor Board of Regents, that Briles spurned interest from Arkansas, Tennessee, and Auburn to remain a Baylor Bear.

vCash
    Well, Joker Phillips already got a new gig. He is the receivers coach and recruiting coordinator for Florida.

vCash
    Our people are saying that unless this falls through, Arkansas has found its man in Mike Gundy
    https://twitter.com/TomMurphyADG/sta...21679031992320

vCash
    SEC West trying to load up on coaches who will air it out... or just another coach using the Hogs for leverage.
    Last edited by Bravo95; 12-04-2012 at 02:43 PM.

vCash
    A lot of tweets, mostly unconfirmed ones are saying that Gundy's been hired at Arkansas. But a lot of the TV & Radio guys in NW Arkansas are saying that it's NOT Gundy, but someone has been hired and will be announced within the next day or so.

I hope they're right because IMO Gundy's kind of an underwhelming hire and actually a step down from Petrino. I don't think his style of play would translate well to the SEC and while winning games 52-49 is fun to watch, it's not going to be good enough when you play Alabama, LSU, Florida, Georgia, etc.
    Last edited by DamnGoat; 12-04-2012 at 03:37 PM.

vCash
    Sounds like it isn't Gundy according to the USA Today.

Notre Dame defensive coordinator Bob Diaco, Ball State coach Pete Lembo and New Orleans Saints offensive line coach Aaron Kromer are finalists for the Boston College job, sources told ESPN's Brett McMurphy on Tuesday.

First-year BC athletic director Brad Bates is searching for a replacement for former coach Frank Spaziani, who was fired one day after the Eagles finished their 2-10 season with a loss to NC State.
    ESPN

Diacoray:

Also, Art Briles isn't going anywhere...

ESPN CollegeFootball ‏@ESPNCFB
    Source: Art Briles agrees to new deal with #Baylor. The Bears have won at least 7 games in 3 straight seasons. http://es.pn/Vk9vUX
    Last edited by B'sCeltsPatsSox; 12-04-2012 at 03:45 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by B'sCeltsPatsSox View Post
    Sounds like it isn't Gundy according to the USA Today.

ESPN

Diacoray:

Also, Art Briles isn't going anywhere...
    Lembo is a good guy and a talented coach. He was at Elon for several years, and is a very respected coach in the Carolinas.

vCash
    Woah...Brett Bielema is the new coach at Arkansas.

Arkansas has hired Bret Bielema away from Wisconsin
    https://twitter.com/schadjoe

That came out of nowhere...he was never once even rumored as a candidate.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by homestarunner93 View Post
    Lembo is a good guy and a talented coach. He was at Elon for several years, and is a very respected coach in the Carolinas.
    I'm not really that huge on Lembo and I really think Diaco fits really well at BC.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by B'sCeltsPatsSox View Post
    I'm not really that huge on Lembo and I really think Diaco fits really well at BC.
    1. What's wrong with Lembo?

2. Why would Diaco want the BC job? He'll have much better options in short order.

Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast