Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by steelcityroller View Post
    Who says that somebody else won't get Hazell? There are still probably 5-6 programs with openings that are better than BC.
    Oh I know, just wasn't the biggest fan of Doeren.

vCash
    Google "Jon Gruden Miami Hurricanes" and replace the Hurricanes with Tennessee, and you'll find every rumor that you are likely to find until Gruden ultimately denies everything. Save yourself some time.

vCash
    I still have a gut feeling Jimbo Fisher ends up at Tennessee. Its getting harder and harder for small conference teams to play for National Titles. FSU is in a "must go undefeated" situation just to sniff the title game. Even then, with it being the ACC, its not a given. Fisher and Dave Hart are/were friends. Fisher goes to UT, *IF* Tennessee wins and SEC title at some point, its almost a lock to be playing for a National Title. Plus, Fisher would probably make more money.

vCash
    Can Mack Brown re-establish some job security with a win @ Kansas State tonight? And if Texas wins, I wonder what happens with Oklahoma and K-State as far as the BCS picture.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NYYankees12 View Post
    I still have a gut feeling Jimbo Fisher ends up at Tennessee. Its getting harder and harder for small conference teams to play for National Titles. FSU is in a "must go undefeated" situation just to sniff the title game. Even then, with it being the ACC, its not a given. Fisher and Dave Hart are/were friends. Fisher goes to UT, *IF* Tennessee wins and SEC title at some point, its almost a lock to be playing for a National Title. Plus, Fisher would probably make more money.
    If that doesn't pan out then Tennessee needs to go hard after Butch Jones. They could pay him 2-3 times what he is currently making at Cincinnati, the Big East is not even a factor anymore and if they move to the ACC then that job will be tougher....

vCash
    Tennessee has interviewed Al Golden and Mike Gundy as they supposedly have narrowed their search down to those guys in addition to Jimbo Fisher, Charlie Strong and Larry Fedora. They expect to name a head coach by the end of next week.

Also the other big rumor right now is Sonny Dykes of LA Tech to get the job at Cal.

vCash
    James Franklin signs a new deal with Vanderbilt that puts him making $3-4 million a year and guarantees multiple facility upgrades including an indoor training facility, new locker rooms and expanded seating areas.

According to the article he was contact by and turned down Tennessee, Auburn, Arkansas, Colorado and Cal. The article says that he was offered $5 million a year from Arkansas.

http://outkickthecoverage.com/vandys...vanderbilt.php

Butch Jones interviews for the job at Purdue.... I would consider that a lateral move from Cincinnati where he has won the Big East and consistently won 8-10 games. More money probably but in every other way a lateral move IMO.

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports...s-with-purdue/

WoW. Alabama DC Kirby Smart to interview for opening at Auburn. That sure as hell would make that rivalry interesting wouldn't it.

http://auburn.247sports.com/Article/...-search-104660

vCash
    Tennessee has interviewed Al Golden and Mike Gundy as they supposedly have narrowed their search down to those guys in addition to Jimbo Fisher, Charlie Strong and Larry Fedora. They expect to name a head coach by the end of next week.

Also the other big rumor right now is Sonny Dykes of LA Tech to get the job at Cal.
    Does Dykes have a good reputation? My friend goes to Cal and is curious

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PhillyLuver View Post
    Does Dykes have a good reputation? My friend goes to Cal and is curious
    His dad Spike Dykes was the all-time winningest coach at Texas Tech.

He was an assistant at Kentucky in 1997/1999 on teams that set SEC offensive records.

From 2000-2006 he was a wide receiver coach/assistant offensive coordinator at Texas Tech. Those offenses were explosive as well.

From 2007-2009 he was the offensive coordinator at Arizona.

From 2010-Present he has coached LA Tech. They had a top 3 offense in the country this year.

He is an offensive coach and pretty much everywhere he has been they have been very good offensively.

On paper it all looks good. But the guy before him at LA Tech was Derek Dooley. His resume looked pretty similar with a legendary father as a coach and being on impressive coaching staffs under Nick Saban. That was a total flop....

vCash
    His dad Spike Dykes was the all-time winningest coach at Texas Tech.

He was an assistant at Kentucky in 1997/1999 on teams that set SEC offensive records.

From 2000-2006 he was a wide receiver coach/assistant offensive coordinator at Texas Tech. Those offenses were explosive as well.

From 2007-2009 he was the offensive coordinator at Arizona.

From 2010-Present he has coached LA Tech. They had a top 3 offense in the country this year.

He is an offensive coach and pretty much everywhere he has been they have been very good offensively.

On paper it all looks good. But the guy before him at LA Tech was Derek Dooley. His resume looked pretty similar with a legendary father as a coach and being on impressive coaching staffs under Nick Saban. That was a total flop....
    At least Dykes had a winning record at LA Tech. Regardless, he's a definite downgrade from Tedford if you ask me.
    On Cam Newton:

Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    So it's official.

This jerk off is going to be the first QB taken in the first round (or maybe the first 5) in the modern era to throw less than 300 passes at DI level. and he might go #1 overall.

hahahahahahahahahahahaha

Nfl scouting is a joke.

vCash
    Dykes would make them fun to watch at least offensively.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by homestarunner93 View Post
    At least Dykes had a winning record at LA Tech. Regardless, he's a definite downgrade from Tedford if you ask me.
    Yep. And what is hilarious is that when brought up on the local radio Tennessee fans were pissing all over Sonny Dykes saying that he was NOWHERE near good enough to even be considered for the job in Knoxville. When his resume is much much better than what Derek Dooley had when he got the job....

I don't know what to think about him coaching at a bigger program. But honestly when you look at what he done at LA Tech with those players imagine what he can do getting good recruits from California?

vCash
    Cal has interviewed Bob Diaco and BC is going to interview Diaco. Cal's also interviewed Pat Narduzzi and Darrell Hazzell.

vCash
    James Franklin signs a new deal with Vanderbilt that puts him making $3-4 million a year and guarantees multiple facility upgrades including an indoor training facility, new locker rooms and expanded seating areas.

According to the article he was contact by and turned down Tennessee, Auburn, Arkansas, Colorado and Cal. The article says that he was offered $5 million a year from Arkansas.

http://outkickthecoverage.com/vandys...vanderbilt.php

Butch Jones interviews for the job at Purdue.... I would consider that a lateral move from Cincinnati where he has won the Big East and consistently won 8-10 games. More money probably but in every other way a lateral move IMO.

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports...s-with-purdue/

WoW. Alabama DC Kirby Smart to interview for opening at Auburn. That sure as hell would make that rivalry interesting wouldn't it.
    http://auburn.247sports.com/Article/...-search-104660
    Hope that doesn't happen.

vCash
    Apparently Butch Jones to CU is the newest rumor. I guess things are look pretty serious. Radio was throwing out a 5 year 13.25 mill, I think. Roughly a 1 million raise from what he has at Cincinnati they were saying.

Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast