Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Hoping Butch Jones, Paul Chryst, or Barry Alvarez for Wisconsin.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by homestarunner93 View Post
    1. What's wrong with Lembo?
    Just doesn't have a track record that really excites me. If it's going to be a MAC coach I'd rather it be Hazell.

Anyways, it sounds like Lembo wasn't even in the running to begin with.

2. Why would Diaco want the BC job? He'll have much better options in short order.
    He's already interviewed for the job, so he's obviously at least interested.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by B'sCeltsPatsSox View Post
    Just doesn't have a track record that really excites me. If it's going to be a MAC coach I'd rather it be Hazell.

Anyways, it sounds like Lembo wasn't even in the running to begin with.

He's already interviewed for the job, so he's obviously at least interested.
    So, Hazell has a better track record? He's only been a HC for two years, has basically two wins of note in his career.

Well, plenty of coordinators will interview for jobs just to get the experience. When it comes down to it, doubtful he's going to take a job like BC when he'll have better offers down the road.
    On Cam Newton:

Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    So it's official.

This jerk off is going to be the first QB taken in the first round (or maybe the first 5) in the modern era to throw less than 300 passes at DI level. and he might go #1 overall.

hahahahahahahahahahahaha

Nfl scouting is a joke.

vCash
    So, Hazell has a better track record? He's only been a HC for two years, has basically two wins of note in his career.

Well, plenty of coordinators will interview for jobs just to get the experience. When it comes down to it, doubtful he's going to take a job like BC when he'll have better offers down the road.
    I guess it's just a matter of preference then. I know Lembo has been successful in the lower levels as a HC and Hazell played a pretty big part for Ohio State during the late 2000's.

Anyways Purdue hire Hazell and BC just hired Steve Addazio. Not really sure what to think of it because I never heard his name come up at all in this.

vCash
    Adazzio to BC

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by B'sCeltsPatsSox View Post
    I guess it's just a matter of preference then. I know Lembo has been successful in the lower levels as a HC and Hazell played a pretty big part for Ohio State during the late 2000's.

Anyways Purdue hire Hazell and BC just hired Steve Addazio. Not really sure what to think of it because I never heard his name come up at all in this.
    I know Florida fans hated Addazio, but he seems to have done a pretty good job at Temple. So-so hire.
    On Cam Newton:

So it's official.

This jerk off is going to be the first QB taken in the first round (or maybe the first 5) in the modern era to throw less than 300 passes at DI level. and he might go #1 overall.

hahahahahahahahahahahaha

Nfl scouting is a joke.

vCash
    I know Florida fans hated Addazio, but he seems to have done a pretty good job at Temple. So-so hire.
    Hate is a strong word.

We wanted to kill him.

He's a great recruiter, has a reputation as a great motivator, strong track record as an offensive line coach, despicably conservative play-caller, and not a sharp game-planner.

He helped bring Florida a lot of its best talent from the northern states so he knows how to recruit up there. Aaron Hernandez and Jordan Reed both came from Connecticutt, Sharrif Floyd from Pennsylvania, Dominique Easley from New York, etc.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Catfish1314 View Post
    Hate is a strong word.

We wanted to kill him.

He's a great recruiter, has a reputation as a great motivator, strong track record as an offensive line coach, despicably conservative play-caller, and not a sharp game-planner.

He helped bring Florida a lot of its best talent from the northern states so he knows how to recruit up there. Aaron Hernandez and Jordan Reed both came from Connecticutt, Sharrif Floyd from Pennsylvania, Dominique Easley from New York, etc.
    Here's to hoping he hires a ****** OC at BC, then.
    On Cam Newton:

So it's official.

hahahahahahahahahahahaha

Nfl scouting is a joke.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Catfish1314 View Post
    Hate is a strong word.

We wanted to kill him.

cosign all of this
    JETSMETSKNICKSPENS
    GATOR BAIT!
    UCONN!!!

vCash
    also, espn's reporting that charlie strong is tennessee's favorite choice
    JETSMETSKNICKSPENS
    GATOR BAIT!
    UCONN!!!

vCash
    With the mess Tennessee is right now and Louisville to the ACC, I think it's far from a guarantee that Strong would take that position if offered.

vCash
    Addazio was not a good hire for BC in my opinion. Don't forget that Al Golden left a lot behind at Temple, and Addazio had so-so results there. I was not impressed with Addazio as a play-caller at Florida...
    Patriots Forum Hall of Fame Class of 2011

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post
    Woah...Brett Bielema is the new coach at Arkansas.

https://twitter.com/schadjoe

That came out of nowhere...he was never once even rumored as a candidate.
    It seems like they just called up every big name coach and the country and asked if they wanted to get paid.... But a huge hire for Arkansas.

vCash
    I love this time of the year because it creates a domino of moves all the way down to the bottom.

You start off with

Tennessee
    Auburn
    Arkansas
    Kentucky
    Boston College
    NC State
    Purdue
    Colorado
    Idaho
    Cal
    Southern Miss
    Western Michigan
    UTEP

And now that coaches are leaving for those jobs you have or likely to have these teams looking as well

Wisconsin
    Arkansas State
    Northern Illinois
    Temple
    Cincinnati
    Louisville

vCash
    Have had some time to think over the Addazio hire now. I find it alright. It isn't as terrible as some are making it out to be but it definitely isn't the greatest. He's got a great track record in recruiting especially in the North East which is certainly a plus. Just hoping he brings a good OC with him too and I'll be happy. It can't be worse than Spaz(even though he nearly looks like him haha.)

Also kinda found it funny Addazio got the job after being a candidate for it 4 years ago with a different AD.
    Last edited by B'sCeltsPatsSox; 12-04-2012 at 10:50 PM.

Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast