Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    vCash
    I'm loving hearing the Tennessee fans here talking about the coaches that they are gonna go after its hilarious. I'm hearing people saying

Jon Gruden
    Pete Carroll
    Bob Stoops
    Chris Petersen
    Gary Patterson
    Kevin Sumlin
    Brian Kelly

And not just the fans but people on the radio and on the local news who should know better....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mell413 View Post
    I don't think Beckman should be fired yet. I think you have to at least give him a chance to get some of his guys in place. That being said I think he gets let go. Although I think Illini fans/alumni should lower their expectations. It's not as great of a job as they think it is
    Anyone who thinks Illinois should be more than an annual bowl team is crazy. I don't think they should be a B10 power, but there is no reason that they can't be as good as Northwestern year in and year out. Illinois isn't Ohio, Texas, or some other HS Football power but the state produces a lot of talent. The current Illini have some pretty good talent (no depth but some nice top end talent) and should at least be competitive. They aren't even competitive and that is ridiculous. Even during the 6 game losing streak last season, at least they were competitive.

vCash
    If Kiffin gets fired after next season, who do you guys think could be the next USC coach?

vCash
    TOB is toast.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by steelcityroller View Post
    I'm loving hearing the Tennessee fans here talking about the coaches that they are gonna go after its hilarious. I'm hearing people saying

Jon Gruden
    Pete Carroll
    Bob Stoops
    Chris Petersen
    Gary Patterson
    Kevin Sumlin
    Brian Kelly

And not just the fans but people on the radio and on the local news who should know better....
    I wonder what their reaction would be if the hired Pat Fitzgerald whose more of a realistic choice for the job.

Quote Originally Posted by PhillyLuver View Post
    If Kiffin gets fired after next season, who do you guys think could be the next USC coach?
    USC would probably go after Patterson and Petersen types. My mind is drawing a blank on people right now that have USC ties. Sumlin would be another guy they'd go after but don't see him leaving.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by B'sCeltsPatsSox View Post
    USC would probably go after Patterson and Petersen types. My mind is drawing a blank on people right now that have USC ties. Sumlin would be another guy they'd go after but don't see him leaving.
    Would they go after or want Sarkisian?

vCash

Jon Gruden
    Pete Carroll
    Bob Stoops
    Chris Petersen
    Gary Patterson
    Kevin Sumlin
    Brian Kelly

If Gruden wants a challenge he can prove something with, and turning that program around would be proving something, I could see some interest. But does he have any college experience? UT needs someone who can recruit like a champ and someone with a winning record at the college level IMO.

Honestly I don't think it would be the worst thing in the world if they tried to get Fulmer back. He can recruit, he can manage a program, and obviously he knows what it takes to win in the SEC.

Quote Originally Posted by PhillyLuver View Post
    Kevin Sumlin has to be the go-to guy for any openings at one of the elite programs for the next few years. But he has a nice little gig at Texas A&M so he may not be leaving anytime soon.

vCash

Jon Gruden
    Pete Carroll
    Bob Stoops
    Chris Petersen
    Gary Patterson
    Kevin Sumlin
    Brian Kelly

Those 3 names have come up A LOT recently in the Arkansas coaching search as well...and it's just crazy to think Gruden is even a remotely realistic option. He already has a high paying, great job and can get back into the NFL any time he wants to. Why would he go back into the college game? Same with Carroll, whose team is in the drivers seat for the final Wild Card spot in the NFC and isn't really on the hot seat in Seattle to begin with. Patterson make some sense, because really, what else can he accomplish at TCU? But he can most likely land a better job than Arkansas.

Though it's been rumored that Arkansas is willing to pay upwards of $6M per to land their next coach and are targeting exclusively big names. I hope they can get someone great after the Petrino debacle, but I'm not that hopeful. It's still at best, a 2nd tier SEC program that's going to have a very hard time ever being better than Alabama, LSU, Florida or Georgia with any kind of consistency. Petrino took the program as far it could possibly go IMO.
    Last edited by DamnGoat; 11-19-2012 at 12:11 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post
    Those 3 names have come up A LOT recently in the Arkansas coaching search as well...and it's just crazy to think Gruden is even a remotely realistic option. He already has a high paying, great job and can get back into the NFL any time he wants to. Why would he go back into the college game? Same with Carroll, whose team is in the drivers seat for the final Wild Card spot in the NFC and isn't really on the hot seat in Seattle to begin with. Patterson make some sense, because really, what else can he accomplish at TCU? But he can most likely land a better job than Arkansas.

Though it's been rumored that Arkansas is willing to pay upwards of $6M per to land their next coach and are targeting exclusively big names. I hope they can get someone great after the Petrino debacle, but I'm not that hopeful. It's still at best, a 2nd tier SEC program that's going to have a very hard time ever being better than Alabama, LSU, Florida or Georgia with any kind of consistency. Petrino took the program as far it could possibly go IMO.
    If Auburn can win a national championship then so can Arkansas. Its not very likely but it is possible.

vCash
    If Auburn can win a national championship then so can Arkansas. Its not very likely but it is possible.
    Well sure, but 1) Auburn's NT run was one of the flukiest I can ever remember (without Cam, that's a middle of the pack SEC team at best) & 2) Arkansas is just a very hard place to recruit to. We consistently lose top in state talent to bigger & better programs.

So whoever the new coach is, they need to be able to recruit on the same level Petrino did (although he neglected the Defense, he brought in some great offensive talent) and of course they need to be able to coach.

vCash
    I don't know about that. Are there any real good college quarterbacks for sale right now? How much did Auburn pay Cam Newton?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by B'sCeltsPatsSox View Post
    I wonder what their reaction would be if the hired Pat Fitzgerald whose more of a realistic choice for the job.
    They would riot in Knoxville and look stupid to those who actually know what Fitzgerald has done at Northwestern.

Just a month ago they were talking about how there was no way in hell they could even consider James Franklin of Vanderbilt as their next coach. Now their fans are on the radio BEGGING for them to go get James Franklin.

You have no idea how delusional these UT fans are guys.... I had 2 people at work today tell me that they were gonna get Will Muschamp and Les Miles.

I asked them why the hell Will Muschamp would leave Florida and Les Miles leave LSU which are elite programs that have won 2 BCS national championships? Their answer.... Tennessee is also an elite program and would pay more money? False on both accounts.

They still think that Tennessee is an elite top 5-10 school. That is why any high-profile coach needs to stay away because these fans are delusional.

Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post
    Well sure, but 1) Auburn's NT run was one of the flukiest I can ever remember (without Cam, that's a middle of the pack SEC team at best) & 2) Arkansas is just a very hard place to recruit to. We consistently lose top in state talent to bigger & better programs.

So whoever the new coach is, they need to be able to recruit on the same level Petrino did (although he neglected the Defense, he brought in some great offensive talent) and of course they need to be able to coach.
    Oh absolutely everything happened right for Auburn that year. But I felt that with the direction they were going with Bobby Petrino that they could have been in that position where if everything aligned right they could possibly win a national title.

Quote Originally Posted by Wingman View Post
    I don't know about that. Are there any real good college quarterbacks for sale right now? How much did Auburn pay Cam Newton?
    You have to remember as well that we are now gonna be having a playoff. So all it will take is for a team to finish in the top 4 and get hot for it to happen.... How many times do we see it in the NFL that a team will go 10-6 or 11-5 and get into the playoffs and get hot.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BCB mwat15 View Post
    Would they go after or want Sarkisian?
    No way that would happen. Sark is an okay coach, but USC would be settling for mediocrity, and I'm guessing that they will swing for the fences if they go after a new coach. It's not that Sark is a bad coach, but he's more of an offensive coordinator that happens to have the head coach title.

Also, Cal is hilariously going to keep Jeff Tedford most likely. The ridiculous buyout is just too much, and they are going to try and restructure his contract/duties and give him another year.
    Patriots Forum Hall of Fame Class of 2011

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BradyIsTheMan12 View Post
    No way that would happen. Sark is an okay coach, but USC would be settling for mediocrity, and I'm guessing that they will swing for the fences if they go after a new coach. It's not that Sark is a bad coach, but he's more of an offensive coordinator that happens to have the head coach title.

Also, Cal is hilariously going to keep Jeff Tedford most likely. The ridiculous buyout is just too much, and they are going to try and restructure his contract/duties and give him another year.
    Nah they fired him

vCash
    I'm hearing that the Arkansas coach will be announced this weekend as soon as John L. Smith cleans out his office. So it's likely someone that's not currently coaching.

Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast