Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: how long will the 2012-2013 lockout last?

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • its over within a week, nothing missed

0 0%
  • some of the preseason cancelled, regular season ok

3 13.04%
  • all of preseason gone, some of regular season gone

10 43.48%
  • all preseason gone, majorly condensed regular season

4 17.39%
  • no regular season at all. we're all muy triste.

6 26.09%
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    vCash
    i doubt anything happens now, their proposal was indeed B.S PR move, when the opposing group goes into a negotiation with 3 counter proposals and they turn each one down in a 10 minute span, that shows, like lucic said in an interview, they aren't willing to negotiate. it's so sad, and i have lost every ounce of respect i had for the owners....soo ****ing sad, just **** the fans, they're stupid, if we throw out a B.S proposal, they'll be dumb enough to fall for it, and i as i assume many others did......The fact, they're ignorant enough to do what they did makes me sick....either cancel the damn season and save me and the millions the heartache of hoping the season will start, or start november 2, like you said you wanted and quit tugging my dick and giving me blue balls...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bruins>habs View Post
    i doubt anything happens now, their proposal was indeed B.S PR move, when the opposing group goes into a negotiation with 3 counter proposals and they turn each one down in a 10 minute span, that shows, like lucic said in an interview, they aren't willing to negotiate. it's so sad, and i have lost every ounce of respect i had for the owners....soo ****ing sad, just **** the fans, they're stupid, if we throw out a B.S proposal, they'll be dumb enough to fall for it, and i as i assume many others did......The fact, they're ignorant enough to do what they did makes me sick....either cancel the damn season and save me and the millions the heartache of hoping the season will start, or start november 2, like you said you wanted and quit tugging my dick and giving me blue balls...
    I have yet to see any of the NHLPA offers. I wouldn't be so quick to shoot my mouth off about the owners when the players are just as bad. Just think, if the players were willing to give up 7% or $230 million in HRR (roughly $7.7 million per team) would could have a hockey season

Aside from their normal salaries (average of $4.5 million a year) they also get endorsement contracts as well. 99% of players in the NHL get free skates, sticks, equipment, don't have to pay for travel, hotels and get a at least one meal a day via ownership.

The owners have millions of dollars invested in their franchises while the average NHL player has ZERO invested in his franchise. The owners take all the risk (financially) while the players get over half the reward (financially).

Non~Bruins Watch
    Filip Forsberg
    28GP / 12G / 17A / 1.04PPG / +25

vCash
    i agree with one man

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OneManIsNoMan View Post
    I have yet to see any of the NHLPA offers. I wouldn't be so quick to shoot my mouth off about the owners when the players are just as bad. Just think, if the players were willing to give up 7% or $230 million in HRR (roughly $7.7 million per team) would could have a hockey season

Aside from their normal salaries (average of $4.5 million a year) they also get endorsement contracts as well. 99% of players in the NHL get free skates, sticks, equipment, don't have to pay for travel, hotels and get a at least one meal a day via ownership.

The owners have millions of dollars invested in their franchises while the average NHL player has ZERO invested in his franchise. The owners take all the risk (financially) while the players get over half the reward (financially).
    Totally agree with everything except the last part. The players take all the risk. For most of these owners, the hockey team is a hobby business built off of other multi million dollar businesses. If hockey ceased to exist forever, the owners would be fine, but the players would be at risk of being financially destitute because its all they know how to do (for the most part).

"I grew up in hockey, and I appreciate the game and respect the game, and I want to play in a place where it matters." - Soupy

vCash
    It's always interesting to see how different the American perception is...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NeelyforPres View Post
    Totally agree with everything except the last part. The players take all the risk. For most of these owners, the hockey team is a hobby business built off of other multi million dollar businesses. If hockey ceased to exist forever, the owners would be fine, but the players would be at risk of being financially destitute because its all they know how to do (for the most part).
    From a psychical standpoint yes then do. I wouldn't argue that and that's why I said "financially". We all know that hockey will never cease to exists and these player will always have job (North America or somewhere else).

Non~Bruins Watch
    Filip Forsberg

vCash
    From a psychical standpoint yes then do. I wouldn't argue that and that's why I said "financially". We all know that hockey will never cease to exists and these player will always have job (North America or somewhere else).
    No I meant financial risk. The owners would be fine without hockey. The players would not, on average, be fine.

"I grew up in hockey, and I appreciate the game and respect the game, and I want to play in a place where it matters." - Soupy

vCash

vCash
    No I meant financial risk. The owners would be fine without hockey. The players would not, on average, be fine.
    How are the players taking a financial risk? They have no money invested in these teams and are/were getting 57% of HRR.

Non~Bruins Watch
    Filip Forsberg

vCash
    so sad :cry: and angering

vCash
    Tuukka injured his groin according to 98.5.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by B'sCeltsPatsSox View Post
    Tuukka injured his groin according to 98.5.
    wonderful, an injury that can nag a whole year great job Jeremy Jacobs and co.

vCash
    How are the players taking a financial risk? They have no money invested in these teams and are/were getting 57% of HRR.
    I'm thinking big picture.

If hockey was no more. Gone. Ceased to exist. Who would be in a worse position to support themselves and their families financially? The owners? Or the players? That's the risk I'm referring to. Not getting a return on a principal.

vCash

If hockey was no more. Gone. Ceased to exist. Who would be in a worse position to support themselves and their families financially? The owners? Or the players? That's the risk I'm referring to. Not getting a return on a principal.
    obviously the players...this is their livelyhood, the owners would be fine because they have their big companies to make them money still

vCash

TBH if hockey ceased to exist most of these players would be fine. I've posted it before but the average American over their lifetime makes $2 million. I would guess that 85% of the NHL players make that in a season. If as of today hockey ceased to exist these players could live for years without a job.

Let me ask you this question. Lets say you own a company where you are the sole investor. You have a small group of workers, lets say 15 workers. At the end of the year you've generated $3 million in revenue. Would you be willing to give $1.7 million to your workers?

Non~Bruins Watch
    Filip Forsberg

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast