Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: how long will the 2012-2013 lockout last?

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • its over within a week, nothing missed

0 0%
  • some of the preseason cancelled, regular season ok

3 13.04%
  • all of preseason gone, some of regular season gone

10 43.48%
  • all preseason gone, majorly condensed regular season

4 17.39%
  • no regular season at all. we're all muy triste.

6 26.09%
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    vCash
    HC Lugano just signed Bergy. Swiss league team fyi.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OneManIsNoMan View Post
    Why so they can keep up their lavish lifestyles? You realize that what a guy like Krejci makes in one season would take someone over 100 years to make. If I had $4 million in the bank I could live off that over 60 years and that would be infmy bills were $80,000 a year.

While I'm not shedding any tears for well-paid athletes, keep in mind that these guys are not you or I and analogies to our lives are kind of missing the mark. These players are capable of doing something at such a high level that only maybe 300 people on earth can claim the same (I'm talking about the truly elite players). And they didn't wake up like that. Most of them sacrificed their childhoods to go play year round on travel teams that kept them away from their families and friends. They spend almost every day of the week honing their skills. They can only play their chosen sport for a very short time. And there are also the injuries and post-concussion syndrome that many players have to deal with the rest of their lives.

We see the glory and the money and we dream of being half as good as they are, but I know that I wouldn't trade the life I've had to make the sacrifices that they have and switch places. Maybe other people would in a heartbeat. I met Bobby Orr about 15 years ago and watching that guy hobble around was sad. And he's a guy who actually had the smarts and talent to create a life for himself after the game. Most others aren't so lucky and I'm not going to begrudge them for trying to earn more money in the incredibly small window of time they have to do it.

vCash
    IDK when this study was done but it shows alot of good information on Player careers in the NHL....

This is why I am for the players, from the superstars to the grinding players....i have said it before THIS (PLAYING HOCKEY) IS THEIR LIVELYHOOD. to the owners THIS (OWNING AN NHL TEAM) IS THEIR HOBBY.

For those who don't click on the link and look at everything, here is a main reason to side with the players IMO....

A typical career of an NHL player can be summarized with one word. Its short! Over half of all NHL players play less that 100 games during their career and for approximately 5 percent of players, their first NHL game is also their last. If we look at this from a different angle, long careers are extremely rare. Only 4 percent of players (that's 1 out of 25) dress up for more than 1000 games.
    so basically out of 25 players, One will have a career of about 12 seasons or more....that's cazy

Proud to be PSD's Little Ball of Hate

BRAD MARCHAND

2013-2014 Season Statistics:
    Games Played: 69
    Goals: 22
    Assists: 21
    +/-: +27

vCash
    Well it's official. First 82 games of the season cancelled. Games are up to Oct 24th
    PSD Bruins Hall of Fame Class of 2011

Boston Bruins 2010-11 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!!!

So nasty

Visit the Boston Bruins forum. Good times!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Danman1116 View Post
    Well it's official. First 82 games of the season cancelled. Games are up to Oct 24th
    this sounds like the whole season is cancelled to me, do you mean the first two weeks of the season are cancelled going up to Oct. 24 ?

BRAD MARCHAND

vCash
    Yes, he meant that (Oct 24).
    Feeling left out in society? Are you that kid? The Bruins forum can help you.

PSD's Zdeno Chara

PSD Bruins Hall of Fame Class of 2010

Yeti FTW

vCash
    I under stand that there rich many times over. Even if there where a 50/50 split my 50% has to pay rent on venue, nonplayer salerys, travel & what ever cut that goes the run the NHL front office. Even if middle class or super elite your not running A Co. to loose money! your paying put granteed money players. you loose your goalie a star or 2 attendence drops by 10-15% you the owner aretaking the ricks so I'd want a bigger peice of the PIE. I wonder what side of the fence Mario Leumxe is on since he has been on both sides?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bruins>habs View Post
    this sounds like the whole season is cancelled to me, do you mean the first two weeks of the season are cancelled going up to Oct. 24 ?
    He meant a total of 82 games over the course of those first two weeks.

vCash
    could have hockey earlier than expected ray: hope to god it happens

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...er-hope-full-/

BRAD MARCHAND

vCash
    There's hope!

vCash
    Interesting a Winter/Summer Hockey A Nov. 2 start date would extend the season well into June, but would preserve some of the marquee events, such as the Jan. 1 Winter Classic in Michigan

@washtimes on Twitter

vCash
    supposedly as of right now, they are having a conference call between the two

Unless that was a false report

BRAD MARCHAND

vCash
    I think the NHLPA is having a conference call amongst themselves to discuss the proposal

After Hours album out 4/29

When you're having fun... Timeflies

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tomsa592 View Post
    I think the NHLPA is having a conference call amongst themselves to discuss the proposal
    oh alright, that makes more sense

BRAD MARCHAND

vCash
    Games cancelled through 11/1. Had to be done so that, if they somehow manage to hammer out a deal to start the season by 11/2, they could still have a week-long training camp.

Please please please...ray:

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast