Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: how long will the 2012-2013 lockout last?

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • its over within a week, nothing missed

0 0%
  • some of the preseason cancelled, regular season ok

3 13.04%
  • all of preseason gone, some of regular season gone

10 43.48%
  • all preseason gone, majorly condensed regular season

4 17.39%
  • no regular season at all. we're all muy triste.

6 26.09%
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GibberSquad View Post
    I have to side with the owners. The players are already making more money than they ever have. Parise, Weber, Suter. They're set for life. As Oneman said, the owners are looking for a little reprieve from the cost of having an NHL team. I may be wrong with this, but I read somewhere that 18 teams are in the hole, and not making money.

Heck, the Devils made the cup final and I believe the owner is still close to 20 million in the whole.

But 3.3 billion is a lot of money to lose out on. I'm sure they'll figure something out.
    1.) SO ARE THE OWNERS !!!!!!!!!!!! and not every NHL player is set for life

2.) Who gives a **** what they want, they rapped the players last time, and i'm tired of the rich wanting more money..Tough **** if its not making them more money, they have their billion dollar industries. Sell the team or move them to a place will make them money.
    Last edited by bruins>habs; 09-21-2012 at 07:51 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bruins>habs View Post
    1.) SO ARE THE OWNERS !!!!!!!!!!!! and not every NHL player is set for life
    They wont be "set for life" if they continue to lose millions of dollars a year trying to run these teams. I don't understand why people hate the rich so much. For most of them they earned what they have (yes a few are handed stuff but not all). Majority are successful businessman and are generating jobs in their respective cities.

2.) Who gives a **** what they want, they rapped the players last time, and i'm tired of the rich wanting more money..Tough **** if its not making them more money, they have their billion dollar industries. Sell the team or move them to a place will make them money.
    Interesting approach. Very few people can buy NHL team or any sports team for that matter. Not to mention that they have to be approved by the NHL owners to purchase a team. Relocating wouldn't do you any good as there was 18 teams who lost money last year. It's not like a few franchises are struggling it's over half the league.

First Milk Crates, Now Water Bottles.....Nothing is Safe

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OneManIsNoMan View Post
    They wont be "set for life" if they continue to lose millions of dollars a year trying to run these teams. I don't understand why people hate the rich so much. For most of them they earned what they have (yes a few are handed stuff but not all). Majority are successful businessman and are generating jobs in their respective cities.

Interesting approach. Very few people can buy NHL team or any sports team for that matter. Not to mention that they have to be approved by the NHL owners to purchase a team. Relocating wouldn't do you any good as there was 18 teams who lost money last year. It's not like a few franchises are struggling it's over half the league.
    for one, when their businesses are making over a billion dollars in revenue a year, they are set for life.....if they want to own an expensive hobby then that's their incentive. if its causing them to lose more money than they want, then sell the team to the next billionaire. Don't ask players who make this THEIR actual lively-hood to take cuts so they can make more money. how can anyone agree with that?

Which 18 teams lost money?

vCash
    for one, when their businesses are making over a billion dollars in revenue a year, they are set for life.....if they want to own an expensive hobby then that's their incentive. if its causing them to lose more money than they want, then sell the team to the next billionaire.
    Do you have a list of the owners business and what their profit is? I'm guessing that you are purely assuming that every owner make billions a year in other business. There are roughly 1100 billionaires in the world with less then 20% coming from Canada, USA & Russia (most hockey influenced area's). People are not lining up to buy hockey teams and if you look at recent attempted purchases, it's typically a group of people.

Don't ask players who make this THEIR actual lively-hood to take cuts so they can make more money. how can anyone agree with that?
    The players received roughly $1.9 billion in HRR last year while the owners received roughly $1.4 billion in HRR. The owners are asking the NHLPA to cut back their % of HRR from 57% to 49%. Essentially the owners are asking the NHLPA for roughly $264 million from HRR to help cover operating cost. Instead of $1.9 billion they players would receive $1.6 billion from HRR.

^That is the major reason for this current lockout.

Which 18 teams lost money?
    1. Pittsburgh
    2. Los Angeles
    3. Dallas
    4. Washington
    5. Minnesota
    6. San Jose
    7. Anaheim
    8. New Jersey
    9. Tampa Bay
    10. Buffalo
    11. Carolina
    12. Winnipeg
    13. Nashville
    14. Florida
    15. St. Louis
    16. Columbus
    17. New York (I)
    18. Phoenix

vCash
    Do you have a list of the owners business and what their profit is? I'm guessing that you are purely assuming that every owner make billions a year in other business. There are roughly 1100 billionaires in the world with less then 20% coming from Canada, USA & Russia (most hockey influenced area's). People are not lining up to buy hockey teams and if you look at recent attempted purchases, it's typically a group of people.

The players received roughly $1.9 billion in HRR last year while the owners received roughly $1.4 billion in HRR. The owners are asking the NHLPA to cut back their % of HRR from 57% to 49%. Essentially the owners are asking the NHLPA for roughly $264 million from HRR to help cover operating cost. Instead of $1.9 billion they players would receive $1.6 billion from HRR.

^That is the major reason for this current lockout.

1. Pittsburgh
    2. Los Angeles
    3. Dallas
    4. Washington
    5. Minnesota
    6. San Jose
    7. Anaheim
    8. New Jersey
    9. Tampa Bay
    10. Buffalo
    11. Carolina
    12. Winnipeg
    13. Nashville
    14. Florida
    15. St. Louis
    16. Columbus
    17. New York (I)
    18. Phoenix
    2. Los Angeles' co-owners are Philip Anschutz who has a net worth of about 7.6 Billion and Edward Roski who has a net worth of about 3.7 Billion....not hurting for money

5. Minnesota's owner just dished about 196 million dollars in Contracts to two players so idc if he's not making money b/c obviously isn't an issue for him outside of the Wild. PLUS his wife's a billionaire too (making 2.7 billion) so i'm sure some of that money helps out with the Wild.

7. Anaheim's owner (henry Samueli) net worth is about 1.7 billion. and the company he owns makes 7.39 billion in revenues...not hurting for money

10. Buffalo is a joke. Terry Pegula has a net worth of 3 billion dollars. He just bought the Sabres for 189 million dollars. he is defiantly not hurting for money.

there are four teams who should not ***** and complain about not making money. Their owners are billionaires and don't have a problem throwing money around.

For the rest of those teams...Move a team to Seattle, Quebec City, Markham/Toronto, Saskatoon, and Hamilton. Keep Winnipeg, Pitts, SJS, and the for those teams who don't move to a new city, get rid of the teams and go down to a smaller team league....I know easier said than done.

vCash
    no freaking way to they deserve the bigger piece of the pie....THIS is the player's jobs. THIS is a hobby to the owners. None of these owners use this as their lively-hood. For instance, Jeremy Jacobs owns the The Deleware North Companies which basically is a company that supplies venues with food (i.e he Boston Garden with Hamburgers and Hotdogs). Well you know what, seeing the company makes over 2 billion dollars and revenues, i think Mr. Jacobs can choke on one of those hotdogs in Upstate New York....**** THAT!! **** him and every rich bastard owner of the NHL, **** them all....i am so ****ing sick of the rich trying to get richer, its SICKENING. but you know what, **** it...the owners deserve more money on top of their million/billion dollar industries, wtf
    Thats the problem. The owners find no need in hockey, unless they are making a big profit. The owners aren't hurt by a lockout most that own the stadiums will just rent it out to concerts and other ****. While writing loses off on taxes.

The players have made more money a lot more money than what was theorized in the deal 7 years ago. Put it this way, if the players win; all the owners are going to do is raise ticket prices and will be back at this in 5 years, when fans don't show up because prices are to high. Does Ovi or Crosby really need 10 million dollars? They aren't fighting for the 4th liners they are fighting for that extra million dollar in their pocket....thats selfish also.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 2bleedB&G View Post
    Thats the problem. The owners find no need in hockey, unless they are making a big profit. The owners aren't hurt by a lockout most that own the stadiums will just rent it out to concerts and other ****. While writing loses off on taxes.

The players have made more money a lot more money than what was theorized in the deal 7 years ago. Put it this way, if the players win; all the owners are going to do is raise ticket prices and will be back at this in 5 years, when fans don't show up because prices are to high. Does Ovi or Crosby really need 10 million dollars? They aren't fighting for the 4th liners they are fighting for that extra million dollar in their pocket....thats selfish also.
    idg why every other Sports league doesn't go through this........

vCash
    idg why every other Sports league doesn't go through this........
    Because they all make profits from tv. NHL doesn't we poor people look at 3 billion and say holy ****...compare it to baseball football and basketball its really not very much.

Also because of TV the leagues have greater pressure to get a contract done.

Plus like you said bettman is force feeding hockey in the south and teams that are making profits have to subsidize them.

vCash
    2. Los Angeles' co-owners are Philip Anschutz who has a net worth of about 7.6 Billion and Edward Roski who has a net worth of about 3.7 Billion....not hurting for money

5. Minnesota's owner just dished about 196 million dollars in Contracts to two players so idc if he's not making money b/c obviously isn't an issue for him outside of the Wild. PLUS his wife's a billionaire too (making 2.7 billion) so i'm sure some of that money helps out with the Wild.

7. Anaheim's owner (henry Samueli) net worth is about 1.7 billion. and the company he owns makes 7.39 billion in revenues...not hurting for money

10. Buffalo is a joke. Terry Pegula has a net worth of 3 billion dollars. He just bought the Sabres for 189 million dollars. he is defiantly not hurting for money.

there are four teams who should not ***** and complain about not making money. Their owners are billionaires and don't have a problem throwing money around.
    You're missing the point. It doesn't matter what some of these owners have for a net worth. The NHL is a business to them! The goal of any business is to make money. Just because these owners have other business doesn't mean then can lose money with an NHL team.

For the rest of those teams...Move a team to Seattle, Quebec City, Markham/Toronto, Saskatoon, and Hamilton. Keep Winnipeg, Pitts, SJS, and the for those teams who don't move to a new city, get rid of the teams and go down to a smaller team league....I know easier said than done.
    Absolutely right, it's easier said then done

vCash

Easiest way to solve this problem is HRR gets split 50/50. The players have no team without owners and owners have no product without the players. If they split the $3.3 billion 50/50 it would give each owner an additional $7.8 million. This would then mean 13 of the 16 teams in the negative would be in the positive. It's amazing that a whopping 7% of the HRR is keeping us in a lockout.

vCash
    Easiest way to solve this problem is HRR gets split 50/50. The players have no team without owners and owners have no product without the players. If they split the $3.3 billion 50/50 it would give each owner an additional $7.8 million. This would then mean 13 of the 16 teams in the negative would be in the positive. It's amazing that a whopping 7% of the HRR is keeping us in a lockout.
    The list you gave was Pitts the team that lost the most or was that just any order?

And I agree 50/50. But the NHLPA should have the right to vote for a team to move if they aren't making money. Its not fair that Phoniex Florida TB are dragging down revenue and players should suffer because Bettman is a moron.
    Last edited by 2bleedB&G; 09-22-2012 at 09:35 PM.

vCash

vCash
    No Pittsburgh actually only lost something like $200,000. Phoenix and Columbus lost the most. IIRC PHX lost $24.4 million and CBJ lost $16.8 million.

vCash
    I don't understand why people hate the rich so much. For most of them they earned what they have (yes a few are handed stuff but not all). Majority are successful businessman and are generating jobs in their respective cities.
    Most wealthy people have been handed money & the others got wealthy in a dirty way. They justify their greed by rewriting history. They lie to the public to not have to share the wealth. People buy into because they keep you in fear.
    We are becoming servants to big businesses.
    I'm revering to wealthy people & not rich people, there is a difference
    Last edited by kevin13697; 09-23-2012 at 08:36 AM.

vCash
    No Pittsburgh actually only lost something like $200,000. Phoenix and Columbus lost the most. IIRC PHX lost $24.4 million and CBJ lost $16.8 million.
    Thats still crazy. For a team with pitts star power and yet still loose money??

It still drives me nuts that owners give these players crazy money then realize oh **** i cant afford them.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast