Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





View Poll Results: how long will the 2012-2013 lockout last?

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • its over within a week, nothing missed

    0 0%
  • some of the preseason cancelled, regular season ok

    3 13.04%
  • all of preseason gone, some of regular season gone

    10 43.48%
  • all preseason gone, majorly condensed regular season

    4 17.39%
  • no regular season at all. we're all muy triste.

    6 26.09%
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 108
  1. #31
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    9,708
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by kevin13697 View Post
    Most wealthy people have been handed money & the others got wealthy in a dirty way. They justify their greed by rewriting history. They lie to the public to not have to share the wealth. People buy into because they keep you in fear.
    We are becoming servants to big businesses.
    I'm revering to wealthy people & not rich people, there is a difference
    Clearly we're not going anywhere with this debate. I myself am not wealthy or rich and I agree that some get there is unethical ways, but in the end that's how it works. Just remember these big businesses are creating jobs for Americans, without them there are a lot less jobs.

    Quote Originally Posted by 2bleedB&G View Post
    Thats still crazy. For a team with pitts star power and yet still loose money??

    It still drives me nuts that owners give these players crazy money then realize oh **** i cant afford them.
    Imagine how bad off they'd be if they didn't have those stars. The B's are a good example with the current Lucic signing. Mots of would agree that $6 per a bit over payment but thinking all the merchandise he sells. I'm sure if recorded the jersey's that walked into a garden in a given night 20%+ would be Lucic.


    First Milk Crates, Now Water Bottles.....Nothing is Safe

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    4,774
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by OneManIsNoMan View Post
    Clearly we're not going anywhere with this debate. I myself am not wealthy or rich and I agree that some get there is unethical ways, but in the end that's how it works. Just remember these big businesses are creating jobs for Americans, without them there are a lot less jobs.



    Imagine how bad off they'd be if they didn't have those stars. The B's are a good example with the current Lucic signing. Mots of would agree that $6 per a bit over payment but thinking all the merchandise he sells. I'm sure if recorded the jersey's that walked into a garden in a given night 20%+ would be Lucic.
    Don't want to really step into this debate but Walmart for example kills a lot more jobs than creates. Or jobs that it does create are paid less than say a small business would pay. Its the small businesses that actually employ the vast people just like its the middle class that does all the spending on the economy

    Anyway back to hockey I would like to see if Lucic or Malkin or Crosby bring in as much as they are paid?

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Unknown
    Posts
    3,396
    vCash
    1500
    Behind Every Great Fortune Lies A Great Crime...

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Unknown
    Posts
    3,396
    vCash
    1500
    I support NHLPA 100%

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    6,051
    vCash
    2708
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaspa View Post
    I support NHLPA 100%
    I do too, I think most people would if they looked at the issue rather then just being mad at the players for not accepting an unfair CBA offer because they think "you make millions to play a game".

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    6,051
    vCash
    2708
    Quote Originally Posted by 2bleedB&G View Post
    Don't want to really step into this debate but Walmart for example kills a lot more jobs than creates. Or jobs that it does create are paid less than say a small business would pay. Its the small businesses that actually employ the vast people just like its the middle class that does all the spending on the economy

    Anyway back to hockey I would like to see if Lucic or Malkin or Crosby bring in as much as they are paid?
    Why would the KHL want these guys for as long as they could get them?
    because owners make a fortune off of those guys.
    When i buy Bruins tickets, i look at the opposing teams star players. I've seen Ovechkin,Miller,Kovalchuk.. you gotta see these guys play in person
    My mom would tell me she never knew how good Gretzky actually was until she seen him play in person.

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    4,774
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaspa View Post
    I support NHLPA 100%
    I support the 3rd 4th liners I do not support the spoiled ones. I'm a fan of the sport and I watch hockey minus Crosby or malkin or ovi. I love a hard fought game not soccer on ice

    Quote Originally Posted by kevin13697 View Post
    Why would the KHL want these guys for as long as they could get them?
    because owners make a fortune off of those guys.
    When i buy Bruins tickets, i look at the opposing teams star players. I've seen Ovechkin,Miller,Kovalchuk.. you gotta see these guys play in person
    My mom would tell me she never knew how good Gretzky actually was until she seen him play in person.
    I have, but are they worth the price? Is any man worth 10 million that does not save a life? This is not a fight over rich vs poor. That is a war that works who do 12 hours a day should fight. We are the ones that support them and like I said in the nhlpa win, will you be willing to pay the extra cost?

    Me personally no, so I hope the owners win and the price of tickets stay the same or drop.

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    In a tiny cottage in the woods
    Posts
    7,278
    vCash
    1500
    I voted for the second option. I don't think we'll loose the whole season. BTW this sucks. The NFL refs suck, the NBA season needs to start already and the Red Sox well that's another story. I know some of you guys hate other sports but damn, I'm still PO'd after last nights Pats loss.
    20+ years from now I and others will look back @WMXXX and say remember when Brock Beat The Undertaker? More people will remember his only loss more than those 21 Straight wins.

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    6,051
    vCash
    2708
    Quote Originally Posted by 2bleedB&G View Post
    Me personally no, so I hope the owners win and the price of tickets stay the same or drop.
    I haven't been to an NHL since Ryder made a glove save against the Habs in the playoffs
    I don't have the interest anymore, it's not worth the price. Especially with a 46" LED TV at home
    Last edited by kevin13697; 09-24-2012 at 08:59 PM.

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    25
    vCash
    1500
    I'm not sure if anyone is even checking in on this thread anymore but with nothing going on in the NHL and the Sox sucking, I figured what the hell.

    I have to side with the players on this one. And it's not because the owners are super rich. It's for two main reasons. First, the owners came at the NHLPA with such a ludicrous offer to start the negotiations that it's laughable that they're using it as a reference point. I keep hearing Daly say "we've moved quite a bit since our first proposal, and now we're waiting for the union to do the same". But the league's first proposal was for the players to take their % of HRR from 57% to 43%, along with a host of other concessions. That's like me offering you $5,000 for your $20,000 car and then acting like I'm doing you a favor by raising my offer to $10,000. I get how negotiations work but that first offer wasn't an offer, it was an insult.

    Second, it's widely understood that the players "lost" during the last lockout which killed an entire season. They ended up conceding a lot of things that they didn't want to. In return the owners basically said that the NHL now had a smart and sustainable economic foundation. So here we are 8 years later and the owners are telling the players that the foundation isn't smart or sustainable and they want the players to eat the money needed to make it right. This despite the fact that the league's profits have grown over a billion dollars a year since the lockout. It's like the owners want the players to save them from themselves. The players already did that. What's their incentive to do it again, knowing that the owners will come back with the same argument when the next agreement ends? I'd be fine with there ultimately being somewhere around a 50/50 split of HRR, but the way the owners have handled this whole process is really gross and makes me not want to support their position in the least. Just my 2 cents.

  11. #41
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    2,424
    vCash
    1500
    If it wasn't for the owners the players wouldn't have a game to play. They would be playing in their backyard rinks while making minimum wage somewhere. The owners make an investment in the team. The players are the employees. If the owners don't turn a profit, the players aren't going to be playing anything.

    A 50-50% split would be fair.


    Darryl
    Ut In Omnibus Glorificetur Deus

    https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=507682257

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    6,051
    vCash
    2708
    Quote Originally Posted by Petertherock View Post
    If it wasn't for the owners the players wouldn't have a game to play. They would be playing in their backyard rinks while making minimum wage somewhere. The owners make an investment in the team. The players are the employees. If the owners don't turn a profit, the players aren't going to be playing anything.

    A 50-50% split would be fair.
    The quality of hockey is why people spend so much to see it, without the owners there would still be a game.
    There is no risk with these big markets teams & the big market owners are the ones locking the NHL because the players wouldn't accept from 57 to 43%
    Last edited by kevin13697; 10-02-2012 at 11:20 AM.

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    25
    vCash
    1500
    There's a mutually beneficial relationship between the owners and players. Yes, the owners provide a venue for the players to exhibit their talents and they take on the financial risks involved. But few people would come watch the owners' teams if they didn't have the most talented players in the world taking the ice.

    That's what was so discouraging to me about the owners' initial proposal to the players. It was basically a big FU. And then seeing some of the analogies coming out about ranch owners and cattle is just making things worse. The worst part is that the most talented NHL players, who earn the biggest paychecks, can simply go play in a European league. The people getting hurt the most are A) 3rd and 4th line guys who don't usually earn a lot to begin with and B) the fans, who love the game and just want to be entertained.

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    6,051
    vCash
    2708
    Quote Originally Posted by LA Bruins Fan View Post
    There's a mutually beneficial relationship between the owners and players. Yes, the owners provide a venue for the players to exhibit their talents and they take on the financial risks involved. But few people would come watch the owners' teams if they didn't have the most talented players in the world taking the ice.

    That's what was so discouraging to me about the owners' initial proposal to the players. It was basically a big FU. And then seeing some of the analogies coming out about ranch owners and cattle is just making things worse. The worst part is that the most talented NHL players, who earn the biggest paychecks, can simply go play in a European league. The people getting hurt the most are A) 3rd and 4th line guys who don't usually earn a lot to begin with and B) the fans, who love the game and just want to be entertained.
    i agree but i don't put as much blame on the talented NHL playing overseas. Players have to make a lot of money in a short period of time.They don't want a lockout, they are lucky enough to have another option.

  15. #45
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    9,708
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by kevin13697 View Post
    i agree but i don't put as much blame on the talented NHL playing overseas. Players have to make a lot of money in a short period of time.They don't want a lockout, they are lucky enough to have another option.
    Why so they can keep up their lavish lifestyles? You realize that what a guy like Krejci makes in one season would take someone over 100 years to make. If I had $4 million in the bank I could live off that over 60 years and that would be infmy bills were $80,000 a year.


    First Milk Crates, Now Water Bottles.....Nothing is Safe

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •