Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





View Poll Results: how long will the 2012-2013 lockout last?

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • its over within a week, nothing missed

    0 0%
  • some of the preseason cancelled, regular season ok

    3 13.04%
  • all of preseason gone, some of regular season gone

    10 43.48%
  • all preseason gone, majorly condensed regular season

    4 17.39%
  • no regular season at all. we're all muy triste.

    6 26.09%
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 108
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Boston MA
    Posts
    526
    vCash
    1500

    NHL Lockout Thread - Games canceled through Nov. 30

    how long will it last? i think we'll miss the pre-season, maybe a few games in october, nothing more. why? because of the $3 BILLION (yes BILLION) dollars the nhl made last year. the nhl and nhlpa will figure this out... the question is- which group of rich guys gets "screwed" more in the deal?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Boston MA
    Posts
    526
    vCash
    1500

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Nowhere
    Posts
    7,937
    vCash
    1500
    The Owners are a bunch of rich douches and **** each one of them........

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    15,577
    vCash
    1500
    Well the players are going to get screwed...it just depends how badly they will get screwed...

    I do plan on making this lock-out...no matter how long it lasts, a little easier with some videos...that's if youtube cooperates...I'll let you know how it goes....
    PSD Bruins Forum Hall of Fame Class of 2010


    Boston Bruins Style

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    9,729
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by hurtswhenipee View Post
    how long will it last? i think we'll miss the pre-season, maybe a few games in october, nothing more. why? because of the $3 BILLION (yes BILLION) dollars the nhl made last year. the nhl and nhlpa will figure this out... the question is- which group of rich guys gets "screwed" more in the deal?
    Yup and guess what the NHLPA got 57% of that $3 Billion. Check out the Lucic thread in the NHL forum. The biggest hold up is the difference between the players getting an additional $1.2 billion vs. $1.5 billion in HHR. Each owner is basically asking for $11 million in HHR to help with the rising cost associated with running a hockey team.


    First Milk Crates, Now Water Bottles.....Nothing is Safe

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Portland, ME
    Posts
    23
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Hockeyras View Post
    Well the players are going to get screwed...it just depends how badly they will get screwed...

    I do plan on making this lock-out...no matter how long it lasts, a little easier with some videos...that's if youtube cooperates...I'll let you know how it goes....
    There is an ESPN app for XBOX live that shows KHL and NCAA games. Not sure if they show full games or just highlights, but definitely better than nothing.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    4,777
    vCash
    1500
    They should just cut through the ******** and agree on something close to 50/50. For christs sake. I have no sympathy for the players or the owners, but obviously I'd side with the players. Owners need to realize their league is not the nfl and they can't treat the fans with TOTAL disregard, but also the players should realize at the end of the day they are playing an amazing game and getting paid well.

    Both sides need to stop the posturing grand standing and just get the ***** done.


    "I grew up in hockey, and I appreciate the game and respect the game, and I want to play in a place where it matters." - Soupy

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    15,577
    vCash
    1500
    It must suck making some so little money in your lifetime...
    PSD Bruins Forum Hall of Fame Class of 2010


    Boston Bruins Style

  9. #9
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    9,729
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Hockeyras View Post
    It must suck making some so little money in your lifetime...
    What?


    First Milk Crates, Now Water Bottles.....Nothing is Safe

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    1,659
    vCash
    1500
    I have to side with the owners. The players are already making more money than they ever have. Parise, Weber, Suter. They're set for life. As Oneman said, the owners are looking for a little reprieve from the cost of having an NHL team. I may be wrong with this, but I read somewhere that 18 teams are in the hole, and not making money.

    Heck, the Devils made the cup final and I believe the owner is still close to 20 million in the whole.

    But 3.3 billion is a lot of money to lose out on. I'm sure they'll figure something out.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    9,729
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by GibberSquad View Post
    I have to side with the owners. The players are already making more money than they ever have. Parise, Weber, Suter. They're set for life. As Oneman said, the owners are looking for a little reprieve from the cost of having an NHL team. I may be wrong with this, but I read somewhere that 18 teams are in the hole, and not making money.

    Heck, the Devils made the cup final and I believe the owner is still close to 20 million in the whole.

    But 3.3 billion is a lot of money to lose out on. I'm sure they'll figure something out.
    Not sure what the total is up to but in 2011 the Devils lost just over $6 million. It blows my mind that in the $3.3 billion HRR they are fighting over a very small percentage. The owners want the players to go to 49% but the players wont go any less then 52%. 3% of $3.3 Billion is $99 million, it's this $99 million that is the major road block in the NHL lockout.


    First Milk Crates, Now Water Bottles.....Nothing is Safe

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Unknown
    Posts
    3,396
    vCash
    1500
    Gary ****ing Bettman!

  13. #13
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Wisconsin & Switzerland
    Posts
    224
    vCash
    1500
    Yes the owners are rich but they take all the risk. they should get a bigger peice of the pie.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    1,888
    vCash
    1500
    [quote/]

    Just hope nothing serious happens

    Report: Bruins’ Seguin Signs With Swiss Team During Lockout
    http://boston.cbslocal.com/2012/09/2...th-swiss-team/

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Nowhere
    Posts
    7,937
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Godi Jr. View Post
    Yes the owners are rich but they take all the risk. they should get a bigger peice of the pie.
    no freaking way to they deserve the bigger piece of the pie....THIS is the player's jobs. THIS is a hobby to the owners. None of these owners use this as their lively-hood. For instance, Jeremy Jacobs owns the The Deleware North Companies which basically is a company that supplies venues with food (i.e he Boston Garden with Hamburgers and Hotdogs). Well you know what, seeing the company makes over 2 billion dollars and revenues, i think Mr. Jacobs can choke on one of those hotdogs in Upstate New York....**** THAT!! **** him and every rich bastard owner of the NHL, **** them all....i am so ****ing sick of the rich trying to get richer, its SICKENING. but you know what, **** it...the owners deserve more money on top of their million/billion dollar industries, wtf

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •