Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





View Poll Results: how long will the 2012-2013 lockout last?

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • its over within a week, nothing missed

    0 0%
  • some of the preseason cancelled, regular season ok

    3 13.04%
  • all of preseason gone, some of regular season gone

    10 43.48%
  • all preseason gone, majorly condensed regular season

    4 17.39%
  • no regular season at all. we're all muy triste.

    6 26.09%
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 108

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Boston MA
    Posts
    525
    vCash
    1500

    NHL Lockout Thread - Games canceled through Nov. 30

    how long will it last? i think we'll miss the pre-season, maybe a few games in october, nothing more. why? because of the $3 BILLION (yes BILLION) dollars the nhl made last year. the nhl and nhlpa will figure this out... the question is- which group of rich guys gets "screwed" more in the deal?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Boston MA
    Posts
    525
    vCash
    1500

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Nowhere
    Posts
    7,919
    vCash
    1500
    The Owners are a bunch of rich douches and **** each one of them........

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    15,577
    vCash
    1500
    Well the players are going to get screwed...it just depends how badly they will get screwed...

    I do plan on making this lock-out...no matter how long it lasts, a little easier with some videos...that's if youtube cooperates...I'll let you know how it goes....
    PSD Bruins Forum Hall of Fame Class of 2010


    Boston Bruins Style

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Portland, ME
    Posts
    23
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Hockeyras View Post
    Well the players are going to get screwed...it just depends how badly they will get screwed...

    I do plan on making this lock-out...no matter how long it lasts, a little easier with some videos...that's if youtube cooperates...I'll let you know how it goes....
    There is an ESPN app for XBOX live that shows KHL and NCAA games. Not sure if they show full games or just highlights, but definitely better than nothing.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    4,777
    vCash
    1500
    They should just cut through the ******** and agree on something close to 50/50. For christs sake. I have no sympathy for the players or the owners, but obviously I'd side with the players. Owners need to realize their league is not the nfl and they can't treat the fans with TOTAL disregard, but also the players should realize at the end of the day they are playing an amazing game and getting paid well.

    Both sides need to stop the posturing grand standing and just get the ***** done.


    "I grew up in hockey, and I appreciate the game and respect the game, and I want to play in a place where it matters." - Soupy

  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    9,702
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by hurtswhenipee View Post
    how long will it last? i think we'll miss the pre-season, maybe a few games in october, nothing more. why? because of the $3 BILLION (yes BILLION) dollars the nhl made last year. the nhl and nhlpa will figure this out... the question is- which group of rich guys gets "screwed" more in the deal?
    Yup and guess what the NHLPA got 57% of that $3 Billion. Check out the Lucic thread in the NHL forum. The biggest hold up is the difference between the players getting an additional $1.2 billion vs. $1.5 billion in HHR. Each owner is basically asking for $11 million in HHR to help with the rising cost associated with running a hockey team.


    First Milk Crates, Now Water Bottles.....Nothing is Safe

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    15,577
    vCash
    1500
    It must suck making some so little money in your lifetime...
    PSD Bruins Forum Hall of Fame Class of 2010


    Boston Bruins Style

  9. #9
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    9,702
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Hockeyras View Post
    It must suck making some so little money in your lifetime...
    What?


    First Milk Crates, Now Water Bottles.....Nothing is Safe

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    1,658
    vCash
    1500
    I have to side with the owners. The players are already making more money than they ever have. Parise, Weber, Suter. They're set for life. As Oneman said, the owners are looking for a little reprieve from the cost of having an NHL team. I may be wrong with this, but I read somewhere that 18 teams are in the hole, and not making money.

    Heck, the Devils made the cup final and I believe the owner is still close to 20 million in the whole.

    But 3.3 billion is a lot of money to lose out on. I'm sure they'll figure something out.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    9,702
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by GibberSquad View Post
    I have to side with the owners. The players are already making more money than they ever have. Parise, Weber, Suter. They're set for life. As Oneman said, the owners are looking for a little reprieve from the cost of having an NHL team. I may be wrong with this, but I read somewhere that 18 teams are in the hole, and not making money.

    Heck, the Devils made the cup final and I believe the owner is still close to 20 million in the whole.

    But 3.3 billion is a lot of money to lose out on. I'm sure they'll figure something out.
    Not sure what the total is up to but in 2011 the Devils lost just over $6 million. It blows my mind that in the $3.3 billion HRR they are fighting over a very small percentage. The owners want the players to go to 49% but the players wont go any less then 52%. 3% of $3.3 Billion is $99 million, it's this $99 million that is the major road block in the NHL lockout.


    First Milk Crates, Now Water Bottles.....Nothing is Safe

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Nowhere
    Posts
    7,919
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by GibberSquad View Post
    I have to side with the owners. The players are already making more money than they ever have. Parise, Weber, Suter. They're set for life. As Oneman said, the owners are looking for a little reprieve from the cost of having an NHL team. I may be wrong with this, but I read somewhere that 18 teams are in the hole, and not making money.

    Heck, the Devils made the cup final and I believe the owner is still close to 20 million in the whole.

    But 3.3 billion is a lot of money to lose out on. I'm sure they'll figure something out.
    1.) SO ARE THE OWNERS !!!!!!!!!!!! and not every NHL player is set for life

    2.) Who gives a **** what they want, they rapped the players last time, and i'm tired of the rich wanting more money..Tough **** if its not making them more money, they have their billion dollar industries. Sell the team or move them to a place will make them money.
    Last edited by bruins>habs; 09-21-2012 at 07:51 PM.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    9,702
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by bruins>habs View Post
    1.) SO ARE THE OWNERS !!!!!!!!!!!! and not every NHL player is set for life
    They wont be "set for life" if they continue to lose millions of dollars a year trying to run these teams. I don't understand why people hate the rich so much. For most of them they earned what they have (yes a few are handed stuff but not all). Majority are successful businessman and are generating jobs in their respective cities.

    2.) Who gives a **** what they want, they rapped the players last time, and i'm tired of the rich wanting more money..Tough **** if its not making them more money, they have their billion dollar industries. Sell the team or move them to a place will make them money.
    Interesting approach. Very few people can buy NHL team or any sports team for that matter. Not to mention that they have to be approved by the NHL owners to purchase a team. Relocating wouldn't do you any good as there was 18 teams who lost money last year. It's not like a few franchises are struggling it's over half the league.


    First Milk Crates, Now Water Bottles.....Nothing is Safe

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Nowhere
    Posts
    7,919
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by OneManIsNoMan View Post
    They wont be "set for life" if they continue to lose millions of dollars a year trying to run these teams. I don't understand why people hate the rich so much. For most of them they earned what they have (yes a few are handed stuff but not all). Majority are successful businessman and are generating jobs in their respective cities.



    Interesting approach. Very few people can buy NHL team or any sports team for that matter. Not to mention that they have to be approved by the NHL owners to purchase a team. Relocating wouldn't do you any good as there was 18 teams who lost money last year. It's not like a few franchises are struggling it's over half the league.
    for one, when their businesses are making over a billion dollars in revenue a year, they are set for life.....if they want to own an expensive hobby then that's their incentive. if its causing them to lose more money than they want, then sell the team to the next billionaire. Don't ask players who make this THEIR actual lively-hood to take cuts so they can make more money. how can anyone agree with that?


    Which 18 teams lost money?

  15. #15
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    9,702
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by bruins>habs View Post
    for one, when their businesses are making over a billion dollars in revenue a year, they are set for life.....if they want to own an expensive hobby then that's their incentive. if its causing them to lose more money than they want, then sell the team to the next billionaire.
    Do you have a list of the owners business and what their profit is? I'm guessing that you are purely assuming that every owner make billions a year in other business. There are roughly 1100 billionaires in the world with less then 20% coming from Canada, USA & Russia (most hockey influenced area's). People are not lining up to buy hockey teams and if you look at recent attempted purchases, it's typically a group of people.

    Don't ask players who make this THEIR actual lively-hood to take cuts so they can make more money. how can anyone agree with that?
    The players received roughly $1.9 billion in HRR last year while the owners received roughly $1.4 billion in HRR. The owners are asking the NHLPA to cut back their % of HRR from 57% to 49%. Essentially the owners are asking the NHLPA for roughly $264 million from HRR to help cover operating cost. Instead of $1.9 billion they players would receive $1.6 billion from HRR.

    ^That is the major reason for this current lockout.

    Which 18 teams lost money?
    1. Pittsburgh
    2. Los Angeles
    3. Dallas
    4. Washington
    5. Minnesota
    6. San Jose
    7. Anaheim
    8. New Jersey
    9. Tampa Bay
    10. Buffalo
    11. Carolina
    12. Winnipeg
    13. Nashville
    14. Florida
    15. St. Louis
    16. Columbus
    17. New York (I)
    18. Phoenix


    First Milk Crates, Now Water Bottles.....Nothing is Safe

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •