Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ink View Post
    He's been with the Sedins for about 4 years too.

I like him a lot, just think that's an overpayment, plus, I just read that he has a full no trade clause. Double ouch.

Does Gillis ever think that he might need to trade some of these guys sometime? Sticking himself with overpaid contracts and no trade clauses?? I don't get it.
    Burrows is still in his prime though. So, I view Burrows as part of the solution not the problem. Plus it's not easy finding the 3rd 1st line player, and Burrows was able to solidify himself in that spot.
    So Anna, what do you think about the notion that Russell Wilson is better than Andrew Luck?

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck
    "Luck has the most diverse skill set of any NFL quarterback" - Ron Jaworski on Andrew Luck being a top 5 QB

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ink View Post
    He's been with the Sedins for about 4 years too.

I like him a lot, just think that's an overpayment, plus, I just read that he has a full no trade clause. Double ouch.

Does Gillis ever think that he might need to trade some of these guys sometime? Sticking himself with overpaid contracts and no trade clauses?? I don't get it.
    Burrows isn't going to have a lot of value in a trade though, so I can live with it. I think when we move dead weight like Raymond and Ballard, and maybe even Booth, then trade Luongo, the contracts wont be a big issue. Maybe Sedins take a big pay cut in 2 years when the contracts expire. Not a huge paycut obviously, but maybe like 4 years 20 mil each. Saves a couple mil. Who knows.
    TAKE PRIDE

vCash
    Alas, Burrows did not listen to advice from Anson Carter (“Remember, the Sedins need YOU more than you need them.”) and instead chose to stay with the team that gave him his first break in the NHL back in 2005.
    http://blogs.theprovince.com/2012/09...k-sky-rockets/

vCash
    Hahaha epic quote.
    TAKE PRIDE

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12