Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Burrows signs extension

Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie

Alex Burrows' four-year extension with VAN has an AAV of $4.5M.
    TAKE PRIDE

vCash
    I love Burrows, but I think even for what he does with the Sedin boys that is a bit too much.

Also, this may take us out on a Doan deal. I don't know that we can even afford Doan in our cap right now.
    TAKE PRIDE

vCash
    Burrows deal is independent from Doan deal. We can still sign both. I like this deal for the Canucks and Burrows. He certainly deserved a raise from the 2 mil he was making through this year.
    #3in5

<3

^ How I feel about the Colts right about now ^
    “When I was released, a lot of my friends were like, ‘I guess you are probably going to go to the Patriots to play with Tom Brady,’ and I'm like 'you all must not know about that kid down in Indy.’” Andre Johnson said of Andrew Luck

vCash
    I would have said a 3.75 cap hit was perfect for him. 4.5 just seems like a lot. I know he has had a couple really big years now, but it still feels like a ton. I will say though he is a very important asset to our team. He puts up points when he's on the twins line, his defensive aspect of the game is fantastic, he has been a plus player on the +/- scale all but 1 of his 7 seasons. Hard to replace that.
    TAKE PRIDE

vCash
    He scores big goals, kills penalties, he's certainly more valuable than Booth.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/A2xn3WOCUAASqzl.jpg
    #3in5

<3

“When I was released, a lot of my friends were like, ‘I guess you are probably going to go to the Patriots to play with Tom Brady,’ and I'm like 'you all must not know about that kid down in Indy.’” Andre Johnson said of Andrew Luck

vCash
    Yeah, but Booth is severely overpaid lol, so that's irrelevant.
    TAKE PRIDE

vCash
    I'm praying hard for an Edler extension today as well. He will get a hefty cap hit going though. Probably in the 5.5-6 mil range.
    TAKE PRIDE

vCash
    Yeah, but Burrows would have gotten roughly the same if not more if he hit FA.

As w last contract, Burrows still excellent value at $4.5M. Slots with Bieksa, Hamhuis, ahead of Schneider, behind Kesler.
    https://twitter.com/imacVanSun/statu...90262317936640
    #3in5

<3

vCash
    I know. The more I think about, he is worth 4.5, but after he only took the 2 mil hit last extension I was hoping for something under 4 I guess.
    TAKE PRIDE

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueJayFanDan View Post
    I know. The more I think about, he is worth 4.5, but after he only took the 2 mil hit last extension I was hoping for something under 4 I guess.
    Combining his 2 contracts is basically 8 years, 26 mil. 3.25 AAV. It's fair.
    #3in5

<3

vCash
    Yeah, great point. He is such an awesome player. I'm just glad he is staying around.
    TAKE PRIDE

vCash
    We also have Burrows at 2 mil for one more season, so we have an entire year to try to shed some salary (Ballard) which is nice.
    TAKE PRIDE

vCash
    I was hoping for under 4 for him too. This is pricey especially because I don't think he's really distinguished himself enough without the Sedins. I don't see him as much of a threat on his own so this seems costly.

vCash
    At the same time though, he has scored 25+ goals 4 years in a row, which doesn't happen on accident. Also his defensive abilities are fantastic. Burrows brings a lot to the table.
    TAKE PRIDE

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueJayFanDan View Post
    At the same time though, he has scored 25+ goals 4 years in a row, which doesn't happen on accident. Also his defensive abilities are fantastic. Burrows brings a lot to the table.
    He's been with the Sedins for about 4 years too.

I like him a lot, just think that's an overpayment, plus, I just read that he has a full no trade clause. Double ouch.

Does Gillis ever think that he might need to trade some of these guys sometime? Sticking himself with overpaid contracts and no trade clauses?? I don't get it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast