Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

vCash

Burrows signs extension

Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie

Alex Burrows' four-year extension with VAN has an AAV of $4.5M.
    TAKE PRIDE

vCash
    I love Burrows, but I think even for what he does with the Sedin boys that is a bit too much.

Also, this may take us out on a Doan deal. I don't know that we can even afford Doan in our cap right now.
    TAKE PRIDE

vCash
    Burrows deal is independent from Doan deal. We can still sign both. I like this deal for the Canucks and Burrows. He certainly deserved a raise from the 2 mil he was making through this year.
    So Anna, what do you think about the notion that Russell Wilson is better than Andrew Luck?

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck
    "Luck has the most diverse skill set of any NFL quarterback" - Ron Jaworski on Andrew Luck being a top 5 QB

vCash
    I would have said a 3.75 cap hit was perfect for him. 4.5 just seems like a lot. I know he has had a couple really big years now, but it still feels like a ton. I will say though he is a very important asset to our team. He puts up points when he's on the twins line, his defensive aspect of the game is fantastic, he has been a plus player on the +/- scale all but 1 of his 7 seasons. Hard to replace that.
    TAKE PRIDE

vCash
    He scores big goals, kills penalties, he's certainly more valuable than Booth.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/A2xn3WOCUAASqzl.jpg
    So Anna, what do you think about the notion that Russell Wilson is better than Andrew Luck?

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck
    "Luck has the most diverse skill set of any NFL quarterback" - Ron Jaworski on Andrew Luck being a top 5 QB

vCash
    Yeah, but Booth is severely overpaid lol, so that's irrelevant.
    TAKE PRIDE

vCash
    I'm praying hard for an Edler extension today as well. He will get a hefty cap hit going though. Probably in the 5.5-6 mil range.
    TAKE PRIDE

vCash
    Yeah, but Burrows would have gotten roughly the same if not more if he hit FA.

As w last contract, Burrows still excellent value at $4.5M. Slots with Bieksa, Hamhuis, ahead of Schneider, behind Kesler.
    https://twitter.com/imacVanSun/statu...90262317936640

<3

vCash
    I know. The more I think about, he is worth 4.5, but after he only took the 2 mil hit last extension I was hoping for something under 4 I guess.
    TAKE PRIDE

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueJayFanDan View Post
    I know. The more I think about, he is worth 4.5, but after he only took the 2 mil hit last extension I was hoping for something under 4 I guess.
    Combining his 2 contracts is basically 8 years, 26 mil. 3.25 AAV. It's fair.

<3

vCash
    Yeah, great point. He is such an awesome player. I'm just glad he is staying around.
    TAKE PRIDE

vCash
    We also have Burrows at 2 mil for one more season, so we have an entire year to try to shed some salary (Ballard) which is nice.
    TAKE PRIDE

vCash
    I was hoping for under 4 for him too. This is pricey especially because I don't think he's really distinguished himself enough without the Sedins. I don't see him as much of a threat on his own so this seems costly.

vCash
    At the same time though, he has scored 25+ goals 4 years in a row, which doesn't happen on accident. Also his defensive abilities are fantastic. Burrows brings a lot to the table.
    TAKE PRIDE

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueJayFanDan View Post
    At the same time though, he has scored 25+ goals 4 years in a row, which doesn't happen on accident. Also his defensive abilities are fantastic. Burrows brings a lot to the table.
    He's been with the Sedins for about 4 years too.

I like him a lot, just think that's an overpayment, plus, I just read that he has a full no trade clause. Double ouch.

Does Gillis ever think that he might need to trade some of these guys sometime? Sticking himself with overpaid contracts and no trade clauses?? I don't get it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast