Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    vCash
    If Doan was about 5 years younger, I would be heartbroken about him not coming here. But since he is 36, and there is a potential full season lockout, it takes away the sting. Love the team loyalty on his part for sure though. Will say that.
    TAKE PRIDE

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueJayFanDan View Post
    If Doan was about 5 years younger, I would be heartbroken about him not coming here. But since he is 36, and there is a potential full season lockout, it takes away the sting. Love the team loyalty on his part for sure though. Will say that.
    I agree. It would be a pretty proud feeling staying with the same franchise your whole career, with a relocation. The fact he isn't chasing a ring at this point in his career shows what kind of person he is.

vCash
    I hope after we win the Cup the next 2 seasons, Phoenix wins 1, just so Doaner can get one.
    TAKE PRIDE

vCash
    Never thought I'd be so happy to have an impact forward NOT sign here.

My first, and final offer to Doan would have been 1/5 or 2/9, anything more than that just seemed stupid to offer a 36 year old player on the decline.

vCash
    I would have offered big money to Gordie Howe at age 36.

Ya never know, right?
    TAKE PRIDE

vCash
    I would have offered big money to Gordie Howe at age 36.

Ya never know, right?
    Gordie Howe is part owner of the Vancouver Giants, we have the inside track! He can still play! Get him on the phone!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pfeifer View Post
    I agree. It would be a pretty proud feeling staying with the same franchise your whole career, with a relocation. The fact he isn't chasing a ring at this point in his career shows what kind of person he is.
    Quote Originally Posted by carson005 View Post
    Never thought I'd be so happy to have an impact forward NOT sign here.

My first, and final offer to Doan would have been 1/5 or 2/9, anything more than that just seemed stupid to offer a 36 year old player on the decline.
    What you guys said. Have to agree.

I'm kind of relieved.

vCash
    Steamers around still, same with tiger, let's do it lol. I see cliff ronning every once in a while too!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by carson005 View Post
    Gordie Howe is part owner of the Vancouver Giants, we have the inside track! He can still play! Get him on the phone!

I'm hoping Doan and Gordie Howe weren't Gillis' only options!

Seriously, I'm hoping Gillis has other possibilities lined up because this was never going to be the complete solution to the Canucks' scoring and toughness problems.

vCash
    Jason Arnott anyone?
    So Anna, what do you think about the notion that Russell Wilson is better than Andrew Luck?

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck
    "Luck has the most diverse skill set of any NFL quarterback" - Ron Jaworski on Andrew Luck being a top 5 QB

vCash
    Couldn't hurt to sign Arnott. Wonder if he would take something under 2 mil for 1 season? Could be a nice addition while we develop our youngins like Kassian.

Ultimately, I think we have to, and will find our guy in a Luongo trade. Just a matter of who and when. If we give them a little time, maybe Kassian or Jensen turn into a great 2nd liner. Who really knows.
    TAKE PRIDE

vCash
    Couldn't hurt to sign Arnott. Wonder if he would take something under 2 mil for 1 season? Could be a nice addition while we develop our youngins like Kassian.

Ultimately, I think we have to, and will find our guy in a Luongo trade. Just a matter of who and when. If we give them a little time, maybe Kassian or Jensen turn into a great 2nd liner. Who really knows.
    One thing I do know is that some of our prospects are going to be playing actual games soon while NHLers aren't. Should be good for their development. We're lucky in that way that hockey has good development and Euro leagues. They'll be primed and ready to challenge for NHL roster spots.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345