Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sfgiants5518 View Post
    What about Higgins - Kesler - Hansen... and Booth - Schroeder - Doan? Gives us the best 3rd line and obviously a good scoring 2nd line.
    Signing Doan to play on 3rd line? I dunno about that one... I'm sure he expects good ice time if he comes to Vancouver.
    TAKE PRIDE

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueJayFanDan View Post
    Signing Doan to play on 3rd line? I dunno about that one... I'm sure he expects good ice time if he comes to Vancouver.
    Kesler on the 3rd line and Doan on the 2nd line. Besides, here's it's like 2A and 2B. We'd need to limit Kesler's ice time so he stays fresh for the playoffs.
    So Anna, what do you think about the notion that Russell Wilson is better than Andrew Luck?

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck
    "Luck has the most diverse skill set of any NFL quarterback" - Ron Jaworski on Andrew Luck being a top 5 QB

vCash
    What about Higgins - Kesler - Hansen... and Booth - Schroeder - Doan? Gives us the best 3rd line and obviously a good scoring 2nd line.
    Knowing AV we will see all of those combos and more. The problem as always is that we lack snipers on the wings. How about Doan in front of the net deflecting bullets from Garrison.

Burrows doesn't really deserve more than he currently makes if he isn't playing with the twins. But if we give him an extension and a hefty raise, he better be playing with the twins.
    Hope Gillis is listening to you because you nailed it.

vCash
    Kesler on the 3rd line and Doan on the 2nd line. Besides, here's it's like 2A and 2B. We'd need to limit Kesler's ice time so he stays fresh for the playoffs.
    I can definitely see Doan up on the first line in statement games and in playoffs to ride shotgun with the Sedins. That is a lethal PP option, given they have any kind of chemistry of course. That's the gamble here.

vCash
    Doan would play a huge role for us. That's for sure. I hope we get it done. I hope we don't lose a full season of course. I hope he gives us a great shot at a cup.
    TAKE PRIDE

vCash
    Yeah, we're all assuming Doan has already chosen us. Still gotta wait for his decision.
    So Anna, what do you think about the notion that Russell Wilson is better than Andrew Luck?

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck
    "Luck has the most diverse skill set of any NFL quarterback" - Ron Jaworski on Andrew Luck being a top 5 QB

vCash
    We are all spitting out the "if" he signs here, what are we doing stuff.
    TAKE PRIDE

vCash
    Doan would play a huge role for us. That's for sure. I hope we get it done. I hope we don't lose a full season of course. I hope he gives us a great shot at a cup.
    It would suck to sign him and then lose the season. So many core players on this team need to play this year if they have a shot at a Cup.

vCash
    We are all spitting out the "if" he signs here, what are we doing stuff.
    I'm with Pfeifer on this one, not holding my breath. It would be great for once to get the choice free agent though.

vCash
    Yeah, this team is definitely getting older ink. Could be one of our last years to really compete. And so far, our long term prospect team doesn't look overly effective. Schroeder, Jensen, Gaunce, Kassian, Friesen, Connauton. No real superstar looking guys there. Who knows what will become of the team in a few years.
    TAKE PRIDE

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ink View Post
    I'm with Pfeifer on this one, not holding my breath. It would be great for once to get the choice free agent though.
    Doan has dragged this thing out for so long to see if Phoenix could fix management issues, and they haven't been resolved. I feel like that was among his big concerns, and if it hasn't been fixed, I just don't know if I see him signing after waiting so long and pretending like it isn't important to him.
    TAKE PRIDE

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ink View Post
    You have no idea how disappointed I was when Schultz signed with Edmonton. But, I'll be 10x more disappointed if Doan doesn't sign with us. He was the guy I've coveted since FA began.

<3

vCash
    You have no idea how disappointed I was when Schultz signed with Edmonton. But, I'll be 10x more disappointed if Doan doesn't sign with us. He was the guy I've coveted since FA began.
    Yeah, I'm definitely thinking of Schultz when I try to keep my hopes in check about Doan.

As usual I don't think Doan is going to be the answer lol, but at least he brings something different, he brings power. He's not just another failed offensive recruit (thinking of Booth here), and he might create space for some of the players we have to actually work in.

vCash
    Doan has dragged this thing out for so long to see if Phoenix could fix management issues, and they haven't been resolved. I feel like that was among his big concerns, and if it hasn't been fixed, I just don't know if I see him signing after waiting so long and pretending like it isn't important to him.
    He's a lifer with the Jets/Coyotes right? So it's a big move for him. Hopefully his decision is based on the chance of winning and not just on sentiment. I know the Coyotes went deeper in the playoffs last year but there's no reason to expect Vancouver to exit in the first round again. He would have some premium talent to play with here. And how could the front office not be better than an NHL-run team in a place where hockey doesn't even belong?

vCash
    It'll be interesting to see if Doan sticks with his plan, that if the Coyotes issues aren't ironed out by his deadline (2 hours from now), will he sign with the Canucks? Or will he give another deadline? Or will he change his mind and stick with the Coyotes through thick and thin? Until there's news that he's now a Canuck, I'm trying not to get my hopes up too high. I'm not sure his heart is in it, to join another team.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast