Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Final Doan update: Shane Doan chooses Phoenix over Vancouver (re-signs for 4 years)

It is down two - Phoenix and Vancouver. Coyotes Captain Shane Doan will sign a contract deciding where he will play by 5 pm NY time Friday
    https://twitter.com/Gambo620/status/246466804342476801

Get ready!
    2014 Indianapolis Colts: Let's Hunt

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck
    "Luck has the most diverse skill set of any NFL quarterback" - Ron Jaworski on Andrew Luck being a top 5 QB

vCash
    I'm pumped. I love Doan. Hoping for something good!
    TAKE PRIDE

vCash
    This is like Christmas! Well, better than that, I don't have to visit the mall.

I'll be keeping a close eye on developments, I can't see the Coyotes getting their issues sorted out in the next several hours.

Strange to say, but I think we sign Doan and then Gillis trades Burrows. Lu stays a Canuck until the trade deadline after the All-Star break (if there's a season). Burrows is due for a big raise and I'm not sure him and the Canucks will agree on the term and salary. Something's gotta give. Just a hunch.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NUCK-U View Post

I'll be keeping a close eye on developments, I can't see the Coyotes getting their issues sorted out in the next several hours.

Strange to say, but I think we sign Doan and then Gillis trades Burrows. Lu stays a Canuck until the trade deadline after the All-Star break (if there's a season). Burrows is due for a big raise and I'm not sure him and the Canucks will agree on the term and salary. Something's gotta give. Just a hunch.
    So you're seeing Doan on the top line with the Sedins and not on the second line with Kesler? I can see him on the PP, especially while Kesler is out, but I think we still need Burrows on the top line.

vCash
    If we get him I hope it's a good deal. I know he will help the team, no doubt about that.

vCash
    I just can't see him signing here. Canucks always seem to get left behind.

vCash
    Decision in less than 2 hours.

Bross says Doan willing to take less in VAN bcoss he loves the front office - calls them 1st class.

Bross says #Canucks offer to Doan is good but it doesn't knock your socks off bcoss VAN has cap issues.

Update - Shane Doan's agent tells CKWX that he wants to make the announcement decision in 3 hours.
    -News1130Sports

Let's go Doaner!

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck
    "Luck has the most diverse skill set of any NFL quarterback" - Ron Jaworski on Andrew Luck being a top 5 QB

vCash

It would be really counterproductive to sign Doan, than trade Burrows. We NEED a top 6 forward. Why would we sign one, and trade another? That puts us back where we are at now. Maybe worse off since Burrows is far younger, and would likely be cheaper long term. If Burrows is going to leave, I would rather he walk after we try to make a Cup run, rather than trade him and hurt our chances. I really hope regardless of what happens we can fit Edler and Burrows under the cap long term. Two huge parts to this team.
    TAKE PRIDE

vCash
    sfgiants, sounds promising, only a few hours away from anouncement time. What concerns me is this may be Doan playing a game of leverage, as if to say "if the Coyotes don't commit to staying in Phoeinx, then I'm going elsewhere". Then adding fuel by saying the Canucks have a 1st class front office. Kind of a jab towards the Coyotes management. Must be discouraging for him, to want to play in Phoenix, but they're so dysfunctional and tough to sell the game there.

I like Doan a lot, think he's a classy guy on and off the ice, a real team player. Would be a great benefit for the younger guys coming up (Kassian etc). You know he'll give it his all if he plays for the Canucks, he's running out of time to win that Cup. I can almost see Hank giving the Cup to Daniel, then Daniel, handing it off to Doan. (huge roar of the crowd)

vCash
    Botchford said signing Doan has no effect on Burrows.

<3

vCash
    (regarding the Cup celebration) - perhaps I'm getting ahead of myself. Okay, I am.

I just know that Burrows is asking for a hefty raise and a long term. We still have Lu's salary, as well as Ballard's, Edler's going to get a nice raise too. And now Gillis might be signing Doan, probably for $6 million a year. Wondering, where is all this money coming from? How can Gillis manage this and keep the team under the cap? Something's gotta give.

But, I do believe Gillis is a very saavy GM, and he has a plan.

vCash
    (regarding the Cup celebration) - perhaps I'm getting ahead of myself. Okay, I am.

I just know that Burrows is asking for a hefty raise and a long term. We still have Lu's salary, as well as Ballard's, Edler's going to get a nice raise too. And now Gillis might be signing Doan, probably for $6 million a year. Wondering, where is all this money coming from? How can Gillis manage this and keep the team under the cap? Something's gotta give.

But, I do believe Gillis is a very saavy GM, and he has a plan.
    Burrows is seeking 2-2.5 mil in raise. I wouldn't call that unmanageable.

<3

vCash
    NUCK-U, I think we'll keep Burrows regardless but I do think that Burrows is less effective when he's not with the twins. He's very good with the Sedins but it definitely inflates his abilities. By himself he is quite an ordinary 3rd liner. It's his hands and timing that allow him to play so well with Henrik and Daniel. Without them you don't see much from him.

So I'm hoping to see a power line of Booth-Kesler-Doan. Still not the best scoring line but capable of wreaking havoc. Something these Canucks haven't ever been known for.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ink View Post
    NUCK-U, I think we'll keep Burrows regardless but I do think that Burrows is less effective when he's not with the twins. He's very good with the Sedins but it definitely inflates his abilities. By himself he is quite an ordinary 3rd liner. It's his hands and timing that allow him to play so well with Henrik and Daniel. Without them you don't see much from him.

So I'm hoping to see a power line of Booth-Kesler-Doan. Still not the best scoring line but capable of wreaking havoc. Something these Canucks haven't ever been known for.
    What about Higgins - Kesler - Hansen... and Booth - Schroeder - Doan? Gives us the best 3rd line and obviously a good scoring 2nd line.

<3

vCash
    Burrows doesn't really deserve more than he currently makes if he isn't playing with the twins. But if we give him an extension and a hefty raise, he better be playing with the twins.
    TAKE PRIDE

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast