Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Mlb umpires are they screened for betting?

Obviously my tag says it all, but i am curious to how the mlb does this... baseball is full of cheaters. Also, does anyone of any information, about fans suing the mlb overstuff like this? Or does a city sue for damages and loss of income? Cuz this call just doesn't ruin a season, but hurts atlanta economically as well too.

The call was ****** and dumb, but only a ****** would think these guys bet on the game.

oh god

Why no mention about the blown call that gave the Braves two runs?

Great Question.

Yes, Atlanta is currently in the process of suing the Major League Umpires Association for damages. The whole crew will be fired immediately and forced to attend a public stoning where Braves fans and players can take turns beating the **** out of them and their families. Not only are they considering stripping St. Louis of the win but taking draft picks the following year as well.

Hold your breath for updates..

Quote Originally Posted by Texas Holders View Post
    Why no mention about the blown call that gave the Braves two runs?
    It wasn't a blown call, the timeout was called BEFORE the swing of Ross, not the same thing happen on that "infield fly" when the umpire called it AFTER the SS lost the ball.

Quote Originally Posted by beldugo View Post
    It wasn't a blown call, the timeout was called BEFORE the swing of Ross, not the same thing happen on that "infield fly" when the umpire called it AFTER the SS lost the ball.
    Actually, the blown call was granting time. It was too late to grant time in that situation.

From the official rules:

Umpires will not call “Time” at the request of the batter or any member of his team once the pitcher has started his windup or has come to a set position even though the batter claims “dust in his eyes,” “steamed glasses,” “didn’t get the sign” or for any other cause.

Well, at least Braves fans are not growing more and more ridiculous.

"There's no better public education than teaching kids that they should have been born to a parent who could afford their cancer treatments." - @LOLGOP

Quote Originally Posted by natepro View Post

i don't think any of u answered the question.... baseball has the worst legacy for cheaters. i don't doubt it.

Quote Originally Posted by Atl Bill View Post
    i don't think any of u answered the question.... baseball has the worst legacy for cheaters. i don't doubt it.
    The answer is no, and it is a ridiculous thought. It was a bad call, plain and simple.

Quote Originally Posted by natepro View Post
    Please don't lump us all into the group based on a few idiots. I think most of us realize that call is not what lost us the game. It was the 3 errors, Simmons' bunt, & leaving 12 men on base. What upset me about that infield fly call (and I assume most other fans too) was that it destroyed a huge opportunity to get back into the game. Yeah we had runners on in the 9th and could've scored then, but it was just a very frustrating situation. Couple that with the fact it was a one game playoff it makes it even worse.

Quote Originally Posted by NYKnicksAllDay View Post
    Please don't lump us all into the group based on a few idiots. I think most of us realize that call is not what lost us the game. It was the 3 errors, Simmons' bunt, & leaving 12 men on base. What upset me about that infield fly call (and I assume most other fans too) was that it destroyed a huge opportunity to get back into the game. Yeah we had runners on in the 9th and could've scored then, but it was just a very frustrating situation. Couple that with the fact it was a one game playoff it makes it even worse.
    Well said and is consistent with the posts on the Braves forum. I've been lurking there a little.

It seems many of the disparaging comments have come from some Yankee fans. Maybe their a little nervous knowing that the Cardinals may be coming for them. LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by Atl Bill View Post
    Obviously my tag says it all, but i am curious to how the mlb does this... baseball is full of cheaters. Also, does anyone of any information, about fans suing the mlb overstuff like this? Or does a city sue for damages and loss of income? Cuz this call just doesn't ruin a season, but hurts atlanta economically as well too.
    Would you like a tissue ?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast