Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 16 of 43 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Iansnightout View Post
    He's leading TDs among rookies , top ten in the league in TD and the 11th QB rating.

Yep. Overrated.
    Stats hardly tell the story. If you're trying to say he's the best rookie and among the top 10 QB's then yes, he is overrated.
    When I asked how a Manziel fan could bash Bridgewater's size.

Quote Originally Posted by flgatorsandjags View Post
    Manziel is shorter than Teddy but he has size 15 feet
    Yeah...it's that bad.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NateyB24 View Post
    Shhhh he isn't going to be in the league within a year and he sucks.

In all seriousness the ones doubting him are just haters i mean seriously "Yea well he only put up 160 yards so he must suck"

We can speak in all seriousness. Then you don't take shots to dumb down every argument.

Real talk.

He throws the ball the least per game in the league. He's not asked to do as much as most every other QB.

Most of his impact has been his ability to throw it deep. And he is strong there. But that's because they run so effectively that they lull them to sleep and get that hard PA bite and he hits it. Props there but.....

He lacks the ability to be a timing passer (speaking right now not ever). The ability to make quick reads on the fly. The ability to get through a progression naturally and efficiently. His QB acumen is limited. He's more sandlot than any other QB in the league right now. He's more one read and run than basically ever single QB.

He plays well within the framework of what they want. But that doesn't mean he's great because he has some TD's and some wins. You watch him, then you watch Luck.....or better yet. The real top 10 guys who truly know how to quarterback in this league, it's not really close.

That being said, he can improve. But right now most of his hype seems to be based purely off future potential and not the reality of what he is at this moment.

Yeah...it's that bad.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    Am i the only 1 who doesn't get the Russel Wilson hype?
    It's purely Seahawk fans. You can find Luck fans who aren't Colts fans. You can find RGIII fans. You can even find Tannehill fans now (I am one). You find almost zero non Seattle fans. That's all I need to know.

Yeah...it's that bad.

vCash
    whats it like to have the greatest QB ever?

NFL DPOY!
    Robert Quinn
    Sack Total: 18 Forced Fumbles: 7 Touchdowns: 1

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeDirt05 View Post
    whats it like to have the greatest QB ever?
    I don't know apparently he is on the bench.

Quote Originally Posted by NormSizedMidget View Post
    We can speak in all seriousness. Then you don't take shots to dumb down every argument.

Real talk.

He throws the ball the least per game in the league. He's not asked to do as much as most every other QB.

Most of his impact has been his ability to throw it deep. And he is strong there. But that's because they run so effectively that they lull them to sleep and get that hard PA bite and he hits it. Props there but.....

He lacks the ability to be a timing passer (speaking right now not ever). The ability to make quick reads on the fly. The ability to get through a progression naturally and efficiently. His QB acumen is limited. He's more sandlot than any other QB in the league right now. He's more one read and run than basically ever single QB.

He plays well within the framework of what they want. But that doesn't mean he's great because he has some TD's and some wins. You watch him, then you watch Luck.....or better yet. The real top 10 guys who truly know how to quarterback in this league, it's not really close.

That being said, he can improve. But right now most of his hype seems to be based purely off future potential and not the reality of what he is at this moment.
    This makes me think you have not watched him his eyes are always down the field to throw even before he crosses the line of scrimmage.

If thats not the case then your Flynn homerisim is really showing because on that Rice TD pass he made more then 1 read and waited for Rice to get open.
    Last edited by NateyB24; 11-05-2012 at 07:48 PM.

vCash
    I don't know apparently he is on the bench.
    Well done. You wanted to be serious but you ignore my serious post to troll.

This is a football board. Let's talk football for once and stop making childish jokes and practicing our stand up routine.

Yeah...it's that bad.

vCash
    It's purely Seahawk fans. You can find Luck fans who aren't Colts fans. You can find RGIII fans. You can even find Tannehill fans now (I am one). You find almost zero non Seattle fans. That's all I need to know.
    Oh no ESPN and it's legion don't like Wilson, let's just cut him now.

vCash
    Well done. You wanted to be serious but you ignore my serious post to troll.

This is a football board. Let's talk football for once and stop making childish jokes and practicing our stand up routine.
    I am just pointing out your biasedness you have always been anti Wilson ever since Flynn hasn't been picked.

You were also calling Seahawk fans Wilson homers so look whos calling the kettle black.

vCash
    This makes me think you have not watched him his eyes are always down the field to throw even before he crosses the line of scrimmage.

If thats not the case then your Flynn homerisim is really showing because on that Rice TD pass he made more then 1 read and waited for Rice to get open.
    Well then, no disrespect intended, I don't think you know how to watch football or the quarterback position because what I said is pretty valid.

Having your eyes down the field doesn't mean you are a timing passer or you can get through your progressions. It doesn't mean he sees and understands the keys pre or post either. What you said doesn't really discount what I said at all.

And you had to go to the 2nd most common way to discount an outsider's opinion. "You haven't watched him" then you basically called me a homer afterwards.

All in all, you went to low blows, assumptions, and accused bias. While not even knowing how to correctly counter my criticism.

FYI, saying he's not a timing passer or is one read and run, or can't drop through a progression. Doesn't mean he CAN'T at all. It means it's a weakness. I'm not at all saying he can never go through more than one read. He just can't consistently read keys pre and post and get through his progression fast enough. At times he seems almost unwilling to sit in there and go through his reads.

Yeah...it's that bad.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by alexander_37 View Post
    Oh no ESPN and it's legion don't like Wilson, let's just cut him now.
    I really haven't seen ESPN get on him and Kiper Jr. actually changed his mind about him.

vCash
    I am just pointing out your biasedness you have always been anti Wilson ever since Flynn hasn't been picked.

You were also calling Seahawk fans Wilson homers so look whos calling the kettle black.
    Because I think Flynn should have started and is a better QB for the Seahawks right now doesn't mean I can't speak honestly about Wilson or Flynn.

Yeah...it's that bad.

vCash
    I really haven't seen ESPN get on him and Kiper Jr. actually changed his mind about him.
    As for your sig, I'm pretty proud to have people read that. I think it's a pretty accurate analysis that nobody seems to be willing to say.

Here's my in February on Wilson before you guys swooned over him because he was on your team.

Russell Wilson on the other hand, has been productive even on poor teams like when he was at NC State. Is a plus athlete, has a plus arm, has plus decision making and read ability. His offense really helped him out being so strong in the run game but he did what he always need to do. His arm really wow'd me and was better than I ever really thought it was. I didn't think he had that in him. If this kid is 6 2 or 6 3 that's a first rounder, no doubt in my mind. The dude's freshman year he threw 17 TDs to 1 INT. He's just got command and moxy for miles. He ran those Senior Bowl practices like a boss. When he was out of the practices he was mimicking the QB in the game, making the adjustments and calls and going through the play on the sidelines. Just have to love that kid. Got about everything you want (not at an elite level but all very good) except that height. It's a damn shame.

We've had our run ins before but if you really think Keenum is a superior prospect to Wilson I don't know what to tell you.

I'd run with Wilson and hope he can play like a Brees has had to, you could roll the pocket more with this kid and move him around to give him better looks because he's a superior athlete. I don't think he's Drew Brees don't get me wrong but his ceiling destroys Keenum's IMO and his floor is a lean on Case too.
    So.....then after the preseason I heard all these things endlessly. I like the kid but he's not the best QB on that roster and he can't read NFL defenses or pass on a 3 or a 5 at any real level right now.

Yeah...it's that bad.

vCash
    Well then, no disrespect intended, I don't think you know how to watch football or the quarterback position because what I said is pretty valid.

Having your eyes down the field doesn't mean you are a timing passer or you can get through your progressions. It doesn't mean he sees and understands the keys pre or post either. What you said doesn't really discount what I said at all.

And you had to go to the 2nd most common way to discount an outsider's opinion. "You haven't watched him" then you basically called me a homer afterwards.

All in all, you went to low blows, assumptions, and accused bias. While not even knowing how to correctly counter my criticism.

FYI, saying he's not a timing passer or is one read and run, or can't drop through a progression. Doesn't mean he CAN'T at all. It means it's a weakness. I'm not at all saying he can never go through more than one read. He just can't consistently read keys pre and post and get through his progression fast enough. At times he seems almost unwilling to sit in there and go through his reads.
    Before last week 8 of his 10 TD's were in the pocket.

Ill give you the timing one though. Watching Hasselbeck for so long kind leaves you sour on guys like Jackson and Wilson. Hasselbeck always seemed to have the ball in the right spot at the right time on those short passes to the point where you expect it now. Wilson doesn't have that yet.

But one read and run is a LITTLE bit of an exaggeration. Most of the time when he escapes the pocket it's due to pressure and the last 4 weeks or so he has been right. No more of that I think there is a guy there when really there isn't and running into his lineman. This has by far been his biggest improvement, sensing pressure.

vCash

Ill give you the timing one though. Watching Hasselbeck for so long kind leaves you sour on guys like Jackson and Wilson. Hasselbeck always seemed to have the ball in the right spot at the right time on those short passes to the point where you expect it now. Wilson doesn't have that yet.

But one read and run is a LITTLE bit of an exaggeration. Most of the time when he escapes the pocket it's due to pressure and the last 4 weeks or so he has been right. No more of that I think there is a guy there when really there isn't and running into his lineman. This has by far been his biggest improvement, sensing pressure.
    Wilson doesn't make just one read he surveys the field when he has time even when he is having to move due to pressure.

vCash
    And most were PA hits where he flung it up after they bit. That's not dropping through reads.
    And that's not a huge deal. It will come. I'm simply pointing it out.
    He's been a lot better lately. I won't argue that. His feel in the pocket is getting better and he doesn't roll right as often. It was a lot more the first half or so. He IS improving. For sure.

Yeah...it's that bad.

Page 16 of 43 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast