Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 43 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Gibby23 View Post
    He looked ok today.. Look out for the Hawks folks, they are making the playoffs..
    Haha, whatever man. Just admit you were wrong and get out of here if you're just here to talk some more ****.

Andrew Luck, Robert Griffin III, and Colin Kaepernick walk into a bar... To watch Russell Wilson win the Super Bowl.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by baller101200 View Post
    Haha, whatever man. Just admit you were wrong and get out of here if you're just here to talk some more ****.
    Im serious... I was impressed with the whole team today. Once he gets alittle better it could be game over. The Niners and Hawks could mirror each other. Great D and special teams, and running game.

vCash
    Lol now the guy is an average joe like marc sanchez and will never be elite. Where is Gruden at when you need him.

Norcal transplant on central Oregon Coast
    vCash
    Haha, true. I'll admit I was a doubter of Smith, but literally nothing bad can be said about him thus far; he's been great.

But yeah, I don't know how some of you can say he was unimpressive. He was accurate, decisive, and a perfect game manager. The rating speaks for itself, Wilson was very impressive today.
    The whole point is to win the game. Fantasy football has skewed people's views on players, especially qbs. What dumbass coach is going to throw it 45 times a game with a top notch defense and running game? One that gets fired fast.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OREcoast49er View Post
    The whole point is to win the game. Fantasy football has skewed people's views on players, especially qbs. What dumbass coach is going to throw it 45 times a game with a top notch defense and running game? One that gets fired fast.
    This. Oh you no get 300yd 4TD you no good

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Gibby23 View Post
    Im serious... I was impressed with the whole team today. Once he gets alittle better it could be game over. The Niners and Hawks could mirror each other. Great D and special teams, and running game.
    Fair enough, I agree.

Andrew Luck, Robert Griffin III, and Colin Kaepernick walk into a bar... To watch Russell Wilson win the Super Bowl.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OREcoast49er View Post
    Exactly... It's funny that I'm hoping my team becomes the team I hate the most in the NFL. I hate the 49ers and the Steelers, but my Hawks are becoming mirror images, or at least on their way to it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ********** View Post
    I don't think CSSTL is saying he's awful. He's saying he did well enough to get the W and that's 100% true.
    Quote Originally Posted by ********** View Post
    So if you go 11 of 15 for 114 yards that's still impressive because it's a 7.6 average? All Wilson did today was do his job and get the W. His performance was nothing all that special. Roethlisberger did a lot of this his rookie year and while people were drooling all over him I laughed because it wasn't him that got the Steelers the 13 wins. It was the defense and running game. Sounds like a similar situation. The way a couple Seahawks fans act about Wilson is pretty much the same as some Jets fans with Sanchez. They're average at best but nothing spectacular or impressive. I like Wilson a lot, hope he's successful and can put up some solid 300 yard 3/4 TD days to put some doubters to bed but he as been nothing more than a solid enough performer that has kept his team in a position to win games.
    ****** gets it

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FortDetroit View Post
    Yep. That whole division actually is pretty good defensively with the Niners obviously as the cream of the crop.
    Not St Louis. Their defense is still crap.

vCash
    it's his 2nd ****ing game

vCash
    relative to what people thought he would do, and like the one guy said -against that improved dallas defense and missing okung, i think it was pretty impressive

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ColtsSpursTerps View Post
    relative to what people thought he would do, and like the one guy said -against that improved dallas defense and missing okung, i think it was pretty impressive
    This. It's too early to know so far, but any team that can get that kind of performance out of a 3rd-round pick in his 2nd start has got to be pretty pleased. He did what he needed to do to win. Let's see if he can do the same a whole lot more.
    I'm going to list ALEC in credits as associate producer of creating horrifying things for us to talk about -John Oliver

People who think the least powerful members of society are responsible for most of its problems are deluded, at best.

vCash
    He looked like crap at first, but really settled down in the second half. Looked like a 5 year pro in the second half. Just already great at his decision making.

vCash
    11-15 is less impressive, but isn't bad at all. 19-25 is a little more impressive because he sustained it on more passes. But you can't punish him for not getting to pass the ball. He did everything he was asked to do, and did it well. 112 QBR.

Like the others said, not everyone gets 300 yards all the time. You can't expect him to get 200+ yards when he only throws it 20 times. Is that what you need to see? 10 YPA? That's not impressive, that is crazy good and unsustainable. He isn't going to be a huge big play guy in this offense. Efficient, with a good YPA.

Think about how lame our pass plays are. To get 7.6 per when we throw to the TEs and screens as much as we do is solid.

Dude has to do more than anyone else to prove himself. it was his fault when we lost last week, but he doesnt get credit for when he plays well? C'mon guys.
    Last edited by jej; 09-17-2012 at 11:08 AM.

Norcal transplant on central Oregon Coast
    vCash
    Exactly... It's funny that I'm hoping my team becomes the team I hate the most in the NFL. I hate the 49ers and the Steelers, but my Hawks are becoming mirror images, or at least on their way to it.
    Winning is winning. Doesn't matter how you do it.

Page 4 of 43 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast