Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 43 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    vCash
    He played great. Yards aren't what you need to look at. Comp % and YPA. Yards are dependent in how much you throw. He only got to throw 20 times, and competed 15 of em. That's great.
    You have no idea how excited I am right now.

vCash
    Honestly, we need him to be the Alex Smith of our team. Game manager who minimizes mistakes and turnovers. Our defense and special teams is good enough to win us games.

Andrew Luck, Robert Griffin III, and Colin Kaepernick walk into a bar... To watch Russell Wilson win the Super Bowl.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by alexander_37 View Post
    Bad? He threw a 75% completion rate, with a TD, 112 qb rating, and no picks.... Sorry they didn't run up the score to impress you more. Do you not realize this is a 3rd round rookie who went up against an "improved" Cowboy defense with DAMARCUS WARE and no starting left tackle.
    I'm not saying hes bad but come on 150 yards with 7.6 yard avg? I'm a wisconsin fan but the numbers aren't mind blowing. I said he got the dub but its not like he was impressive.

vCash
    7.6 avg is not bad at all. Not spectacular, but our offense is built around running and short passes. 7.6 was Staffords last year, and he threw for a ton of yards.

You are just looking for excuses now. He was efficient, smart, and effective.

75%, an average YPA, no picks. That's pretty impressive to most people, especially for someone who is "short and was a 3rd rounder"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jej View Post
    7.6 avg is not bad at all. Not spectacular, but our offense is built around running and short passes. 7.6 was Staffords last year, and he threw for a ton of yards.

You are just looking for excuses now. He was efficient, smart, and effective.

75%, an average YPA, no picks. That's pretty impressive to most people, especially for someone who is "short and was a 3rd rounder"
    Well stafford threw more passes than anyone in the NFL so thats a terrible argument. I'm a wisconsin fan and I loved him wanted him to get a chance to start but like I said hes a game manager. Not gonna go out and win a game offensively. Hes not bad. Why are people getting upset about that?

vCash
    I don't think CSSTL is saying he's awful. He's saying he did well enough to get the W and that's 100% true.

vCash
    But he said he wasn't impressive, and he was. You can't fault him for not getting opportunities to pass.

vCash
    It's not a terrible argument. Saying 7.6 isnt impressive is terrible. Only 10 QBs last year had more last year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jej View Post
    It's not a terrible argument. Saying 7.6 isnt impressive is terrible. Only 10 QBs last year had more last year.
    So if you go 11 of 15 for 114 yards that's still impressive because it's a 7.6 average? All Wilson did today was do his job and get the W. His performance was nothing all that special. Roethlisberger did a lot of this his rookie year and while people were drooling all over him I laughed because it wasn't him that got the Steelers the 13 wins. It was the defense and running game. Sounds like a similar situation. The way a couple Seahawks fans act about Wilson is pretty much the same as some Jets fans with Sanchez. They're average at best but nothing spectacular or impressive. I like Wilson a lot, hope he's successful and can put up some solid 300 yard 3/4 TD days to put some doubters to bed but he as been nothing more than a solid enough performer that has kept his team in a position to win games.

Norcal transplant on central Oregon Coast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by baller101200 View Post
    Honestly, we need him to be the Alex Smith of our team. Game manager who minimizes mistakes and turnovers. Our defense and special teams is good enough to win us games.
    Haha, I was actually going to post something similar. But if it happens, get used to these threads!!!

vCash
    Lol if he puts up a 112 qbr every game I can live with unimpressive.

Norcal transplant on central Oregon Coast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by alexander_37 View Post
    Lol if he puts up a 112 qbr every game I can live with unimpressive.
    That's considered "game managing" so you know.

How bout our division today. No longer NFC worst

vCash
    Looks like Gibbs was right 42 10 Cowboys win. Seahawks are the worst team ever GG WP.

vCash
    He looked ok today.. Look out for the Hawks folks, they are making the playoffs..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OREcoast49er View Post
    Haha, I was actually going to post something similar. But if it happens, get used to these threads!!!
    Haha, true. I'll admit I was a doubter of Smith, but literally nothing bad can be said about him thus far; he's been great.

But yeah, I don't know how some of you can say he was unimpressive. He was accurate, decisive, and a perfect game manager. The rating speaks for itself, Wilson was very impressive today.

Andrew Luck, Robert Griffin III, and Colin Kaepernick walk into a bar... To watch Russell Wilson win the Super Bowl.

Page 3 of 43 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast