Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Sick & Tired

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Thumper 88 View Post
    This is what i did.

I was 5'8" 202 the beginning of January
    I was never fat growing up, I was the opposite very skinny with no muscle. So I naturally have a fast working metabolism even though it did slow down a hair around my 27th birthday so I think having that did help me lose my weight a little faster. I was about 28 1/2 when I started this diet/exercise.

I immediately cut my daily calorie intake down to 1300 or less. This was hard and it took me about a week to do so. I was able to make changes to what I eat for example: instead of whole milk I switched to 0% it still has all the protein just no fat a low calories, fat free cream cheese and others fat free items.

We don't make much money so it was a little tricky for me because health food can get really expensive so if you want to spend extra go for it. It will help you faster.

I get up at 4:30 and eat my bagel with fat free cream cheese at 5:00

Then at 7:30 I would eat my cheerios or multi grain cheerios with fat free milk.

I would eat my lunch at 10:30 so if you get hungry before then eat a banana or roasted almonds is a good one.

For lunch I would either take left overs from dinner or make a sandwich with low fat mayo fat free cheese if you could afford it and chicken/tuna/turkey with whole wheat bread. You can do what ever you want for lunch just as long as you meet your calorie goal. I would also take 3 sticks of celery half a cucumber and you ranch light to dip it in. With the ranch light I would mix it 50-50 with water to lessen the amount of intake. Then take a cup or two of fruit. So after that's all done I would take my lunch and split it in half, eat half at 10:30 and the other half at 1:45 ish.

Then I would go to the gym at 3:30 and do at least 40 minutes of cardio then abs every other day

Eat dinner around 5:30

Chicken/fish with green beans or any kind of dark green veggie

That was my basic diet plan that stayed the same throughout the 5-6 weeks. what I did change was my workout routine.

After two weeks of cardio I did
    15 minutes cardio then I did the weight circuit 1x then back to cardio for another 30 minutes I did that for one week.

The next week was the same only I did the circuit 2x. The reasoning for doing the circuit was because I knew I was going to get back in the weight room so I wanted to slowly train my muscles again.

The following week I did the same only instead of circuit I got into the weight room and went light I did that for about one month. After all that I have been 100% weight room.

I know that routine is probably not the best way or the easiest way but it worked for me.

I was in your position hearing all these crazy things I have to do to lose my weight so what I did was I took a little bit from everyone's ideas threw them together and came out with that plan.
    great insight... thanks.... i'll post my results in the next couple of weeks.
    Thanks again

My AAL 2015 ProBowler: DeAndre Levy #54 132 tackles / 2.5 sacks / 1 safety / 1 amazing int
    click here to join the Lions Forum
    Lions Forum: 5 Time OTT Winner#1,#6,#10,#12 & #14
    2014 PSD MOD SURVIVAL GAME WINNER!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    Lffs is the master at going from goofball to boss

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by goldglove212 View Post
    You were a cop?
    nah, i got a spiral fracture in my hand 3 days before my academy start date. My sergeant said i would have to wait for medical clearance before i could go in. During that time the state had a hiring freeze and my app fell off. I would have had to start the whole process again.
    Decided against it.

My AAL 2015 ProBowler: DeAndre Levy #54 132 tackles / 2.5 sacks / 1 safety / 1 amazing int

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Stamina View Post
    Got Demons?
    is one protein shake better than another? any suggestions?

vCash
    i know i know
    post padding

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lionsfanfromsac View Post
    I personally use http://www.amazon.com/Optimum-Nutrit.../dp/B000QSNYGI

Tastes awesome (the double rich chocolate does, at least), and it's not too expensive. I ended up choosing a 100% whey protein after reading about a controversial study where the researcher came to the conclusion that animal protein, aka casein, could increase your risk for cancer. I know there are posters on here who disagree with it, but personally, I figure that the relatively small benefits given by casein vs. whey protein aren't worth it if there's even a chance that casein could increase my risk for cancer. But take that with a grain of salt.

Also, I used the insanity workout program and dropped about 15 pounds in two months, from 182-167 (and I'm a hair under 6'2, so relatively I lost quite a bit of weight). I'd definitely recommend it if your #1 goal is lose weight, and your secondary goal is add muscle. If it's the reverse, I'd look elsewhere.

vCash
    I use the same one only I get the 10 lb bag. The cost of each serving goes down.

New York Yankees

Dallas Mavericks

New Jersey Devils
    Seattle Seahawks
    HW: Brock "The White Gorilla"Lesnar
    MW: Lyoto "The Dragon" Machida
    WW: Jonny "BIGG RIGG" hendricks
    LW: Nate Diaz
    FLW: John "The Magician" Dodson
    Dale Earnhardt Jr.
    Favorite Athletes: Dirk Nowitzki, Brock Lesnar & Lyoto Machida

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymfan87 View Post
    I personally use http://www.amazon.com/Optimum-Nutrit.../dp/B000QSNYGI

Tastes awesome (the double rich chocolate does, at least), and it's not too expensive. I ended up choosing a 100% whey protein after reading about a controversial study where the researcher came to the conclusion that animal protein, aka casein, could increase your risk for cancer. I know there are posters on here who disagree with it, but personally, I figure that the relatively small benefits given by casein vs. whey protein aren't worth it if there's even a chance that casein could increase my risk for cancer. But take that with a grain of salt.

Also, I used the insanity workout program and dropped about 15 pounds in two months, from 182-167 (and I'm a hair under 6'2, so relatively I lost quite a bit of weight). I'd definitely recommend it if your #1 goal is lose weight, and your secondary goal is add muscle. If it's the reverse, I'd look elsewhere.
    That's a small risk increase WHEN YOU ARE EXPOSED TO HEAVY CARCINOGENS. That's like saying I don't want to buy this book because if my house catches fire it will burn down quicker.

Also Casien is made from milk..... Not to mention casein is derived from the Latin word for cheese.

vCash
    Lol

New York Yankees

Dallas Mavericks

New Jersey Devils
    Seattle Seahawks
    Dale Earnhardt Jr.

vCash
    I like this

http://www.supplementwarehouse.com/v...product=198228

It's one of the cheaper proteins and still tastes pretty decent. I've had the banana nut flavor as well and it is really good.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by alexander_37 View Post
    That's a small risk increase WHEN YOU ARE EXPOSED TO HEAVY CARCINOGENS. That's like saying I don't want to buy this book because if my house catches fire it will burn down quicker.

Also Casien is made from milk..... Not to mention casein is derived from the Latin word for cheese.
    If you want to **** around with cancer, be my guest. Like I said, the advantages over a 100% whey protein just aren't there for me to risk it. It's like if someone offered you $2, but accepting that $2 had a 0.000001% chance of killing you. I really don't care if you disagree. Carcinogens are everywhere in today's world.
    Last edited by Nymfan87; 09-15-2012 at 12:00 AM.

vCash
    http://www.calorieking.com/

http://www.healthstatus.com/calculate/cbc

these two sites helped me go from a 250lbs tub of goo to 201lbs <10% body fat in 9 months.

Calories in vs. Calories out.

the trick is accurately measuring both

strengh training super charges your metabolism
    puchups, pullups, are good if you have nothing else but i would buy some weights over an eliptical machine.

remember bottom line cals in vs. cals out
    Hi There

JAZZ / UTES / LIONS / REDWINGS / TIGERS / ALL-BLACKS

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by draino View Post
    http://www.calorieking.com/

http://www.healthstatus.com/calculate/cbc

these two sites helped me go from a 250lbs tub of goo to 201lbs <10% body fat in 9 months.

Calories in vs. Calories out.

the trick is accurately measuring both

strengh training super charges your metabolism
    puchups, pullups, are good if you have nothing else but i would buy some weights over an eliptical machine.

remember bottom line cals in vs. cals out
    i'd actually burn more calories with weights than using an elliptical??

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by alexander_37 View Post

not to mention, that study was done in China and funded by PETA. so in other words, i wouldn't trust a single word of it.

vCash
    i'd actually burn more calories with weights than using an elliptical??
    You want to do both... but nothing matters if you dont eat right. Me personally I did mostly cardio and slowly incorperated weights into my workout routine as time passed

New York Yankees

Dallas Mavericks

New Jersey Devils
    Seattle Seahawks
    Dale Earnhardt Jr.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Thumper 88 View Post
    You want to do both... but nothing matters if you dont eat right. Me personally I did mostly cardio and slowly incorperated weights into my workout routine as time passed

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast