Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Thread: Sick & Tired

Threaded View

vCash

Sick & Tired

Hey guys.

Just as the title suggests, I'm sick & tired of my physique. I was over weight as a kid but lost it when my parents signed me in soccer. After that I was never "ripped" or "cut", but i wasn't fat either. My day job used to keep me pretty active and helped me burn calories.... now I'm self employed and either sit behind a computer screen or sit in the car driving. My wife & I just had our 4th child and these last 7 years were the period where i gained the bulk of the weight (i literally gained 25 lbs with my first son).

I got measured last night for a tuxedo and just hated the way i looked in the mirror. I was disgusted to think that it's okay to look like that. Everyone always told me, your older, your married, you have kids, your supposed to gain a little weight. The "You wear it well" BS. I'd appreciate any weight loss tips. AND I MEAN ANY TIPS.

back when i was training for the police academy i was 185 lbs and felt good. i was doing push ups, chin ups, and running 1-3 miles 3 days a week (rotating schedule) & i played racquet ball at least 2 times a week. I don't own a weight set, i'm not part of a gym. However I am considering purchasing an elliptical to help out. I'm limited on time having to watch my kids & work from home during the day.

I'm 5'11 and about 237 lbs. and eat meat, chicken, fish etc... we try to have 1 vegetarian night a week, and we try to cut out high fructose corn syrup (it's our attempt to be more "whole foods diet".)

Again helpful hints would be appreciated.
    Last edited by Lionsfanfromsac; 09-13-2012 at 12:39 PM.

My AAL 2015 ProBowler: DeAndre Levy #54 132 tackles / 2.5 sacks / 1 safety / 1 amazing int
    click here to join the Lions Forum
    Lions Forum: 5 Time OTT Winner#1,#6,#10,#12 & #14
    2014 PSD MOD SURVIVAL GAME WINNER!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    Lffs is the master at going from goofball to boss