Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Philly trying to get P.K.

So the new rumour is the Flyers are trying to get trhe Habs to trade them P.K. Subban. I'd hate to see it happen, but if it does come to the point in the contract negotiations wher management does agree to trade him and Philly is willing to park with the right package, what would you want in return.
    Personally, I think they should be as greedy as possible.
    If the Flyiers are willing to take Scot Gomez as well and assume that contractr, maybe the Habs can be more reasonable.
    Without taking the Gomez contract, I'd ask for Danny Briere, Claude Giroux and Kimmo Timonnen.
    If they took Gomez and the money as part of the package, I'd ask for Giroux, or Briere + Timonnen.
    What are your thoughts?

vCash
    As a Flyers fan, I'm well aware of our defensive problems but I'd rather watch us not win a Stanley Cup for another 40 to 50 years than have PK Subban on this team.

vCash
    I would take Giroux and Briere for Subban and Gomez. Too bad it's just a dream.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernie Hudson View Post
    As a Flyers fan, I'm well aware of our defensive problems but I'd rather watch us not win a Stanley Cup for another 40 to 50 years than have PK Subban on this team.
    I'm guessing you"re not a Subban fan. Let me tell you something about PK Subban. In a poll of Habs players, he was voted as the player they'd most likely they'd try to hit if he were on the other team. He's also a very good yound defenseman who might develope into a top scoring defenseman. He's kind of a modern day Claude Lemieux. You hate him when he plays against you. He's a definite trash talker. But when he's your teammate, he's the best guy and he's hard to ignore. Potential like him comes around very rarely.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by adab View Post
    So the new rumour is the Flyers are trying to get trhe Habs to trade them P.K. Subban. I'd hate to see it happen, but if it does come to the point in the contract negotiations wher management does agree to trade him and Philly is willing to park with the right package, what would you want in return.
    If the Flyiers are willing to take Scot Gomez as well and assume that contractr, maybe the Habs can be more reasonable.
    Without taking the Gomez contract, I'd ask for Danny Briere, Claude Giroux and Kimmo Timonnen.
    If they took Gomez and the money as part of the package, I'd ask for Giroux, or Briere + Timonnen.

What are your thoughts?
    LOL No way the Flyers trade Giroux. If it's a Subban trade, you're looking at players like Brayden Schenn or Sean Couturier, some of their young defenseman prospects and/or picks.

vCash
    What are your thoughts?
    Giroux is close, if not already, one of the top forwards in the NHL. Why would Philly deal him, as well as Briere/Timonnen , and take on an awful contract in Gomez? Ir-regardless of the Flyers short-comings on defense, it would take a little bit more than just Subban to pry Giroux out of Philly right now...

I would be great though..........

vCash
    Subbans are to come by. I imagine Habs keep him and build a great defense in front of Price. Beaulieu is going to be good one also

vCash
    If Subban is the future of the Canadians defence how come they haven't signed the guy? Plus the reason he hasn't developed into a great youn defenceman is because the Montreal coaching staff is weak. He's good don't get me wrong but the only way Subban comes to Philly is for prospects and picks. No Giroux or Schenn or Couts.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KCFlyers View Post
    If Subban is the future of the Canadians defence how come they haven't signed the guy? Plus the reason he hasn't developed into a great youn defenceman is because the Montreal coaching staff is weak. He's good don't get me wrong but the only way Subban comes to Philly is for prospects and picks. No Giroux or Schenn or Couts.
    Just because they view him as a big part of their future doesn't mean they will allow him to dictate the terms. He's not that big of a piece.

It is a process, negotiating contracts, and a young guy like Subban is going to looking for security in terms of both years and dollars. The Habs may not feel quite as inclined to offer one or the other just yet......

Coaching staff in Montreal isn't the greatest, but not entirely their fault. Subban plays reckless at times, makes young mistakes, and coaches called him on it numerous times. It is up to the coaches to point that out to him, and try and correct it, but it is his job to put it to practice........
    Last edited by taffi101; 10-30-2012 at 09:16 PM.

vCash

i need them drugs

What are your thoughts?
    There is no way i make that deal....i have a news flash for you every gm in the league would love to have PK.....HE is a rare commodity a hard hitting puck carrying dman who can score and as he develops will be less and less of a defensive liability ....he has all the tools to be the next chris chelios who was traded from montreal before he hit his prime...the habs won't make this same mistake twice....as for the genius who concluded that since the habs did not sign him yet its proof he is not very good , get a grip buddy its a business they wisely decided to see the next cba before making their long term plans with PK....Trust me he is going no where but montreal ...for those of you who don't see his talent and massive potential you should start watching a simpler sport like tiddly winks because clearly hockey is not your cup of tea !!

vCash
    Subban is a big time jerk and ego maniac. That cuts his value in half at least. G.M.s don't rush out to acquire Coach/G.M. killers like Subban. Plus his teammates despise him.

vCash
    Hahaha to anyone who thinks PK is worth Giroux + !!! Wow. Stop. Giroux has emerged as one of the top players in the game. PK is good and has potential. I highly doubt Homer would offer a Schenn or Couturier for PK. Id imagine a deal the Flyers may offer would be something like:

Matt Read for PK. MAYBE we add a d-spec like M.A.B. Thats about the best you can expect for a headcase who wants a huge contract in the new CBA.

“Too many people go through life complaining about their problems. I've always believed that if you took one tenth of the energy you put into complaining and applied it to solving the problem, you'd be surprised by how well things can work out.”
    ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture

vCash
    While youre at it why dont you trade Gianta for Crosby?

“Too many people go through life complaining about their problems. I've always believed that if you took one tenth of the energy you put into complaining and applied it to solving the problem, you'd be surprised by how well things can work out.”
    ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture

vCash
    News flash: Subban is a talented prospect, nothing more. He's had one good season. He has a reputation. No GM is going to part with an "equivalent talent" piece for a kid who many believe is a bad influence in the locker room and a cancer. He wants a ton of money and a long term deal. The Habs clearly don't think he's worth what he's asking for, otherwise he'd be signed.

The idea that the Flyers would trade Giroux + for Subban is laughable. Its one of the dumbest things I've ever read on this board. Giroux is a consensus top-3 forward in the NHL and he's 23.

Best case scenario, if the Habs trade PK, they'll get a couple prospects, one NHL-ready player, and some picks in return. It's not a huge haul, but it's about what PK is worth right now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ScoPo18 View Post
    Hahaha to anyone who thinks PK is worth Giroux + !!! Wow. Stop. Giroux has emerged as one of the top players in the game. PK is good and has potential. I highly doubt Homer would offer a Schenn or Couturier for PK. Id imagine a deal the Flyers may offer would be something like:

Matt Read for PK. MAYBE we add a d-spec like M.A.B.
    Thats about the best you can expect for a headcase who wants a huge contract in the new CBA.
    And Bergevin would hang up immediately.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast