Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 8 of 37 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
Results 106 to 120 of 546
  1. #106
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    WHO DAT NATION
    Posts
    6,227
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by BIGBREED View Post
    Dude you always go far left!
    I'm not talking about a BIG RB and that's not what the Saints offense calls for, Big RBs like TJ Duckett or a Brandon Jacobs type backs would slow us down.

    I'm talking about RBs with fluid hips, speed, agility, with hands like a WR in our backfield, like a Mashall Faulk or a Matt Forte type. And at the size of 6'0 220lbs, I like South Carolina RB- Lattimore or Arkansas RB- Knile Davis (in the later rounds)

    *Neo, Lattimore will be fine with his ACL recovery. Players normally take 2yrs to recover(Adrian Peterson is bucking that theory) and college players start to be more in the survival mindset after a surgery heading into the draft during the season.

    FYI:
    I don't consider Mark Ingram a bust! I just think he got drafted to the wrong team and he's in the wrong system! Ingram is a really good RB, his only problem is his below average hands as a RB!
    Lets not forget that Sproles had average hands in San Deigo as their RB, so drops are normal for him also. Plus Sproles is getting long in the tooth, the Saints WILL think about cutting him next year! He's starting to show his age guys!
    I think anything team would love a back like you are describing. Thanks for pointing out me being far left because it made me realize that I am not being far enough left on this topic now that I think about it if we are to discuss RB for the Saints because imo.............

    I think we need a power back but to even go further left with it if a guy like Le'Veon Bell 6 '2 240 could come in and develop into a Vonta Leach type blocker then I think that would compliment our pass first Offense the best when we turn to the run game.

    Jed Collins is the best pass catching FB in the NFL and thats why we have him. But I think if Ingram Thomas Sproles had a beastly blocking FB that would benefit them alot on run plays.

    But as I said I do feel that a real power back a Eddie George slow ground and pound guy would be just the change of pace we need to eat clock when this pass first offense gets up in the score.

    Lets talk overkill or being wasteful if you will its when you have Brees an elite QB but you are trying to do too much at RB. Somebody is gonna be under utilized. So yes it would be great to have one Stud at RB but I gurantee you with Brees at QB he'd be underused too often. We don't even use the ones we have enough we are better suited with RB by committee for different situations if thats the case. Because if we had one total package RB that could do it all he wouldnt be on the team long anyway he'd be worse than Bush in his feeling towards gameplan.

    We have Sproles he can take it to the house at anytime

    Pierre can do it all

    Ingram can read and run for good gains if the holes are there

    An all out bruiser would compliment this offense when its clock management time.

    But going further along these line if our current Backs had a beastly FB to follow that would benefit this Offense most.
    LET'S ROLL SAINTS!!!

  2. #107
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    2,674
    vCash
    1500
    Neo and MT, I have a question regarding LSU and their stigma for not being able to breed solid DEs.

    I don't know what Tyson Jackson or Glen Dorsey's hype were coming out of college (If the Chiefs reached on them or if it was a good pick) but I'm scared Sam Montgomery and Barkevious Mingo might turn out to be busts like Jackson and Dorsey. Is there anything out there that suggests that they won't be?
    New Orleans Saints
    LA Kings
    Cleveland Cavs
    NY Mets
    Duke Blue Devils


    THE WORLD IS YOURS CHICO! KENNY VACCARO BABY!

  3. #108
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    2,674
    vCash
    1500
    Also.. I'm very impressed with the Texas ends, Alex Okafor is a monster, same with Jackson Jeffcoat
    New Orleans Saints
    LA Kings
    Cleveland Cavs
    NY Mets
    Duke Blue Devils


    THE WORLD IS YOURS CHICO! KENNY VACCARO BABY!

  4. #109
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    2,297
    vCash
    1500
    If we have a top 5 pick, do we take Barkley/Smith/whoever Payton believes is the best QB, or the best pass rusher? I can see both sides of this argument. If we get an elite pass rusher, we're super bowl contenders (even more so than we are with this roster). But if we can get an elite QB to have behind Brees and not miss a step when Brees retires, i'm not sure how you can pass on that. We're only gonna have that chance once you know? Interesting debate, especially if we get our 2nd round pick back
    "I am and always will be- The Optimist. The hoper of far-flung hopes. The dreamer of improbable dreams."

  5. #110
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    2,674
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by saintsfan33 View Post
    If we have a top 5 pick, do we take Barkley/Smith/whoever Payton believes is the best QB, or the best pass rusher? I can see both sides of this argument. If we get an elite pass rusher, we're super bowl contenders (even more so than we are with this roster). But if we can get an elite QB to have behind Brees and not miss a step when Brees retires, i'm not sure how you can pass on that. We're only gonna have that chance once you know? Interesting debate, especially if we get our 2nd round pick back
    It obviously all depends on our draft board and where exactly we're picking. Odds are (knowing the Saints), we'll probably end up finishing 8-8 (I really home not.. Not to sound like a pessimist or anything), I'd rather get a top 3 pick. With that being said, if you have a top 3 pick AND get your 2nd rounder back, I think it's obvious to go QB IF Geno Smith or Matt Barkley are there. I just think it's more important LONG term to get a good QB to sit behind Brees because that opportunity won't come knocking for another while. If the pick is top 5 or top 10, you have to go DE though
    New Orleans Saints
    LA Kings
    Cleveland Cavs
    NY Mets
    Duke Blue Devils


    THE WORLD IS YOURS CHICO! KENNY VACCARO BABY!

  6. #111
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    2,297
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by akay47 View Post
    It obviously all depends on our draft board and where exactly we're picking. Odds are (knowing the Saints), we'll probably end up finishing 8-8 (I really home not.. Not to sound like a pessimist or anything), I'd rather get a top 3 pick. With that being said, if you have a top 3 pick AND get your 2nd rounder back, I think it's obvious to go QB IF Geno Smith or Matt Barkley are there. I just think it's more important LONG term to get a good QB to sit behind Brees because that opportunity won't come knocking for another while. If the pick is top 5 or top 10, you have to go DE though
    Exactly my thinking. The chance to get an elite QB doesn't come too often. However, I think we will finish around 9-7, so the chance to grab Smith or Barkley is probably not gonna happen.
    "I am and always will be- The Optimist. The hoper of far-flung hopes. The dreamer of improbable dreams."

  7. #112
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    WHO DAT NATION
    Posts
    6,227
    vCash
    1500
    I agree on that an elite QB doesn't come in the draft that often.

    But, we also know that if your QB pick is a bust its hurts more than if your DE, SS, LB, OT etc pick is a bust.

    So I am saying let someone else pick our future QB we grab him in Free Agency after they have proven their worth just like we got Drew muthafphricking Brees baby!

    #drunkrightnow
    LET'S ROLL SAINTS!!!

  8. #113
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    2,297
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Underdogz∞ View Post
    I agree on that an elite QB doesn't come in the draft that often.

    But, we also know that if your QB pick is a bust its hurts more than if your DE, SS, LB, OT etc pick is a bust.

    So I am saying let someone else pick our future QB we grab him in Free Agency after they have proven their worth just like we got Drew muthafphricking Brees baby!

    #drunkrightnow
    In Free Agency an elite QB would cost way too much money, plus they very rarely hit FA. Brees was a HUGE injury risk. QB busts kill teams that count on their QBs to be hall of famers right away, if he sits behind Brees for a few years it wouldn't hurt too badly if he was a bust because we would know that early and have time to fix it.
    "I am and always will be- The Optimist. The hoper of far-flung hopes. The dreamer of improbable dreams."

  9. #114
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    9,351
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by akay47 View Post
    Neo and MT, I have a question regarding LSU and their stigma for not being able to breed solid DEs.

    I don't know what Tyson Jackson or Glen Dorsey's hype were coming out of college (If the Chiefs reached on them or if it was a good pick) but I'm scared Sam Montgomery and Barkevious Mingo might turn out to be busts like Jackson and Dorsey. Is there anything out there that suggests that they won't be?
    The main problem with those two guys is the scheme they're in. 4-3 guys put into a 3-4. Tough to see that really working out to begin with. Only thing I can really say is that these are very different players. Their style is totally unlike that of Tyson Jackson and Dorsey. Just from watching them play, I can definitely see the difference. Not to overly simplify this, but Tyson Jackson was a run-stopping style DE for the most part. Montgomery and Mingo are pass rushers who operate with so much speed that they can be effective as 3-down defenders. They're more complete players. Though Mingo is more of a Von Miller style guy who will end up as a Linebacker at the next level, IMO (I feel the same way about Georgia's Jarvis Jones). With that said, ANY player can be a bust for a hundred different reasons. Its probably the most difficult guessing game in sports.

    Also, Jackson was a HUGE reach by Scott Pioli


    Cameron Jordan is awesome

    12.5 sacks and this http://instagram.com/p/jfs5DemKo3/

  10. #115
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    9,351
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by akay47 View Post
    Also.. I'm very impressed with the Texas ends, Alex Okafor is a monster, same with Jackson Jeffcoat
    Yeah, they both look good too. Werner at FSU has a lot of potential too


    Cameron Jordan is awesome

    12.5 sacks and this http://instagram.com/p/jfs5DemKo3/

  11. #116
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    2,297
    vCash
    1500
    I would love Montgomery, just because of the speech someone said he gave. We need a real leader like that, guys that care that much and show that much emotion usually do pretty well
    "I am and always will be- The Optimist. The hoper of far-flung hopes. The dreamer of improbable dreams."

  12. #117
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    WHO DAT NATION
    Posts
    6,227
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by saintsfan33 View Post
    In Free Agency an elite QB would cost way too much money, plus they very rarely hit FA. Brees was a HUGE injury risk. QB busts kill teams that count on their QBs to be hall of famers right away, if he sits behind Brees for a few years it wouldn't hurt too badly if he was a bust because we would know that early and have time to fix it.
    Touche
    LET'S ROLL SAINTS!!!

  13. #118
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    2,297
    vCash
    1500
    Walter himself and Charlie Campbell (both of walterfootball.com) both have us picking 9th overall, and they agree on us selecting Sam Montgomery.
    "I am and always will be- The Optimist. The hoper of far-flung hopes. The dreamer of improbable dreams."

  14. #119
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    WHO DAT NATION
    Posts
    6,227
    vCash
    1500
    I'm pushing the Eric Reid campaign for us. Eric Reid Eric Reid
    LET'S ROLL SAINTS!!!

  15. #120
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    2,297
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Underdogz∞ View Post
    I'm pushing the Eric Reid campaign for us. Eric Reid Eric Reid
    Why safety over DE or OT (or QB if we get a high enough pick)
    "I am and always will be- The Optimist. The hoper of far-flung hopes. The dreamer of improbable dreams."

Page 8 of 37 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •