Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 7 of 37 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BIGBREED View Post
    With our 1st pick I want OLB- Jarvis Jones from Georgia! If our record lower the Saints out if the Top 5, I want the Best OT available!
    I'll agree with you on Jones. He's probably the best defensive player in the country. He's just always around the ball and he's got IT. You don't pass up a playmaker like that, no matter what position he's going to play for you. When I'm coming up with my Saints Big Board after the college season, he'll probably be the #1 player on the list

Cameron Jordan is awesome

12.5 sacks and this http://instagram.com/p/jfs5DemKo3/

vCash

•DE is already stacked with young talent with Cam/Galette/Wilson leading the way, we need a better DLine coach! Bring in another DE onto the roster under Bill Johnson's coaching will have the Saints drafting a 1st RD pick to sit on the bench/in rotations under "no guidance from players & coaches" (like Cam) and he will struggle lacking the correct techniques of getting off the blocks!
    We need a Dline Coach, not another DE to sit under "NO" coaching
    I'm not buying this BB. We do need a new Defensive Line coach pretty badly. Bill Johnson and Travis Jones have simply not gotten the job done. I don't know if the Saints can manage to grab someone else's Line coach but names that come to mind are Robert Nunn (Giants), Mike Waufle (Rams), Odell Haggins (Florida State), and Rodney Garner (Georgia). In any event, where I disagree with you is about needing another DE. I think we absolutely need both a new D-Line coach AND a new DE. I'm not sold on all of the talent that we've got there right now, even if we had a coach who could get more out of those guys. Will Smith is getting older as well and we need an every-down DE to replace him.

vCash

Pending where we pick(Top 5)
    OLB- Jarvis Jones
    OT
    DB
    DT
    WR/athlete
    ILB
    {Saints only lacks dept on defense at LB, DT, & DB}
    *trading down or trading a player to get a 2nd RD pick

I would even draft South Carolina RB- Marcus Lattimore and trade RB- Ingram for picks
    - not bcuz Ingram isn't good, RB- Marcus Lattimore is just better than Ingram & Pierre combined and he would also take away our predictability on offense. RB- Marcus Lattimore is a 3down back like a Marshall Faulk/Matt Forte
    We wouldn't get much for Ingram. Not even close to worth trading him, I think. Lattimore hasn't been the same since that ACL injury. He's still a good runner, but he's lacked the explosion he had in his freshman season and he's fumbled a surprising amount lately. There's a ton of guys I'd take over Lattimore if we're picking in the Top 10

vCash
    Mark Ingram gets a from me now.

Not that he isnt OK but OK doesn't justify the way we picked him.

I'm at the point now where I agree with whoever it was up here who said it was a bad pick.

I don't blame the Oline either I just don't think he has the Superstar goods and never will from what I've seen so far.

Pierre Thomas >> Ingram

Sproles >> Ingram

Ivory > Ingram

Cadet > Ingram
    LET'S ROLL SAINTS!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by neovenator250 View Post
    We wouldn't get much for Ingram. Not even close to worth trading him, I think. Lattimore hasn't been the same since that ACL injury. He's still a good runner, but he's lacked the explosion he had in his freshman season and he's fumbled a surprising amount lately. There's a ton of guys I'd take over Lattimore if we're picking in the Top 10
    Bottom line Neo, it's time to get rid of the RB by committee or do a better job of having RBs that can do the same things all being the same weight of 6'0 220lbs excelling at running and catching the ball out if the backfield at a high rate! Like a Matt Forte type, staying on the field and Knile Davis fits the Saints offensive system perfectly!
    Right now our offensive packages are very predictable:

Pierre = screen or pass being great in pass protction; great runners balance but is really a 3rd down Back!

Sproles = passing coming out of the backfield, will get attention from defense; lite runner

Ingram = runner only; not good in pass protection

The Saints need a complete RB, bcuz none of these guys are!

*On trading for picks...
    I'm not trying to get a 1st Rd pick for Ingram, I just want more picks so we can draft more athletic defenders in this draft!
    Last edited by BIGBREED; 10-03-2012 at 04:51 PM.
    I officially now have a "Stephen" following me!

From my Stephen-
    "Ya damn near ran one of the most ride or die for the Saint fans on here. But that's ok, all that gon change!"
    "I'm gon get with ya every time u try to disrespect other Saints fans!"
    "I wish he opens his mouth!"
    "It's a new day Saints Forum!"

http://youtu.be/7AjWj91B7fo

Time Will Tell My Accuracy's

vCash
    Ingram's value is low because the Saints misused him and don't ever try to get creative with him. Unless the RB is Walter Payton or Barry Sanders, you can't tell the defense exactly how and where you're running the ball and expect success.

I can't say if Ingram is a bust or not because he's never been given a fair shake. As sacrilegious as this sounds, I'd consider dealing PT for picks and find out what we have in Ingram. If he truly is a bust, then Ivory and Cadet are waiting in the wings. At worst, the Saints always find talent in places no one else looks.

vCash
    What happened to trying Cadet at WR instead of bringing in these other WRs who dont seem to have the goods.
    LET'S ROLL SAINTS!!!

vCash
    Stevan Ridley > Ingram
    LET'S ROLL SAINTS!!!

vCash
    Pierre's the most complete back we have.
    !WhoDat!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WhoDat View Post
    Pierre's the most complete back we have.
    I love Pierre's game and he always plays well against division rivals - key games.

If we do draft a back I'm fine with a guy like Le'Veon Bell 6 '2 240 to pound out those goal line runs and wear down defenses.

Obvioulsy finding a back as big as Deuce McAllister and as fast as Deuce was aint everyday maybe once in a while.

I sure miss Deuce's strong running and I think an Offense like this could use a guy like that again.

We can leave the big homerun plays to Sproles and the passing game. But I think Bell can pound some garbage yards different than Ingrams 3 yard gain as a bigger back leaves a blow that makes a tackler think about it the next tackle. That gets old quick eventually guys will get out the way.
    LET'S ROLL SAINTS!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Underdogz∞ View Post
    I love Pierre's game and he always plays well against division rivals - key games.

If we do draft a back I'm fine with a guy like Le'Veon Bell 6 '2 240 to pound out those goal line runs and wear down defenses.

Obvioulsy finding a back as big as Deuce McAllister and as fast as Deuce was aint everyday maybe once in a while.

I sure miss Deuce's strong running and I think an Offense like this could use a guy like that again.

We can leave the big homerun plays to Sproles and the passing game. But I think Bell can pound some garbage yards different than Ingrams 3 yard gain as a bigger back leaves a blow that makes a tackler think about it the next tackle. That gets old quick eventually guys will get out the way.
    Dude you always go far left!
    I'm not talking about a BIG RB and that's not what the Saints offense calls for, Big RBs like TJ Duckett or a Brandon Jacobs type backs would slow us down.

I'm talking about RBs with fluid hips, speed, agility, with hands like a WR in our backfield, like a Mashall Faulk or a Matt Forte type. And at the size of 6'0 220lbs, I like South Carolina RB- Lattimore or Arkansas RB- Knile Davis (in the later rounds)

*Neo, Lattimore will be fine with his ACL recovery. Players normally take 2yrs to recover(Adrian Peterson is bucking that theory) and college players start to be more in the survival mindset after a surgery heading into the draft during the season.

FYI:
    I don't consider Mark Ingram a bust! I just think he got drafted to the wrong team and he's in the wrong system! Ingram is a really good RB, his only problem is his below average hands as a RB!
    Lets not forget that Sproles had average hands in San Deigo as their RB, so drops are normal for him also. Plus Sproles is getting long in the tooth, the Saints WILL think about cutting him next year! He's starting to show his age guys!
    Last edited by BIGBREED; 10-04-2012 at 08:33 AM.

From my Stephen-
    "Ya damn near ran one of the most ride or die for the Saint fans on here. But that's ok, all that gon change!"

vCash
    I would see no downgrade in moving to using two backs. There is nothing that Ingram brings to the table that Pierre can't do. Ingram is supposed to be more of the inside running and being able to push the pile but everytime we have a back breaking tackles and keeping his feet moving its Pierre. Ingram rarely gets additional yards after contact and just doesnt make defenders miss.

Agreed he is in the wrong system and would be much more productive elsewhere, but that just makes it look that much worse on the Saints that we drafted him. I still think it was an overreaction to the Seattle game.

2012 Stats
    63 Tackles, 3 INTs, 18 PDs, 1 Sack, 1 FF, 1 TD

vCash
    Pierre Thomas is not explosive, he is not fast(very slow runner lacking breakout speed like a MJDrew/Micheal Turner even) nor is he powerful as a RB! What he is is he's a RB that have the best Balance on his feet in the NFL, the best RB in the NFL setting up his screens, and he has soft hands!
    He's a 3rd down RB at best, he's not a starter! The Saints needs a work horse at that position like a MJD/Matt Forte/Marshall Faulk/Fred Taylor type

Mark Ingram fits that work horse label with his body frame being 5'9 218lbs will wear down a defense being a compact thumper and his running style though not sprinters fast but being explosive thru the hole. His negatives are he struggles in Passing situation like not having good hands, poor pass protection/blitz pickup in the bachfield, and he's a very average screen back, lacking the knowledge of knowing how to setup the screen as a RB.
    By Ingram being limited in the Passing department, it hinders his production in the running game bcuz defenses knows that he's a "One Dimensional RB" for the New Orleans Saints!

...but coaching could better his value, like that TD to WR- Joe Morgan against GB!
    The Saints ran a Play action w/ Ingram in a running formation of
    2TE 2RB 1WR!
    Last edited by BIGBREED; 10-04-2012 at 12:23 PM.

From my Stephen-

vCash
    The staff needs to let Ingram start and give him 20-25 carries a game. If anything, it'll keep the defense more honest.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by iamaj View Post
    The staff needs to let Ingram start and give him 20-25 carries a game. If anything, it'll keep the defense more honest.
    It would open up passing lanes more, but only if Ingram shows improvement in the Passing game to the opposing defense bcuz if not, Drew will be on IR!

?Bad Match?
    Mark Ingram is a 20-25 carry RB BUT....
    Drew Brees is a +40 Passing QB
    Last edited by BIGBREED; 10-04-2012 at 12:37 PM.

From my Stephen-

Page 7 of 37 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast