Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 36 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2634353637 LastLast
    vCash
    also, this extends the the record LSU is setting this year with a whopping 10 underclassmen declaring for the NFL draft

Cameron Jordan is awesome

12.5 sacks and this http://instagram.com/p/jfs5DemKo3/

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by neovenator250 View Post
    its been long expected that Boyd would go back to Clemson and some of these guys are going back to different reasons that we just don't know. And there are arguments in favor of staying. Its generally agreed among NFL GM's that they like to see senior QB's with more experience. As for injury, look at Sam Bradford. Everyone thought he was dumb for going back to Oklahoma. He had a bad year, got injured, and was still the #1 pick. Not saying I completely disagree with you, but its a debate when every situation is different.
    Agreed Neo, plus AK those guys takeout insurance policies to cover them for any injuries that might happen!
    I officially now have a "Stephen" following me!

From my Stephen-
    "Ya damn near ran one of the most ride or die for the Saint fans on here. But that's ok, all that gon change!"
    "I'm gon get with ya every time u try to disrespect other Saints fans!"
    "I wish he opens his mouth!"
    "It's a new day Saints Forum!"

http://youtu.be/7AjWj91B7fo

Time Will Tell My Accuracy's

vCash
    thats mildly surprising to me. If he had as good of a year as he was expected to before getting injured, he'd have a pretty good shot at going #1 overall based on the way everything else is turning out this year. I figured he'd come back for a shot at getting drafted in the Top 10 next year. Still, he'll probably still go on Day 2 and getting paid to rehab is better than rehabbing, then going to study for no money, lol
    Not going to lie, I want him, Bushrod resigning or not. I love his game.

Quote Originally Posted by Underdogz∞ View Post
    I'd take Mingo over Jones too guess I'm an idiot too.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by akay47 View Post
    Either these guys have horrible agents/advisors or they're stupid for going back. It just doesn't make sense, especially in this draft, a horrible one. Do they not learn from what happened to Matt Barkley, Jake Locker, Matt Leinart, etc? Your stock is at an all time high, especially a guy like Tajh Boyd, yet you're going back to Clemson? What happens if tear your ACL or have a bad year, then you get picked in the 6th? 7th? Undrafted? It just doesn't make sense
    The simple answer is some guys make more money in College than in the Pros
    LET'S ROLL SAINTS!!!

vCash
    also, this extends the the record LSU is setting this year with a whopping 10 underclassmen declaring for the NFL draft
    Yea my phone was going off almost every other day with LSU players declaring for the draft.

For those that don't know and or care bleacher report has a team stream app that will alert you anytime your selected teams make any moves...I love it!
    LET'S ROLL SAINTS!!!

vCash
    Jake Matthews is officially staying at A&M. This OT class looks pretty weak now. Eric Fisher is throwing a serious fiesta

vCash
    Jake Matthews is officially staying at A&M. This OT class looks pretty weak now. Eric Fisher is throwing a serious fiesta
    Watch Faulk kill it at the combine and sneak into the 1st round.

Quote Originally Posted by Underdogz∞ View Post
    I'd take Mingo over Jones too guess I'm an idiot too.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MT3279 View Post
    Watch Faulk kill it at the combine and sneak into the 1st round.
    wouldn't be that surprised if he does manage it. I could see him going anywhere from Round 2 to Round 4 depending on his medical. Obviously how teams feel about it is going to dictate a lot about where he goes and how early. I'd feel good about him in Round 2

vCash

Way Too Early 2013 Draft Discussion

Ok guys dont get mad at me First off who on our Defense has value? Lofton.... Greer Smith Jenkins maybe and thats about it. We had the worst Defense in history last year and I know we are hard on money this year but why dont we get rid of the value players for draft picks if able or clear cap space. We have a 2nd year Defense Coordinator and we have Payton back why dont we rebuild our defense cant get much worse that last year. D Line as is has a bunch of potential with Wilson Hicks Bunkley and Gallette. I say try to get as many draft picks as possible like Indy and St Louis did last year with 10 Plus picks. I do like Minter in first round but not at 15. The only position I see as a 15th overall pick is a OT and im not willing to use first round pick on Offense. I say trade back get a few extra picks and start to rebuild a defense might get lucky and get 2-3-4 starters from this draft on defense

vCash
    Jenkins doesn't have value in my eyes.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by iamaj View Post
    Jenkins doesn't have value in my eyes.
    I'd rather Wendy's .99 cent value meal better!
    I officially now have a "Stephen" following me!

From my Stephen-
    "Ya damn near ran one of the most ride or die for the Saint fans on here. But that's ok, all that gon change!"
    "I'm gon get with ya every time u try to disrespect other Saints fans!"
    "I wish he opens his mouth!"
    "It's a new day Saints Forum!"

http://youtu.be/7AjWj91B7fo

Time Will Tell My Accuracy's

vCash
    I'd take a gift certificate to Dollar General over Jenkins!

vCash
    If i were a GM on an opposing team, Jordan is the only person on the Saints Def I would be willing to entertain in a trade. Wilson/Hicks maybe, but would hold very little value. We are an average defense with average playmakers.

I agree with BB that we need a playmaker. JJ Watt made the Texans seem like a great defense by himself(and their defense is not great), being able to generate pressure on the QB can solve so many problems. If somehow Jones or Moore drop below 5 I'd love to see us trade up. Maybe our 1st and a 2nd next year seems to work out numbers wise.

2012 Stats
    63 Tackles, 3 INTs, 18 PDs, 1 Sack, 1 FF, 1 TD

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGeneral View Post
    If i were a GM on an opposing team, Jordan is the only person on the Saints Def I would be willing to entertain in a trade. Wilson/Hicks maybe, but would hold very little value. We are an average defense with average playmakers.

I agree with BB that we need a playmaker. JJ Watt made the Texans seem like a great defense by himself(and their defense is not great), being able to generate pressure on the QB can solve so many problems. If somehow Jones or Moore drop below 5 I'd love to see us trade up. Maybe our 1st and a 2nd next year seems to work out numbers wise.
    J.J. Watt is their best player, but they've got a lot of other pieces on that defense. Brian Cushing, Brooks Reed, Connor Barwin, Jonathan Joseph, Antonio Smith, and Daniel Manning are all really good contributers to that unit. They've also got some up and coming guys who contribute in the important aspects, like Whitney Mercilus as a situational pass rusher.

As for trading future picks, we've done that an awful lot lately. Its time to get younger and that means using more picks rather than trading them all away. Playmakers can come from anywhere in the draft. Shoot, Watt himself was picked 11th, which isn't all that far from 15.

vCash
    J.J. Watt is their best player, but they've got a lot of other pieces on that defense. Brian Cushing, Brooks Reed, Connor Barwin, Jonathan Joseph, Antonio Smith, and Daniel Manning are all really good contributers to that unit. They've also got some up and coming guys who contribute in the important aspects, like Whitney Mercilus as a situational pass rusher.

As for trading future picks, we've done that an awful lot lately. Its time to get younger and that means using more picks rather than trading them all away. Playmakers can come from anywhere in the draft. Shoot, Watt himself was picked 11th, which isn't all that far from 15.
    Agreed they have a lot of good contributers, but my argument is that because of the pressure and attention that Watt provides it covers up a lot of their holes. I'm all for trading down if the opportunity is there, but much like the discussions in the mock draft, trading down seems to be everyone's preferred option, it just rarely comes to fruition. If a guy like Jones or Moore(20 years old!!) drop to 8(the bills would love to drop back and still get their qb), I'd love to see us move up to grab him.

2012 Stats
    63 Tackles, 3 INTs, 18 PDs, 1 Sack, 1 FF, 1 TD

Page 36 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2634353637 LastLast