Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 35 of 37 FirstFirst ... 253334353637 LastLast
    vCash
    Guys, compare Sheldon Richardson to someone. Is he a Fletcher Cox or not as good? I just don't know who I want at 15. I know there's a while before we get there and a long process but right now my guy is Dion Jordan.
    New Orleans Saints
    LA Kings
    Cleveland Cavs
    NY Mets
    Duke Blue Devils

THE WORLD IS YOURS CHICO! KENNY VACCARO BABY!

vCash

Warren Sapp like, a jump off version

Quote Originally Posted by akay47 View Post
    Guys, compare Sheldon Richardson to someone. Is he a Fletcher Cox or not as good? I just don't know who I want at 15. I know there's a while before we get there and a long process but right now my guy is Dion Jordan.
    I see his first step almost Warren Sapp like! Not saying he's even close to Sapp but I see his his motor and his explosive reaction on the snap! Again, he's no Warren Sapp but rating Sapp as a 10, I see Richardson as a 5, and he's the best DT in this draft!
    I officially now have a "Stephen" following me!

From my Stephen-
    "Ya damn near ran one of the most ride or die for the Saint fans on here. But that's ok, all that gon change!"
    "I'm gon get with ya every time u try to disrespect other Saints fans!"
    "I wish he opens his mouth!"
    "It's a new day Saints Forum!"

http://youtu.be/7AjWj91B7fo

Time Will Tell My Accuracy's

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BIGBREED View Post
    I see his first step almost Warren Sapp like! Not saying he's even close to Sapp but I see his his motor and his explosive reaction on the snap! Again, he's no Warren Sapp but rating Sapp as a 10, I see Richardson as a 5, and he's the best DT in this draft!
    Football is so weird. I look for guys like Ryan Kerrigan or Bruce Irvin or Suh to give recent examples big muscular guys. Then you have a guy like Warren Sapp no muscle tone but a beast.

My point is it kind of goes back to me to the mental first and foremost. Guys with an edge to them a nastiness and a competitiveness but smart. A while ago I posted about a guy like CB Jordan Poyer, guys with a lil edge to them. Especially on D I really think we should go after some more players that have a lil dirt on them. We have a history of having a pretty good group of guys but to get that Defense we want I think we are going to have to get some different personalities to give us that mean D we need.

You look at one of the better defensive players we've had in a while in Jon Vilma for example the guy is no angel for sure and that translated to his game 06-09. Recently the way he went at Goodell it says something about him, you don't **** with Jon Vilma he isn't gonna lay down.

We need more defenders of this mold and mentality I think.
    Last edited by Underdogz∞; 01-09-2013 at 03:47 PM.
    LET'S ROLL SAINTS!!!

vCash
    I think you've got a point on that first step explosiveness. His motor (JUST HIS MOTOR, I'm not saying he's the next one of this guy) compares very favorably to J.J. Watt. Both guys don't have quit in them, they'll keep playing with a lot of fire and passion. Overall, though, he reminds me a lot of Henry Melton with all that athleticism

Cameron Jordan is awesome

12.5 sacks and this http://instagram.com/p/jfs5DemKo3/

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Underdogz∞ View Post
    Football is so weird. I look for guys like Ryan Kerrigan or Bruce Irvin or Suh to give recent examples big muscular guys. Then you have a guy like Warren Sapp no muscle tone but a beast.

My point is it kind of goes back to me to the mental first and foremost. Guys with an edge to them a nastiness and a competitiveness but smart. A while ago I posted about a guy like CB Jordan Poyer, guys with a lil edge to them. Especially on D I really think we should go after some more players that have a lil dirt on them. We have a history of having a pretty good group of guys but to get that Defense we want I think we are going to have to get some different personalities to give us that mean D we need.

You look at one of the better defensive players we've had in a while in Jon Vilma for example the guy is no angel for sure and that translated to his game 06-09. Recently the way he went at Goodell it says something about him, you don't **** with Jon Vilma he isn't gonna lay down.

We need more defenders of this mold and mentality I think.
    You must be talking about the Oakland Raiders Warren Sapp, bcuz you're surely not talking about the Tampa Bay Warren Sapp coming out the U!

From my Stephen-
    "Ya damn near ran one of the most ride or die for the Saint fans on here. But that's ok, all that gon change!"

vCash
    You must be talking about the Oakland Raiders Warren Sapp, bcuz you're surely not talking about the Tampa Bay Warren Sapp coming out the U!
    True but heres my evidence to my point.

Sapp in 2000 with the Bucs loss a lot of muscle tone yet the guy had 16.5 sacks argueably even a better year than 99 when he was DPOY.
    And even tho he ran a 4.6 40 as a younger DT in 94. But in 2000 likely slower dude pumps out 16 sacks! The game must be mental over physical.

http://www.google.com/imgres?hl=en&s...,r:4,s:0,i:116

Sapp at the U in 94 definitely more toned but 3.0 sacks in 95

http://www.google.com/imgres?hl=en&s...r:10,s:0,i:134
    LET'S ROLL SAINTS!!!

vCash
    True but heres my evidence to my point.

Sapp in 2000 with the Bucs loss a lot of muscle tone yet the guy had 16.5 sacks argueably even a better year than 99 when he was DPOY.
    And even tho he ran a 4.6 40 as a younger DT in 94. But in 2000 likely slower dude pumps out 16 sacks! The game must be mental over physical.

http://www.google.com/imgres?hl=en&s...,r:4,s:0,i:116

Sapp at the U in 94 definitely more toned but 3.0 sacks in 95

http://www.google.com/imgres?hl=en&s...r:10,s:0,i:134
    I'm dropping this one bruh!

From my Stephen-

vCash
    I'm dropping this one bruh! You're awesome UD
    fIxed
    LET'S ROLL SAINTS!!!

vCash
    fIxed

From my Stephen-

vCash
    Taylor Lewan going back to school
    "I am and always will be- The Optimist. The hoper of far-flung hopes. The dreamer of improbable dreams."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by saintsfan33 View Post
    Taylor Lewan going back to school
    that's a shock to me. Eric Fisher has to be jumping up and down about this one. If Jake Matthews decides officially to go back to school, this OT class will have taken a tremendous blow.

vCash
    Chris Faulk is leaving LSU. Watch this guy.

I'd take Mingo over Jones too guess I'm an idiot too.

vCash
    Either these guys have horrible agents/advisors or they're stupid for going back. It just doesn't make sense, especially in this draft, a horrible one. Do they not learn from what happened to Matt Barkley, Jake Locker, Matt Leinart, etc? Your stock is at an all time high, especially a guy like Tajh Boyd, yet you're going back to Clemson? What happens if tear your ACL or have a bad year, then you get picked in the 6th? 7th? Undrafted? It just doesn't make sense
    New Orleans Saints
    LA Kings
    Cleveland Cavs
    NY Mets
    Duke Blue Devils

THE WORLD IS YOURS CHICO! KENNY VACCARO BABY!

vCash
    Either these guys have horrible agents/advisors or they're stupid for going back. It just doesn't make sense, especially in this draft, a horrible one. Do they not learn from what happened to Matt Barkley, Jake Locker, Matt Leinart, etc? Your stock is at an all time high, especially a guy like Tajh Boyd, yet you're going back to Clemson? What happens if tear your ACL or have a bad year, then you get picked in the 6th? 7th? Undrafted? It just doesn't make sense
    its been long expected that Boyd would go back to Clemson and some of these guys are going back to different reasons that we just don't know. And there are arguments in favor of staying. Its generally agreed among NFL GM's that they like to see senior QB's with more experience. As for injury, look at Sam Bradford. Everyone thought he was dumb for going back to Oklahoma. He had a bad year, got injured, and was still the #1 pick. Not saying I completely disagree with you, but its a debate when every situation is different.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MT3279 View Post
    Chris Faulk is leaving LSU. Watch this guy.
    thats mildly surprising to me. If he had as good of a year as he was expected to before getting injured, he'd have a pretty good shot at going #1 overall based on the way everything else is turning out this year. I figured he'd come back for a shot at getting drafted in the Top 10 next year. Still, he'll probably still go on Day 2 and getting paid to rehab is better than rehabbing, then going to study for no money, lol

Page 35 of 37 FirstFirst ... 253334353637 LastLast