Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 31 of 37 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by saintsfan33 View Post
    Anyone else watching Michigan v South Carolina? I've been watching Michigan LT Taylor Lewan go against DE Clowney. Lewan one of the top Ts in this draft class, Clowney best DE in college right now
    Quote Originally Posted by akay47 View Post
    ^^^ What a great game. Clowney is something else, my Lord. That hit to cause a fumble was ruthless, the guy is a freaking sophomore and he's dominating the nation like that. Only thing I could see setting him back is an injury, straight up baller
    Yeah, he made Lewan look pretty bad. There's no doubt he goes 1st overall in 2014. Let's tank next season and finish with the worst record hahaha #SuckForClowney. Kidding
    Clowney is unreal. He's a lock for #1 overall even if he gets injured and misses the season, honestly. The tackle and subsequent fumble recovery may have been the greatest hit I've ever seen.

However, you guys are dreaming if you think that Clowney made Lewan look bad. The OT actually turned in a great performance against Clowney, who didn't have a sack in the game and only got 4 tackles. Only one of those was Lewan's fault. If Taylor was around at #15 and he was the pick, I'd come away feeling GREAT about that. Unfortunately, with Jake Matthews going back to Texas A&M, Lewan probably ends up as a Top 10 pick and is gone before we get a shot at him

Cameron Jordan is awesome

12.5 sacks and this http://instagram.com/p/jfs5DemKo3/

vCash
    http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfp-moc...0103--nfl.html

This guy has Manti Te'o going first to KC lmaoo and Glennon as his first QB off the board. He has us taking Sheldon Richardson but Dion Jordan is still available
    Nvm, this guy doesn't even have Geno Smith in his first round and has DaMontre Moore going to New England at 30 lol horrible mock
    Least there's one good pick in there, lol. Great pick, in my opinion

vCash
    http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfp-moc...0103--nfl.html

This guy has Manti Te'o going first to KC lmaoo and Glennon as his first QB off the board. He has us taking Sheldon Richardson but Dion Jordan is still available
    Nvm, this guy doesn't even have Geno Smith in his first round and has DaMontre Moore going to New England at 30 lol horrible mock
    Glennon as the #1 QB wasn't that unrealistic of an argument until his bowl game performance, which was absolutely putrid. Honestly, Geno Smith's wasn't much better, but he has more athleticism and that Pinstripe Bowl game was in the snow, which can throw anyone off

vCash
    Anyone think the Saints should either try to trade up for a playmaker or trade down to get some depth? Not loving the 15th pick at all. It seems like all the players who would be good fits just won't make it that far.

vCash
    Geno Smith isn't ready and he's surely not a #1 pick! He's in a weak QB class and he has flaws, which he must stay in school next year to currect!

1st overall picks:
    Manti
    Jarvis
    Luke
    (Either one of these players would be valid)
    I officially now have a "Stephen" following me!

From my Stephen-
    "Ya damn near ran one of the most ride or die for the Saint fans on here. But that's ok, all that gon change!"
    "I'm gon get with ya every time u try to disrespect other Saints fans!"
    "I wish he opens his mouth!"
    "It's a new day Saints Forum!"

http://youtu.be/7AjWj91B7fo

Time Will Tell My Accuracy's

vCash
    Looks like this is also a deep safety class, which makes me happy since we have the freakin worst in the league!!!!

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/...Talk-7857.html

1. Kenny Vaccaro, Texas, 6-1, 218. One front office man compared him to Rodney Harrison; another said he reminded him of Troy Polamalu. Vaccaro is a high energy safety who plays with instincts and physicality. He is highly competitive and has explosive movements. He can go get the football.

2. J.J. Wilcox, Georgia Southern, 6-0, 215. This sleeper has come on strong this season and has scouts buzzing. If he acquits himself well in the Senior Bowl, he can probably lock himself in as a second round pick. He is physical, fast, tough and aggressive, and he has a nose for the football. He just has to show he can play with the big boys.

3. T.J. McDonald, Southern Cal, 6-2, 205. He is a rangy, versatile safety with good bloodlines. His father is 49ers safety Tim McDonald. The younger McDonald is a defensive quarterback. He is big and physical. He did not have a great 2012 season, and some front office men question his instincts.

4. Bacarri Rambo, Georgia, 6-0, 210. He is a pure free safety with a good feel for the passing game. Rambo has good ball skills and makes plays. He isn’t a very physical tackler, but he gets his man on the ground. Two scouts said character issues could affect his draft stock.

5. Zeke Motta, Notre Dame, 6-2, 215. Motta had a fine senior season and climbed up draft boards. He isn’t as highly regarded as his former teammate Harrison Smith, but he could be taken as high as the second round. He has a nice combination of size and speed, and he’s a hitter. Motta has some deficiencies in coverage.

6. Shamarko Thomas, Syracuse, 5-10, 210. One front office man compared him to Bob Sanders. Like the former Colts safety, Thomas is very physical and explosive. He probably will time out as one of the faster safeties in the class, and his stock could jump. He plays with excellent aggression. He should be a hit on special teams.

7. Phillip Thomas, Fresno State, 6-1, 215. He missed his junior season with a broken leg but really helped himself in 2012. Thomas makes plays on the football. He is a very aggressive player who can be a striker. He has enough speed and cover ability. The more scouts look at him, the more they like him, and his stock might not be finished rising.

8. D.J. Swearinger, South Carolina, 5-11, 210. This is a downhill player well suited to play the strong safety position. Swearinger is physical, aggressive and tough, and he can make the open field tackle. He also has shown some ball skills.

I think they're also missing Matt Elam, who could also be a first rounder! Great news for us if we decide to take a safety late in the draft
    New Orleans Saints
    LA Kings
    Cleveland Cavs
    NY Mets
    Duke Blue Devils

THE WORLD IS YOURS CHICO! KENNY VACCARO BABY!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BIGBREED View Post

1st overall picks:
    Manti
    Jarvis
    Luke
    Yeah. this year it looks like people need to throw out the "value" argument at #1. You just have to take the BPA regardless of position, as there's no QB worthy of going even close. I feel so bad for KC fans
    Last edited by neovenator250; 01-03-2013 at 03:38 PM.

vCash
    Geno Smith isn't ready and he's surely not a #1 pick! He's in a weak QB class and he has flaws, which he must stay in school next year to currect!
    Negative captain. He's a senior, so staying is not an option

vCash
    Looks like this is also a deep safety class, which makes me happy since we have the freakin worst in the league!!!!

1. Kenny Vaccaro, Texas, 6-1, 218. One front office man compared him to Rodney Harrison; another said he reminded him of Troy Polamalu. Vaccaro is a high energy safety who plays with instincts and physicality. He is highly competitive and has explosive movements. He can go get the football.

2. J.J. Wilcox, Georgia Southern, 6-0, 215. This sleeper has come on strong this season and has scouts buzzing. If he acquits himself well in the Senior Bowl, he can probably lock himself in as a second round pick. He is physical, fast, tough and aggressive, and he has a nose for the football. He just has to show he can play with the big boys.

3. T.J. McDonald, Southern Cal, 6-2, 205. He is a rangy, versatile safety with good bloodlines. His father is 49ers safety Tim McDonald. The younger McDonald is a defensive quarterback. He is big and physical. He did not have a great 2012 season, and some front office men question his instincts.

4. Bacarri Rambo, Georgia, 6-0, 210. He is a pure free safety with a good feel for the passing game. Rambo has good ball skills and makes plays. He isnít a very physical tackler, but he gets his man on the ground. Two scouts said character issues could affect his draft stock.

5. Zeke Motta, Notre Dame, 6-2, 215. Motta had a fine senior season and climbed up draft boards. He isnít as highly regarded as his former teammate Harrison Smith, but he could be taken as high as the second round. He has a nice combination of size and speed, and heís a hitter. Motta has some deficiencies in coverage.

6. Shamarko Thomas, Syracuse, 5-10, 210. One front office man compared him to Bob Sanders. Like the former Colts safety, Thomas is very physical and explosive. He probably will time out as one of the faster safeties in the class, and his stock could jump. He plays with excellent aggression. He should be a hit on special teams.

7. Phillip Thomas, Fresno State, 6-1, 215. He missed his junior season with a broken leg but really helped himself in 2012. Thomas makes plays on the football. He is a very aggressive player who can be a striker. He has enough speed and cover ability. The more scouts look at him, the more they like him, and his stock might not be finished rising.

8. D.J. Swearinger, South Carolina, 5-11, 210. This is a downhill player well suited to play the strong safety position. Swearinger is physical, aggressive and tough, and he can make the open field tackle. He also has shown some ball skills.

I think they're also missing Matt Elam, who could also be a first rounder! Great news for us if we decide to take a safety late in the draft
    Elam would likely rank either above or immediately below Vacarro. He had an incredible game against LSU

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by neovenator250 View Post
    Negative captain. He's a senior, so staying is not an option
    Your right Neo!
    I officially now have a "Stephen" following me!

From my Stephen-
    "Ya damn near ran one of the most ride or die for the Saint fans on here. But that's ok, all that gon change!"
    "I'm gon get with ya every time u try to disrespect other Saints fans!"
    "I wish he opens his mouth!"
    "It's a new day Saints Forum!"

http://youtu.be/7AjWj91B7fo

Time Will Tell My Accuracy's

vCash
    Clowney is unreal. He's a lock for #1 overall even if he gets injured and misses the season, honestly. The tackle and subsequent fumble recovery may have been the greatest hit I've ever seen.

However, you guys are dreaming if you think that Clowney made Lewan look bad. The OT actually turned in a great performance against Clowney, who didn't have a sack in the game and only got 4 tackles. Only one of those was Lewan's fault. If Taylor was around at #15 and he was the pick, I'd come away feeling GREAT about that. Unfortunately, with Jake Matthews going back to Texas A&M, Lewan probably ends up as a Top 10 pick and is gone before we get a shot at him
    Lewan can fall back on his performance in the USC game as the reason why he's the 2nd best Tackle in the draft, honestly. He had a great game against the best DE in all of football. That play where he almost killed the RB wasn't Lewan's fault, Clowney wasn't his assignment.

Glennon as the #1 QB wasn't that unrealistic of an argument until his bowl game performance, which was absolutely putrid. Honestly, Geno Smith's wasn't much better, but he has more athleticism and that Pinstripe Bowl game was in the snow, which can throw anyone off
    Glennon will be picked in the 1st round and he will be a bust.

Quote Originally Posted by iamaj View Post
    Anyone think the Saints should either try to trade up for a playmaker or trade down to get some depth? Not loving the 15th pick at all. It seems like all the players who would be good fits just won't make it that far.
    We don't have enough firepower to trade up unless we add next year's 1st, and I just don't want to do that.

I would love to trade down and we are in the prime position to do so, at least, once.

1st overall picks:
    Manti
    Jarvis
    Luke
    He's a #1 pick if someone is dumb enough to take him, and you know damn well someone is going to overvalue his punkass.

The Chiefs don't need Teo or Jones, honestly...and what's worse, they may be switching defensive schemes AGAIN. Joeckel should be the overall #1 if the Chiefs can't find someone to trade down with them. From top to bottom, this is one of the weaker QB classes I can think of.

4. Bacarri Rambo, Georgia, 6-0, 210. He is a pure free safety with a good feel for the passing game. Rambo has good ball skills and makes plays. He isnít a very physical tackler, but he gets his man on the ground. Two scouts said character issues could affect his draft stock.

5. Zeke Motta, Notre Dame, 6-2, 215. Motta had a fine senior season and climbed up draft boards. He isnít as highly regarded as his former teammate Harrison Smith, but he could be taken as high as the second round. He has a nice combination of size and speed, and heís a hitter. Motta has some deficiencies in coverage.

They are also missing Eric Reid and Tony Jefferson. If I get my pick of Safety, it would be McDonald to replace Harper (cap reasons more than play, honestly...the kid's contract is dumb) and Rambo to replace Jenkins.

Yeah. this year it looks like people need to throw out the "value" argument at #1. You just have to take the BPA regardless of position, as there's no QB worthy of going even close. I feel so bad for KC fans
    KC fans have done their damnedest to let Ownership know they are unhappy with the product, they deserve better than this crap. That being said, they better be prepared for another rebuilding project, because the team is going to get ransacked when they bring in another staff. That Defense will be the first to go. They should have never let Romeo go.

Elam would likely rank either above or immediately below Vacarro. He had an incredible game against LSU
    Elam had a pretty damn good game against Louisville, as well. I like him

Quote Originally Posted by Underdogz∞ View Post
    I'd take Mingo over Jones too guess I'm an idiot too.

vCash
    So.... Dion Jordan was just on an offensive played and converted a 2-point conversion. I freaking LOVE this guy!!!
    New Orleans Saints
    LA Kings
    Cleveland Cavs
    NY Mets
    Duke Blue Devils

vCash
    So.... Dion Jordan was just on an offensive played and converted a 2-point conversion. I freaking LOVE this guy!!!
    I'm on him all game...he should have 20 sacks.

Quote Originally Posted by Underdogz∞ View Post
    I'd take Mingo over Jones too guess I'm an idiot too.

vCash
    Hahaha he got hurt early, I think he's been missing a bunch of snaps but you can see the potential man. The guy is 6'7 and he drops in coverage!!
    New Orleans Saints
    LA Kings
    Cleveland Cavs
    NY Mets
    Duke Blue Devils

vCash
    Wow this Oregon ILB Kiko Alonzo has been impressive. He's been all over the place
    New Orleans Saints
    LA Kings
    Cleveland Cavs
    NY Mets
    Duke Blue Devils

Page 31 of 37 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 ... LastLast