Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 24 of 37 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Rob Rang's big board: http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/s...t-top-of-draft

Lot of good d-line prospects
    "I am and always will be- The Optimist. The hoper of far-flung hopes. The dreamer of improbable dreams."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by saintsfan33 View Post
    Rob Rang's big board: http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/s...t-top-of-draft

Lot of good d-line prospects
    Gotta see who comes out. Might not be a ton of talent at 1st round level for Offensive Tackle, especially if Jake Matthews decides to stay at A&M to move over to LT there to max out his stock. D-Line board is going to be HUGE

Cameron Jordan is awesome

12.5 sacks and this http://instagram.com/p/jfs5DemKo3/

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by akay47 View Post
    Now that I think about it, we have so many needs, it's ridiculous. I'm not happy with David Hawthorne, I thought he was a decent signing at the time but the guy is old and sucks. We need an OLB, Sean Weatherspoon type. I wouldn't say it's our biggest need, but it's high up. 1) DE; 2) OT; 3) DT; 4) CB; 5) WR; 6) OLB; 7) S
    Gotta be patient with Hawthorne, I think. That hamstring injury he took was a bad one and now the coaches moved him to strong-side, which he's never played because Vilma is over on weakside

vCash
    http://www.draftsite.com/nfl/mock-draft/2013/

Check this mock out. Its pretty out there, which probably means its closer to what will actually happen than all of the ones that make sense

But I hate it for the Saints. What do you guys think?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by neovenator250 View Post
    Gotta be patient with Hawthorne, I think. That hamstring injury he took was a bad one and now the coaches moved him to strong-side, which he's never played because Vilma is over on weakside
    You've hit the nail on the head NEO!
    I officially now have a "Stephen" following me!

From my Stephen-
    "Ya damn near ran one of the most ride or die for the Saint fans on here. But that's ok, all that gon change!"
    "I'm gon get with ya every time u try to disrespect other Saints fans!"
    "I wish he opens his mouth!"
    "It's a new day Saints Forum!"

http://youtu.be/7AjWj91B7fo

Time Will Tell My Accuracy's

vCash

Check this mock out. Its pretty out there, which probably means its closer to what will actually happen than all of the ones that make sense

wow. very out there
    "I am and always will be- The Optimist. The hoper of far-flung hopes. The dreamer of improbable dreams."

vCash

No Mingo and Montgomery? Werner and Jordan in the 2nd round? Short in the 3rd?!

I like the Jenkins pick, but I don't love it. I hate Brown in the 3rd. Hurst is a solid Tackle pick. No on Cunningham. No on Boyd, especially since he hasn't addressed, arguably, our biggest need and has us doubling down on DT!

Quote Originally Posted by Underdogz∞ View Post
    I'd take Mingo over Jones too guess I'm an idiot too.

vCash
    I think Hurst will be there for us
    LET'S ROLL SAINTS!!!

vCash
    Yeah, that's a horrible mock. How does Werner go in the 2nd round lol? Most mocks have us going with Sheldon Richardson with our first. I'm cool with that but I still think DE is a bigger need, especially after Akeem Hicks' improvement.
    New Orleans Saints
    LA Kings
    Cleveland Cavs
    NY Mets
    Duke Blue Devils

THE WORLD IS YOURS CHICO! KENNY VACCARO BABY!

vCash
    Yeah, that's a horrible mock. How does Werner go in the 2nd round lol? Most mocks have us going with Sheldon Richardson with our first. I'm cool with that but I still think DE is a bigger need, especially after Akeem Hicks' improvement.
    I would agree, unless a top OT falls to us we need to get that elite pass rushing DE.

vCash
    I think best case scenario is getting a top 10 pick. I seriously wouldn't mind tanking and just cutting all these aged veterans. We need a remake on D, bring in fresh, new players and have a successful draft. That's the #1 key this off-season, try to hit on at like 4-5 players in the draft, we haven't had a good draft since 2006!!! Cmon scout team, you better be doing your job
    New Orleans Saints
    LA Kings
    Cleveland Cavs
    NY Mets
    Duke Blue Devils

vCash
    A top 10 pick secures us Matthews or Werner, I'm good with that. I'm very rarely opposed to trading down and netting more draft picks, especially if Matthews and Moore stay at A&M. That would **** the whole draft board up.

vCash
    There's no way they're both staying. I wouldn't be surprised if Jake Matthews stays, next year he'll have the ability to play LT and his stock would rise but DeMontre knows it's a weak draft class, he's for sure coming out
    New Orleans Saints
    LA Kings
    Cleveland Cavs
    NY Mets
    Duke Blue Devils

vCash
    There's no way they're both staying. I wouldn't be surprised if Jake Matthews stays, next year he'll have the ability to play LT and his stock would rise but DeMontre knows it's a weak draft class, he's for sure coming out
    I hope you're right about Moore...there are so few elite players in this upcoming draft that I fear we won't get one unless we are drafting in the top 5.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MT3279 View Post
    A top 10 pick secures us Matthews or Werner, I'm good with that. I'm very rarely opposed to trading down and netting more draft picks, especially if Matthews and Moore stay at A&M. That would **** the whole draft board up.
    Or the best CB in the country Dee Milliner. Is he Deon or Woodson hell he aint Peterson or Claiborne but he is the best CB in this draft I think. And I think he can be successful immediately at the NFL level.

I'll offer this just as food for thought and its somewhat interesting to me but there is a difference I think and that is Drew Brees.

Rookie DB vs Rookie OT

Rookie DB vs NFL WR

Rookie LT vs NFL best pass rusher

Rookie DB vs NFL best WR not likely going to happen.

LT is LT you will face a damn good DE.

Brees needs to be protected he is where all our investment is if the LT is not ready gets Brees off his game or hurt we are screwed.

If a Rookie CB isnt ready he gives up a touchdown but if Brees is throwing TDs like hot cakes then the opposing Offense has to do the same and it makes our front 4 job easier because the run threat is lessened.

If the front is solid and the back then the QB has to hold the ball or turn it over.

I think for the most part it suffices to say that even with the line the way it is Brees can put up about 28 points. With a better D is that enough to beat most teams? I think so.

Conversely if the Rookie LT is a beast then Brees throws TDs anyway and maybe we score 30 to 40 on a regular basis but it forces the opposition to throw more. Yes makes them one dimensional for front 4 to exploit but it also forces secondary to defend more passes.

Is our pass rush gonna be effective enough to disrupt passes so that secondary is helped?

So that brings into question the value of DE again. So now I think Dline and DE currently on roster vs our DBs which is better and thus which do we reinforce.

Greer PRob Mack White JPatrick Jenkins Harper Quudus
    vs
    Wilson Galette Smith Hicks Ellis Jordan Mcbride Bunkley

Which group needs more help

On a larger scale our current Offense vs Defense which needs more help but also which is more likely to help us win and impact now

Then couple all this with the players in the draft

I think when we consider all these things we go
    Last edited by Underdogz∞; 12-10-2012 at 05:51 PM.
    LET'S ROLL SAINTS!!!

Page 24 of 37 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast