Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 5 of 37 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 546
  1. #61
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    4,985
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by neovenator250 View Post
    Yeah, we need him to produce. At least he seems to have the work ethic and ability to progress. He's looked great so far at least. Wanna see him get more pressure though.
    What makes me feel even worse is that we keep drafting guys I want...and it STILL isn't working out.

    Ellis, Porter, Pressley, Vaughn, Arnoux, Woods, Wilson, Patrick and Romeus were all players I wanted to draft.

    I had insanely high hopes for Romeus and Woods (LSU, duh)...Chip Vaughn was another one I really liked (like, thought he'd replace Harper liked). I'm digging the picks we are making...I can't say, "No! You jackasses! Why the **** did you pick them?!" It would make me feel better if I could!

    I wish I had an answer. I wish I knew why the **** Ellis hasn't amounted to **** thus far. Hell, think of this ****...we almost traded up to take Dorsey instead of Ellis, and he hasn't amounted to ****, either! Such a ****ing crapshoot.

    Quote Originally Posted by Underdogz∞ View Post
    I'd take Mingo over Jones too guess I'm an idiot too.

  2. #62
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    WHO DAT NATION
    Posts
    6,364
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by neovenator250 View Post
    But the point of the article is pretty sound whether you agree or disagree. The Saints really need to start hitting some blue-blooded beasts on the defense with these draft picks. Our D is LITTERED with former first rounders, but none of them has proven to be even close to dominant at their position. Thats definitely a problem. As good as the Saints have been at picking up offensive talent all over the draft, they've been that bad picking up defensive talent.
    Quote Originally Posted by MT3279 View Post
    And what's worse, is that you can't fault the our staff for trying...we just can't seem to nail a pick for **** (other than Cam, of course).
    Guys I say kind of toungue in cheek but seriously I think something is there.

    Our team even wih the latest BS is pretty much a great group of men. You dont hear a lot of Saints players gettin in trouble criminally. Jeff correct me if Im wrong I know you have access to a lot of court cases being a lawyer and all

    But anyway we at least defensively I think we need to draft a couple of guys that have a little more edge to them. A little more dirt on them so to speak.

    Im not saying we should feel the team with knuckleheads but I think in Football there is something to be said for a defensive player who has a little edge to them. Maybe a couple guys with an assault and battery charge or two. You know but dont go too far with it though. Just a few bad boys to toughen up our Defensive culture some.

    Take this guy for example Jordan Poyer .
    LET'S ROLL SAINTS!!!

  3. #63
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Baton Rouge, La
    Posts
    4,302
    vCash
    10394
    "Our team even wih the latest BS is pretty much a great group of men. You dont hear a lot of Saints players gettin in trouble criminally. Jeff correct me if Im wrong I know you have access to a lot of court cases being a lawyer and all"

    the last thing i can recall was Will Smith for domestic Abuse and that scrub exposing himself in public.

  4. #64
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Houston
    Posts
    993
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by MT3279 View Post
    What makes me feel even worse is that we keep drafting guys I want...and it STILL isn't working out.

    Ellis, Porter, Pressley, Vaughn, Arnoux, Woods, Wilson, Patrick and Romeus were all players I wanted to draft.

    I had insanely high hopes for Romeus and Woods (LSU, duh)...Chip Vaughn was another one I really liked (like, thought he'd replace Harper liked). I'm digging the picks we are making...I can't say, "No! You jackasses! Why the **** did you pick them?!" It would make me feel better if I could!

    I wish I had an answer. I wish I knew why the **** Ellis hasn't amounted to **** thus far. Hell, think of this ****...we almost traded up to take Dorsey instead of Ellis, and he hasn't amounted to ****, either! Such a ****ing crapshoot.
    I pretty much agree with you guys on the draft. I'm torn between us taking some quality youngsters at the tackle positions or studs on the DL. Perhaps we can do both!

    MT, looking at your list of guys we've taken on the defensive side of the ball who haven't panned out or who we're waiting to pan out is jaw dropping. Man that is a lot of talent. Granted some have had injuries that have limited them but c'mon. I'm thinking two forces are at work here:

    1. Since 2006 Payton's 1st season our defenses have been suspect. I correlate this to Payton being the foremost offensive mind in the NFL, so defense is/was a lower priority.

    2. We've had some pretty average coaching staffs on the defensive side of the ball. Maybe our guys are not being coached up properly. Gregg Williams' fat *** definitely does not look like a teacher of the game. I saw him as more of a motivator and this is the system I run (blitz 70% of the time) hit the road if you don't like it type of guy.

    Now we know Spags is a defensive teacher of the game so hopefully he can help all those high draft picks on the defense realize their potential. I think he will, I think by the end of the season our defense is going to be much improved.

    On a different note is anyone watching the Panthers getting pushed around by the Gaints Offensive and Defensive lines? This is how I thought they would look against us....

  5. #65
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    9,351
    vCash
    1500
    On the brightside, Sam Montgomery had a great game against Auburn, and gave an "epic throwdown speech" in the locker room at halftime. We could use a defensive leader right? And every loss brings us closer......:cry:


    Cameron Jordan is awesome

    12.5 sacks and this http://instagram.com/p/jfs5DemKo3/

  6. #66
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    9,351
    vCash
    1500
    So, Walterfootball just came out with a new updated mock draft. They have us picking 7th and nabbing Sam Montgomery, which would be highway robbery. Obviously we don't have our 2nd rounder, but in the 3rd round they have us taking N.C. State QB Mike Glennon. This was Charlie Campbell's version. I'll go back and check for Walt's.
    Last edited by neovenator250; 09-28-2012 at 11:48 AM.


    Cameron Jordan is awesome

    12.5 sacks and this http://instagram.com/p/jfs5DemKo3/

  7. #67
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    9,351
    vCash
    1500
    Ok, so Walt himself has us also picking at #7, but taking Utah DT Star Lotulelei. In Round 3 he has us taking LSU OT Alex Hurst


    Cameron Jordan is awesome

    12.5 sacks and this http://instagram.com/p/jfs5DemKo3/

  8. #68
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    9,351
    vCash
    1500
    We really need to get that 2nd pick back...


    Cameron Jordan is awesome

    12.5 sacks and this http://instagram.com/p/jfs5DemKo3/

  9. #69
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    9,351
    vCash
    1500
    Lot of talk around on whether the Saints would take Matt Barkley to sit behind Brees if we got a Top 3 pick. I say no way. I don't care for Barkley too much. If we HAD to take a QB in this draft, I'd rather see what Sean Payton could do with Aaron Murray, Tyler Bray, or Keith Price a little later down the line.


    Cameron Jordan is awesome

    12.5 sacks and this http://instagram.com/p/jfs5DemKo3/

  10. #70
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    New Orleans, LA.
    Posts
    4,621
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by neovenator250 View Post
    Lot of talk around on whether the Saints would take Matt Barkley to sit behind Brees if we got a Top 3 pick. I say no way. I don't care for Barkley too much. If we HAD to take a QB in this draft, I'd rather see what Sean Payton could do with Aaron Murray, Tyler Bray, or Keith Price a little later down the line.
    I'll take Matt Barkley!


    Much love Neo
    I officially now have a "Stephen" following me!


    From my Stephen-
    "Ya damn near ran one of the most ride or die for the Saint fans on here. But that's ok, all that gon change!"
    "I'm gon get with ya every time u try to disrespect other Saints fans!"
    "I wish he opens his mouth!"
    "It's a new day Saints Forum!"

    http://youtu.be/7AjWj91B7fo

    Time Will Tell My Accuracy's
    _______________
    99.9%

  11. #71
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    9,351
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by BIGBREED View Post
    I'll take Matt Barkley!


    Much love Neo
    thats cool, man. My opinion is mine and yours is yours. And presenting those is why we're all here.


    Cameron Jordan is awesome

    12.5 sacks and this http://instagram.com/p/jfs5DemKo3/

  12. #72
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    WHO DAT NATION
    Posts
    6,364
    vCash
    1500
    Me personally and I've said this before I prefer Free Agent pool over the Draft but thats just me. I prefer to spend money on and take risks on what we know a player has done at NFL level over the Collegiate level.

    This is one reason I thought the Saints snagging Hicks out of the Canadian league was very very progessive, smart, and a safer pick.

    Obviously, I understand teams must draft and if they can build through the draft they can do it cheaper possibly and can create some consistency in the longer term.

    That said we really do need to address our backup QB sooner than later cause we can't forget how Brees contract balloons over the next few years and we dont know how thats gonna work out in 3 years or so.

    But in the draft for me I place Safety as our number one priority and with that I like and yes I am a LSU homer but truth is they pump out talent most of the time.

    So my number 1 guy for the Saints is ERIC REID baby! Draft him and lets get Harper to train him up. He is Harper 2.0 young and improved. He can drop in the box like Harper and can be a stronger pass defender he is our guy!

    I wanted Iloka last year but this guy to me is a NEED.
    Last edited by Underdogz∞; 09-30-2012 at 10:55 AM.
    LET'S ROLL SAINTS!!!

  13. #73
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    9,351
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Underdogz∞ View Post
    But in the draft for me I place Safety as our number one priority and with that I like and yes I am a LSU homer but truth is they pump out talent most of the time.

    So my number 1 guy for the Saints is ERIC REID baby! Draft him and lets get Harper to train him up. He is Harper 2.0 young and improved. He can drop in the box like Harper and can be a stronger pass defender he is our guy!

    I wanted Iloka last year but this guy to me is a NEED.
    Depending on where we're drafting in the first round, he's a guy who could make sense as BPA. It'd be hard to be disappointed with a pick like that, though he's had a couple of eye opening mistakes in coverage these first couple of games
    Last edited by neovenator250; 10-01-2012 at 10:27 AM.


    Cameron Jordan is awesome

    12.5 sacks and this http://instagram.com/p/jfs5DemKo3/

  14. #74
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    9,351
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Underdogz∞ View Post
    Me personally and I've said this before I prefer Free Agent pool over the Draft but thats just me. I prefer to spend money on and take risks on what we know a player has done at NFL level over the Collegiate level.

    This is one reason I thought the Saints snagging Hicks out of the Canadian league was very very progessive, smart, and a safer pick.


    Obviously, I understand teams must draft and if they can build through the draft they can do it cheaper possibly and can create some consistency in the longer term.
    I don't follow...can you explain the connection here?


    Cameron Jordan is awesome

    12.5 sacks and this http://instagram.com/p/jfs5DemKo3/

  15. #75
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    9,351
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Underdogz∞ View Post

    That said we really do need to address our backup QB sooner than later cause we can't forget how Brees contract balloons over the next few years and we dont know how thats gonna work out in 3 years or so.
    The time will come. Relatively soon. Not sure its this year, though.


    Cameron Jordan is awesome

    12.5 sacks and this http://instagram.com/p/jfs5DemKo3/

Page 5 of 37 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •