Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 37 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 546
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    9,351
    vCash
    1500

    Talking Way Too Early 2013 Draft Discussion

    Is it way too early to talk about the 2013 Draft? Yes

    Am I way too addicted to talking about draft prospects to care? Yes

    Let's do this *****! I know some of you guys watch college football! Who do you like? Which eligible prospects would you like to see in a Saints uniform? Where do you think the Saints will end up picking (since we HAVE A 1st round pick this time!!!!!) What positions do you think the Saints need help at?


    Cameron Jordan is awesome

    12.5 sacks and this http://instagram.com/p/jfs5DemKo3/

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    9,351
    vCash
    1500
    I'll start things off by saying that our two biggest problem areas, as several of us predicted right after the last draft, are Offensive Tackle and Defensive End. Defensive Tackle could also be important, especially if Sedrick Ellis leaves in free agency


    Cameron Jordan is awesome

    12.5 sacks and this http://instagram.com/p/jfs5DemKo3/

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    9,351
    vCash
    1500
    Here's a list of possible first round prospects based purely on what they've done so far, etc. List will definitely change based on the college season and I'll bold the guys who could end up in a range where they could wind up in New Orleans (anywhere from the late teens to #32 in round 1):

    Star Lotulelei, DT, Utah
    Jarvis Jones, OLB/DE, Georgia
    Sam Montgomery, DE, LSU
    Barkevious Mingo, DE/OLB, LSU
    Barrett Jones, T/G/C, Alabama
    Johnathan Hankins, DT, Ohio State
    Bjoern Werner, DE, Florida State
    Kawann Short, DT, Purdue
    Jackson Jeffcoat, DE, Texas
    Jake Matthews, OT, Texas A&M
    Luke Joeckel, OT, Texas A&M
    D.J. Fluker, OT/OG, Alabama
    Alex Okafor, DE, Texas
    Ricky Wagner, OT, Wisconsin
    Chris Faulk, OT, LSU
    Brennan Williams, OT, North Carolina
    Jonathan Cooper, OT, North Carolina


    I don't think that the unbolded guys will be available when the Saints pick, but a lot will happen between the draft and now. The Saints could tank, some of these guys could get injured (hell, Chris Faulk already got injured). If one of the unbolded guys fell, I think the Saints would take them in a heartbeat with the possible exception of Jonathan Hankins, as he might not fit the scheme too well
    Last edited by neovenator250; 09-13-2012 at 01:41 AM.


    Cameron Jordan is awesome

    12.5 sacks and this http://instagram.com/p/jfs5DemKo3/

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Baton Rouge, La
    Posts
    4,338
    vCash
    10394
    Quote Originally Posted by neovenator250 View Post
    Here's a list of possible first round prospects based purely on what they've done so far, etc. List will definitely change based on the college season and I'll bold the guys who could end up in a range where they could wind up in New Orleans (anywhere from the late teens to #32 in round 1):

    Star Lotulelei, DT, Utah
    Jarvis Jones, OLB/DE, Georgia
    Sam Montgomery, DE, LSU
    Barkevious Mingo, DE/OLB, LSU
    Barrett Jones, T/G/C, Alabama
    Johnathan Hankins, DT, Ohio State
    Bjoern Werner, DE, Florida State
    Kawann Short, DT, Purdue
    Jackson Jeffcoat, DE, Texas
    Jake Matthews, OT, Texas A&M
    Luke Joeckel, OT, Texas A&M
    D.J. Fluker, OT/OG, Alabama
    Alex Okafor, DE, Texas
    Ricky Wagner, OT, Wisconsin
    Chris Faulk, OT, LSU
    Brennan Williams, OT, North Carolina
    Jonathan Cooper, OT, North Carolina


    I don't think that the unbolded guys will be available when the Saints pick, but a lot will happen between the draft and now. The Saints could tank, some of these guys could get injured (hell, Chris Faulk already got injured). If one of the unbolded guys fell, I think the Saints would take them in a heartbeat with the possible exception of Jonathan Hankins, as he might not fit the scheme too well

    i dont follow much college, but i'd love to trade up for Barkevious Mingo. seems like that kid is always in a QB's face

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Brampton, Ontario
    Posts
    24,823
    vCash
    1500
    We need to address our pass rush and corners first and foremost.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    4,985
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by neovenator250 View Post
    Here's a list of possible first round prospects based purely on what they've done so far, etc. List will definitely change based on the college season and I'll bold the guys who could end up in a range where they could wind up in New Orleans (anywhere from the late teens to #32 in round 1):

    Star Lotulelei, DT, Utah
    Jarvis Jones, OLB/DE, Georgia
    Sam Montgomery, DE, LSU
    Barkevious Mingo, DE/OLB, LSU
    Barrett Jones, T/G/C, Alabama
    Johnathan Hankins, DT, Ohio State
    Bjoern Werner, DE, Florida State
    Kawann Short, DT, Purdue
    Jackson Jeffcoat, DE, Texas
    Jake Matthews, OT, Texas A&M
    Luke Joeckel, OT, Texas A&M
    D.J. Fluker, OT/OG, Alabama
    Alex Okafor, DE, Texas
    Ricky Wagner, OT, Wisconsin
    Chris Faulk, OT, LSU
    Brennan Williams, OT, North Carolina
    Jonathan Cooper, OT, North Carolina


    I don't think that the unbolded guys will be available when the Saints pick, but a lot will happen between the draft and now. The Saints could tank, some of these guys could get injured (hell, Chris Faulk already got injured). If one of the unbolded guys fell, I think the Saints would take them in a heartbeat with the possible exception of Jonathan Hankins, as he might not fit the scheme too well
    I would trade the farm for Montgomery. He's a ****ing manchild.

    If we took Mingo, he would play at LB and that's just not as big of an issue as DE and LT/RT. Trust me, it pains me to say that.

    This draft is very Tackle heavy...which is ****ing awesome because we are ****ing STRUGGLING at both Tackle positions. Wouldn't shock me if we drafted more than one next year.

    Chris Faulk's injury may have taken him out of the draft because he may have another year of eligibility added on because of how early the injury occurred. However...if he does come out, it may cause him to fall to us, as well. That would make me happy.

    Either Bama Tackle will do...but I love Jones. (He handled Montgomery for most of the Championship game, last year).

    I need to watch some A&M and UNC ball, scout all four Tackles.

    As much as we need DE too, I gotta say Tackle is the 1st round pick. Paying WAY too much money for Bushrod to be mediocre.

    Quote Originally Posted by JeffG20 View Post
    i dont follow much college, but i'd love to trade up for Barkevious Mingo. seems like that kid is always in a QB's face
    When I see him, I think Von Miller, but meaner.

    Quote Originally Posted by Underdogz∞ View Post
    I'd take Mingo over Jones too guess I'm an idiot too.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    4,985
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by T.O. RaPz--Le@F View Post
    We need to address our pass rush and corners first and foremost.
    Corners aren't the biggest need. We're only thin at the position due to injury, Greer and Robinson are the real deal. Also bare in mind that they are learning an entirely new system...this defense will take time to learn. Don't forget whom Spags was mentored by. It's extremely complex.

    I think Tackle needs the most help, but I'm not opposed to DE as long as it's a STUD that can start day 1.

    Quote Originally Posted by Underdogz∞ View Post
    I'd take Mingo over Jones too guess I'm an idiot too.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    9,351
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by MT3279 View Post
    I would trade the farm for Montgomery. He's a ****ing manchild.

    If we took Mingo, he would play at LB and that's just not as big of an issue as DE and LT/RT. Trust me, it pains me to say that.

    This draft is very Tackle heavy...which is ****ing awesome because we are ****ing STRUGGLING at both Tackle positions. Wouldn't shock me if we drafted more than one next year.

    Chris Faulk's injury may have taken him out of the draft because he may have another year of eligibility added on because of how early the injury occurred. However...if he does come out, it may cause him to fall to us, as well. That would make me happy.

    Either Bama Tackle will do...but I love Jones. (He handled Montgomery for most of the Championship game, last year).

    I need to watch some A&M and UNC ball, scout all four Tackles.

    As much as we need DE too, I gotta say Tackle is the 1st round pick. Paying WAY too much money for Bushrod to be mediocre.



    When I see him, I think Von Miller, but meaner.
    Montgomery: Yeah, I love him too. Just an absolute All-American Beast. No clue what was up with him not playing Game 1 this year.

    Bama Tackles: Barrett Jones is probably the best overall O-Lineman in the draft. He can literally play every position on the line, as he's switched from Left Tackle (where he dominated) to Center. Its not like this guy is being moved around because he's struggling. D.J. Fluker on the other hand, hasn't been very good for two games in a row now. His stock is falling after performing pretty badly against Western Kentucky and being only average against Michigan.

    Honestly, my favorite DE in the class MIGHT be Bjoern Werner. The German native absolutely exploded last year and he's continued that this season as well. He had something ridiculous like 4 sacks in the first game of the season. Unfortunately his equally strong bookend guy Brandon Jenkins is out for the season, so his numbers may take a dip as he see's an increase in attention from O-Lines.

    Texas A&M Tackles: These are my favorites right now. Luke Joeckel and Jake Matthews are both awesome blockers especially in the run game and improving in the passing game. Both could stand to add a little more strength, but their stock could benefit from strong performances in their new SEC schedule. The South Carolina, Alabama, and LSU games will be important to watch for these guys. Both have the skill set to play Left and Right Tackle in the NFL, though Matthews is the RT in college. Both entered the starting lineup as freshmen (Joeckel struggled slightly at first). Matthews has one of the greatest bloodlines ever, as he is the son of one of my favorite players ever (and definitely my favorite O-Lineman, just edging out Willie Roaf), Hall of Famer Bruce F***ing Matthews.

    North Carolina Tackles: I honestly included these guys in the list because tandems are the theme this year, lol. They're both 2nd day picks rather than 1st rounders.

    Yeah, you hit the nail on the head MT. This draft is loaded with Tackles (assuming a lot of these guys don't stay for their senior seasons. Wisconsin's Ricky Wagner is the top Senior Tackle, followed by LSU's Alex Hurst. Both of them may be better suited for the RT spot.
    Last edited by neovenator250; 09-13-2012 at 09:25 AM.


    Cameron Jordan is awesome

    12.5 sacks and this http://instagram.com/p/jfs5DemKo3/

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    9,351
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by MT3279 View Post
    Corners aren't the biggest need. We're only thin at the position due to injury, Greer and Robinson are the real deal. Also bare in mind that they are learning an entirely new system...this defense will take time to learn. Don't forget whom Spags was mentored by. It's extremely complex.

    I think Tackle needs the most help, but I'm not opposed to DE as long as it's a STUD that can start day 1.
    Haven't heard anything about how Johnny Patrick is doing, but I think he's legit as well at the nickel spot.


    Cameron Jordan is awesome

    12.5 sacks and this http://instagram.com/p/jfs5DemKo3/

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    4,985
    vCash
    1500
    Wait...wait...WAIT!!!

    That's Bruce's son? **** it, first pick of the draft!

    That bloodline is just magnificent.

    Quote Originally Posted by Underdogz∞ View Post
    I'd take Mingo over Jones too guess I'm an idiot too.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    9,351
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by MT3279 View Post
    Wait...wait...WAIT!!!

    That's Bruce's son? **** it, first pick of the draft!

    That bloodline is just magnificent.
    I KNOW RIGHT?!?!?! I'm making the trip out to College Station when LSU plays A&M basically because I'm dying to see this kid in person


    Cameron Jordan is awesome

    12.5 sacks and this http://instagram.com/p/jfs5DemKo3/

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    308
    vCash
    1500
    Being a Miss State alum I certainly wouldnt mind seeing Jonathan Banks(CB) in a Saints uniform.

    2012 Stats
    63 Tackles, 3 INTs, 18 PDs, 1 Sack, 1 FF, 1 TD

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    New Orleans, LA.
    Posts
    4,642
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by MT3279 View Post
    Wait...wait...WAIT!!!

    That's Bruce's son? **** it, first pick of the draft!

    That bloodline is just magnificent.
    Thats big time bloodlines!
    I officially now have a "Stephen" following me!


    From my Stephen-
    "Ya damn near ran one of the most ride or die for the Saint fans on here. But that's ok, all that gon change!"
    "I'm gon get with ya every time u try to disrespect other Saints fans!"
    "I wish he opens his mouth!"
    "It's a new day Saints Forum!"

    http://youtu.be/7AjWj91B7fo

    Time Will Tell My Accuracy's
    _______________
    99.9%

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Land Mass between Ala. and La.
    Posts
    1,540
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGeneral View Post
    Being a Miss State alum I certainly wouldnt mind seeing Jonathan Banks(CB) in a Saints uniform.
    Hell yes and #Hailstate , Banks is pure shut down, would love it.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    9,351
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Sams View Post
    Hell yes and #Hailstate , Banks is pure shut down, would love it.


    sorry, still nauseous about Saturday. Thank Christ I was raised an LSU fan, because I couldn't take that happening again


    Cameron Jordan is awesome

    12.5 sacks and this http://instagram.com/p/jfs5DemKo3/

Page 1 of 37 12311 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •