Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Thread: Tyrann Mathieu

vCash

Tyrann Mathieu

I was gonna stick this in the Draft discussions but I think this could be a huge move if we are willing to make the move.

I know we briefly discussed this before, but guys are you sure you don't think this is a high reward maybe medium risk move here?

We draft a 1st round talent in the 3rd in Mathieu and it alleviates pressure to draft for the secondary in earlier rounds.

If he is too small, then it also gives us a returner cause Cadet needs to improve imo before Im cool with him being the main guy.

Bottom line I think we should contact Tyrann Mathieu soonest.
    LET'S ROLL SAINTS!!!

vCash
    I like Tyrann Mathieu a lot. The dude is entertaining as hell, insanely fun to watch play the game, and seems like a good kid from the few times I've run into him on campus. The worst thing in the world for him would be to get drafted by us and stay in Louisiana. he needs to go someplace far away from the kind of people he'll inevitably hang out with around here. Go to New England, Seattle, San Diego or something.

Cameron Jordan is awesome

12.5 sacks and this http://instagram.com/p/jfs5DemKo3/

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by neovenator250 View Post
    I like Tyrann Mathieu a lot. The dude is entertaining as hell, insanely fun to watch play the game, and seems like a good kid from the few times I've run into him on campus. The worst thing in the world for him would be to get drafted by us and stay in Louisiana. he needs to go someplace far away from the kind of people he'll inevitably hang out with around here. Go to New England, Seattle, San Diego or something.
    Agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by Underdogz∞ View Post
    I'd take Mingo over Jones too guess I'm an idiot too.

vCash
    Agreed!
    I officially now have a "Stephen" following me!

From my Stephen-
    "Ya damn near ran one of the most ride or die for the Saint fans on here. But that's ok, all that gon change!"
    "I'm gon get with ya every time u try to disrespect other Saints fans!"
    "I wish he opens his mouth!"
    "It's a new day Saints Forum!"

http://youtu.be/7AjWj91B7fo

Time Will Tell My Accuracy's

vCash
    Denver or Seattle should take a flier on him.

vCash
    This maybe my LSU pride talking but if we were to trade down and get another pick I say yes grab him. If it stays the sam I say no. I don't buy the to small thing though. I live in Cincinnati now so I see Pac Man manage why can't he?

BAD DIRTY BIRD

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nobreed504 View Post
    This maybe my LSU pride talking but if we were to trade down and get another pick I say yes grab him. If it stays the sam I say no. I don't buy the to small thing though. I live in Cincinnati now so I see Pac Man manage why can't he?
    We all are saying that for his best interest he needs to leave the state! Plus Honey Badger needs to roam around like Polamalu!

From my Stephen-
    "Ya damn near ran one of the most ride or die for the Saint fans on here. But that's ok, all that gon change!"

vCash
    Yea I definitely definitely agree that sometimes going away can help a person stay out of trouble.

Someone will take him and love it. I want it to be us N.O. will look out for him if they were to see him out in the City wilding out right?

But I'm not so sure that the kid has any real issues he just got caught doing what a lot of players do. Once again media and our society has hyped something and made an issue of it.

Idk I just think is much less of an off the field issue than this or especially this

Besides he seems to really understand in his interviews I think this was enough to teach him some things.

He doesn't strike me as a Pac man or especially not a Maurice Clarett
    Last edited by Underdogz∞; 01-16-2013 at 02:39 PM.
    LET'S ROLL SAINTS!!!

vCash
    Yea I definitely definitely agree that sometimes going away can help a person stay out of trouble.

Someone will take him and love it. I want it to be us N.O. will look out for him if they were to see him out in the City wilding out right?

But I'm not so sure that the kid has any real issues he just got caught doing what a lot of players do. Once again media and our society has hyped something and made an issue of it.

Idk I just think is much less of an off the field issue than this or especially this

Besides he seems to really understand in his interviews I think this was enough to teach him some things.

He doesn't strike me as a Pac man or especially not a Maurice Clarett
    Yea right! Just like they looked out for Sean Payton, Craig Iron Head, George Rogers, Chuck Muncie, ....must I go on? Under chill out, let that kid leave the state so he could flourish in his NFL career. Hopefully into the Hall, but hey...

From my Stephen-

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BIGBREED View Post
    Yea right! Just like they looked out for Sean Payton, Craig Iron Head, George Rogers, Chuck Muncie, ....must I go on? Under chill out, let that kid leave the state so he could flourish in his NFL career. Hopefully into the Hall, but hey...
    Well you know your city so I take your word.

I hate to be cold but even in knowing what you are saying I'd still draft him especially in the 3rd round too! Hell yes.

Don't get me wrong Id get him a mentor etc. but if he failed in life I'd still be like it was worth the risk just from a business approach.

That's cold I know but hey again what if the kid got his stuff together it'd be awesome for home games for him and his family and the fans I think he'd be incredibly popular it would be a lot of pressure tho.

Wish him the best tho. If his name is called by NO I'll be happy and pray for him to make the right decisions in the Big Easy.
    LET'S ROLL SAINTS!!!

vCash
    Well you know your city so I take your word.

I hate to be cold but even in knowing what you are saying I'd still draft him especially in the 3rd round too! Hell yes.

Don't get me wrong Id get him a mentor etc. but if he failed in life I'd still be like it was worth the risk just from a business approach.

That's cold I know but hey again what if the kid got his stuff together it'd be awesome for home games for him and his family and the fans I think he'd be incredibly popular it would be a lot of pressure tho.

Wish him the best tho. If his name is called by NO I'll be happy and pray for him to make the right decisions in the Big Easy.
    I would be praying for him also Under, but that mentoring schit for a grown azz man with NFL money is only setting back the inevitable! They're men, and you can't babysit a man with money!

From my Stephen-

vCash
    I would be praying for him also Under, but that mentoring schit for a grown azz man with NFL money is only setting back the inevitable! They're men, and you can't babysit a man with money!
    Yeah, look at JaMarcus Russell. At LSU, he had Jimbo Fisher, Les Miles, etc. telling him what he needed to do and providing direction. In Oakland they gave him $50 million dollars and said be our QB. There isn't much of a support system in the NFL

vCash
    Yeah, look at JaMarcus Russell. At LSU, he had Jimbo Fisher, Les Miles, etc. telling him what he needed to do and providing direction. In Oakland they gave him $50 million dollars and said be our QB. There isn't much of a support system in the NFL
    Don't you just hate when they go broke. But in all honesty if I had that kind of experience at 21 Idk if I could've handled it right either.
    LET'S ROLL SAINTS!!!

vCash
    Don't you just hate when they go broke. But in all honesty if I had that kind of experience at 21 Idk if I could've handled it right either.
    Agreed!

From my Stephen-

vCash
    especially hard on these guys who grew up with nothing to suddenly have everything within their reach.