So I did a league-wide poll of the current GMs to get their opinions on who are the top 10 GMs thus far for this sim.
The results are slightly disappointing because I only got 14 responses (myself included), so that is what we're going with.
How it worked is each spot is assigned a point total (1st place = 10, 2nd place = 9, etc... all the way until 10th place = 1) and then the total of all the votes is added up. If somebody voted for themselves, that vote was not counted and basically just considered an empty spot.
1. Team Name - Total Points (Number of 1st place votes) (High ranking, Low ranking)
*Note: Since a team rankings themselves counted as a 0, that obviously doesn't count as a NR in the "low ranking".
1. Flyin - 108 points (5) (H: 1st, L: NR)
2. Carter - 106 points (2) (H: 1st, L: 8th)
3. Baller - 59 points (2) (H: 1st, L: NR)
T-4. Tym - 58 points (1) (H: 1st, L: NR)
T-4. Dhop - 58 points (0) (H: 4th, L: NR)
6. Rob - 53 points (1) (H: 1st, L: NR)
7. Jon - 51 points (1) (H: 1st, L: NR)
8. Zb & Greg - 41 points (0) (H: 3rd, L: NR)
9. D1Rose - 36 points (0) (H: 3rd, L: NR)
10. BullsNumber1Fan - 32 points (0) (H: 3rd, L: NR)
Other receiving votes:
Marv - 27 (1), Riv - 24, Phlp - 19, A.Mopp - 16, Beezy - 12, Rip - 12, MGB/Futuro - 11, DC - 9, Homie - 9, Brent - 4.
MGB/Futuro - I think what hurts them in these rankings is that neither of them are very active. However they have the most regular season wins thus far and a finals appearance to accompany it. They started with a very strong team but have made great acquisitions with Andre Miller and Marcus Camby.
Runner-up: DC - 2nd most wins, but a playoff record of under .500.
Homie - I don't understand how he got a 2nd place vote, but he did.
- It's cool how the 2 commishes ended up being exactly tied in points.
- There was such a wide variety of answers and rankings as you can see but all the "others".
- Recent performance was rewarded more so than earlier performance. Flyin got a ton of votes since he had just won, but there were 3 other teams who won as well and have had as good or better overall success.
- Finally, I got a ton of votes even though I haven't won anything, so based solely on my roster. I was also the only GM to be ranked in everyone's list (aside from my own), however I don't think I deserved that compared to some other GMs.