Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 9 of 68 FirstFirst ... 78910111959 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chacha77 View Post
    Denards stock will rise or fall depending on what position he works out for at the combine and pro day. If he works out as a QB he will go higher than the late 3rd round. If he works out at receiver he could go in the second round. I see him being taken late 3rd early 4th. He provides not only the ability to be a returner/receiver/rb but you can also build a formation around him like denver did with tim tebow with denard as the qb. And if you ran him on a sweep you would not be able to jump on him until he crosses the line of scrimmage because he could just dump it over the top. He also could go on the depth chart as a back up or third string QB. Having him there opens up so many possibilities. He also allows you to keep depth at other positions. He could go down as a fourth or fifth receiver, 3rd QB, 3rd RB, and KR/PR. Thats 3-5 people mixed into one player instead of having 3 or four people on your roster it gives you room to keep another player at almost every other section of your team. An extra o and d lineman, linebacker, and secondary player would never hurt. He is never going to be a great QB but he has the potential to be one of the best multi-purpose players of all time.
    I hope it was a misquote saying if he works out as qb he will go late 3rd...if he comes in saying he is a qb he will be hard pressed to be picked before round 6(can not read defenses, terrible footwork). I don't know if you have noticed this but gimmick qb don't work int he NFL(if they did the Jets(who's offense is terrible) would play tebow all the time or more than 1-2 snaps a game)). If he wants to stick in the nfl he will have to pick a position and that is more than likely going to have to wr(where he gets picked will depend how well he shows he can catch the ball). Guys who have to play multiple positions are back ups and don't play a whole lot and are not worth a top 3 round pick.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ****ed in DET View Post
    Last year the Lions screwed up their 2nd pick.
    The year before the Lions screwed up their 2nd pick.
    In 2010 the Lions screwed up their 2nd pick.
    In 2008 the Lions screwed up their 2nd pick.
    In 2007 the Lions screwed up their 2nd pick.
    The Lions often screw up their 2nd pick.
    The Lions will screw up their 2013 2nd pick.

Picking Denard Robinson in the second round is a mistake.
    Making a mistake in the draft is screwing up.
    Teams picking Robinson in the second round will be screwing up.

The Lions will pick Denard Robinson because it will be a mistake/screw-up and the Lions screw up with their second pick.
    Let things play out before you say Broyles was a wasted pick. And Leshoure looks to be exactly what we need. Titus is a bit of a disappointment but I wonder if the knee injury he has been dealing with is more of a problem then they are letting on.

I don't get why people want Denard. Too fragile to handle RB, never played WR and even if he did, where would he fit? Can't throw worth a lick and we have Stafford. Taking Stafford off the field in favor of Denard is a terrible idea. It'd be a dumb pick.

I've had this LSU/Texas A&M game on in the background. Gonna pay more attention in the 2nd half mainly on these LSU defensive ends and Eric Reid.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StriveGreatness View Post
    Let things play out before you say Broyles was a wasted pick. And Leshoure looks to be exactly what we need. Titus is a bit of a disappointment but I wonder if the knee injury he has been dealing with is more of a problem then they are letting on.

I don't get why people want Denard. Too fragile to handle RB, never played WR and even if he did, where would he fit? Can't throw worth a lick and we have Stafford. Taking Stafford off the field in favor of Denard is a terrible idea. It'd be a dumb pick.

I've had this LSU/Texas A&M game on in the background. Gonna pay more attention in the 2nd half mainly on these LSU defensive ends and Eric Reid.
    Titus was the 2nd rounder I meant.
    2013 PSD Lions Forum Fantasy Football Champion

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blujaysrock View Post
    http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ssf...draft_w_5.html

We need to draft this guy, exactly what we need. Let Hanson just kick FGs
    I would be so happy..

Glad someone is finally on the wagon of no more hanson kickoffs with me!

Off-season Sucks

vCash
    Here's what we need to address in the Draft:

* Jahvid Best replacement. I don't see anyone in this Draft that quite has the game breaking ability that Best has but a couple of guys that I think would fit well on this team are Kenjon Barner and Mike Gillislee. Both are probably mid round guys at this point.

* Jimmy Graham type tight end. I've had enough of Pettigrew and it hurts to say as I was a huge fan. His blocking is getting severely overrated by many, he has mental lapses, he's lazy and isn't a big play guy.

* Offensive line. Reiff looks like he's going to be a good one, particularly in run blocking and Sims can be good at times but Backus and Raiola need to go. I don't know why some Lion fans think Backus is good. he nearly got Stafford killed again last night by just standing there like an idiot. And we all know Raiola is terrible in all facets of the game...

Barrett Jones can play all 5 positions along the line so he would be a good fit. I also like the Texas A&M offensive tackles. They handled Mingo and Montgomery pretty well on Saturday.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StriveGreatness View Post
    Here's what we need to address in the Draft:

* Jahvid Best replacement. I don't see anyone in this Draft that quite has the game breaking ability that Best has but a couple of guys that I think would fit well on this team are Kenjon Barner and Mike Gillislee. Both are probably mid round guys at this point.

I agree. I like Onterio McCalebb as well and he can return kicks. Runs in the 4.3s so he's got speed.

* Jimmy Graham type tight end. I've had enough of Pettigrew and it hurts to say as I was a huge fan. His blocking is getting severely overrated by many, he has mental lapses, he's lazy and isn't a big play guy.

I agree again. A guy I like is Joseph Fauria, don't really know of any other TEs in the draft

* Offensive line. Reiff looks like he's going to be a good one, particularly in run blocking and Sims can be good at times but Backus and Raiola need to go. I don't know why some Lion fans think Backus is good. he nearly got Stafford killed again last night by just standing there like an idiot. And we all know Raiola is terrible in all facets of the game...

Barrett Jones can play all 5 positions along the line so he would be a good fit. I also like the Texas A&M offensive tackles. They handled Mingo and Montgomery pretty well on Saturday.

I actually think Gosder should be re-signed and we'll have Reiff replace Backus. We'd still have Fox and Hilliard if one of them went down and even drafting another T in the mid rounds would help. Jones is suppose to go 1st round isn't he? If we somehow get a shot at Luke Joeckel, we need to take him. Him and Reiff would anchor this line for the next 10 years. 1 of them would emerge as a franchise LT and the other plays RT
    see bold
    "The way they play offense here is difficult for any quarterback," he said. "Every snap is an incredible decision. They're in a one-back offense, they can't run the ball against certain looks so they have to audible to some kind of a pass or a creative run to get away from trouble.
    "There's never a play in the game where Stafford can just turn around, hand the ball off and catch his breath. Every play he's researching the defense and they throw as much as anyone."

vCash
    Offseason: If possible capwise - Houston, Delmas, and Levy need to be the top priorities IMO. I would like Gosder back as well. Let Durant walk, let Williams walk. If economically feasible (dont know how the contracts are structured and all that jazz) cut Backus, cut Burleson, and cut KVB. This team is going to be a lot different next year IMO.
    2013 Adopt-A-Lion: Nick Fairley

vCash
    Isn't the TE from MSU like the best TE in this class? IDK...we do need am actual play maker opposite of Mr. Fumbles

vCash
    Isn't the TE from MSU like the best TE in this class? IDK...we do need am actual play maker opposite of Mr. Fumbles

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JWO35 View Post
    Sims?...yeah he is a beast and a heck of a playmaker. His off the field issues should have him falling to the later part of the draft as well...unless the Pats feel they need a 3rd TE.

vCash
    see bold
    Quote Originally Posted by FortDetroit View Post
    Offseason: If possible capwise - Houston, Delmas, and Levy need to be the top priorities IMO. I would like Gosder back as well. Let Durant walk, let Williams walk. If economically feasible (dont know how the contracts are structured and all that jazz) cut Backus, cut Burleson, and cut KVB. This team is going to be a lot different next year IMO.
    What do you guys see in Gosder? Terrible player with a pea sized brain.

vCash
    I think he's solid if unspectacular.
    2013 Adopt-A-Lion: Nick Fairley

vCash
    Gosdner seems to be playing solid this season...I would say he is possibly the best all around talent on the oline that we currently have. Sims is unimpressive this year in the running game, I thought he was going to be better but he just doesn't get the push you would expect from a guy his size.

vCash
    see bold
    They’ll probably draft 2 WRs and a DT.
    2013 PSD Lions Forum Fantasy Football Champion

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ****ed in DET View Post
    They’ll probably draft 2 WRs and a DT.
    Doubt it, but Burleson's probably done so is C Will. So we'll have openings for both. Wouldn't mind a big WR opposite Calvin
    "The way they play offense here is difficult for any quarterback," he said. "Every snap is an incredible decision. They're in a one-back offense, they can't run the ball against certain looks so they have to audible to some kind of a pass or a creative run to get away from trouble.
    "There's never a play in the game where Stafford can just turn around, hand the ball off and catch his breath. Every play he's researching the defense and they throw as much as anyone."

Page 9 of 68 FirstFirst ... 78910111959 ... LastLast