Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 68 of 68 FirstFirst ... 1858666768
Results 1,006 to 1,019 of 1019
  1. #1006
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Flint Town
    Posts
    5,644
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by OkieLionsFan View Post
    Is there even a remote thought that Cunningham would move out of the Wide 9 and into a hybrid 4-3??? This Bjoern Werner guy looks like a JJ Watt/Matthews kind of player!!! I think we absolutely need that. Why can't we just get rid of Cunningham?! Ugh! Never mind, the thought of our "awesome" D-Coordinator is bringing me back down. Either way my top 4 draftees are Werner, Milliner, Moore then Jones.
    Dog I been sayin this all year. Thank you. He reminds me if watt justin smith Jared Allen type. Dude is way better than Moore in my eyes.
    Joique Bell
    WHOOP!

  2. #1007
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    464
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by JMDTM View Post
    Dog I been sayin this all year. Thank you. He reminds me if watt justin smith Jared Allen type. Dude is way better than Moore in my eyes.
    I've been watching highlights and the guy is a flipping stud!!! Werner, Suh and Fairley? WOWSERS!!!!!

  3. #1008
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Sacramento, CA.
    Posts
    25,298
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by OkieLionsFan View Post
    I've been watching highlights and the guy is a flipping stud!!! Werner, Suh and Fairley? WOWSERS!!!!!
    I dont follow college all that much but this dude sounds like a beast. I'll you tube his highlight later on.
    Don't just read our posts, JOIN US! click here
    2011 AND 2012 JWE & Strives Lions prediction game Champion
    Lions Forum: 5 Time OTT Winner#1,#6,#10, #12 & #14
    Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    Lffs is the master at going from goofball to boss

  4. #1009
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    464
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Lionsfanfromsac View Post
    I dont follow college all that much but this dude sounds like a beast. I'll you tube his highlight later on.
    He's f***ing German!!!! A high motored f***ing German!!!

  5. #1010
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    464
    vCash
    1500
    I like Jarvis Jones. The only problem is he has a degenerative spinal injury which could be a huge issue.

  6. #1011
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Flint Town
    Posts
    5,644
    vCash
    1500
    Resign Houston, Delmas, Heller, Sam Hill, C will, lo jack
    Sign Antoine Cason CB

    Rumors of not using wide 9(as much or at all I don't know)
    I say we use a hybrid set. It would be perfect for our defense and would throw off a teams rhythm on offense.


    Trade our 5th pick, a 5th and 6th rounder, and a future 3rd to the Rams for both their 1sts and their 2nd( they will be a team looking to deal with 2 more 1sts next year and a boat load of talent already. Gotta love Fisher).


    trade back from 22 to 28, throw in a future 5th, get a 3rd.

    16. Chance Warmack Guard Alabama.
    28. Matt Elam S Florida.
    2. Margas Hunt DE/OLB SMU
    2. Trade down into the 3rd, also get a 4th.
    3. Chase Thomas OLB/ILB/DE Stanford.
    3. Chris Faulk OT LSU.
    3. Travis Frederick C/OG Wisconsin.
    4. Shayne Skov ILB/OLB Stanford.
    4. Zeke Motta S Notre Dame.
    4comp. Kenyon Barner RB Oregon.
    7. Quention Dial DE/DT Alabama.


    You can run all kinds of sets on defense now. We aren't strictly a 4-3 or 3-4

    Stafford, Hill, Moore
    Leshoure, Barner, Bell
    Calvin, Titus, broyles, Burleson, mike Thomas(we have like 12 more wrs under contract)
    Pettigrew, scheffler, heller
    Reiff, Fox, Faulk, Backus, Hilliard
    Sims, Warmack, Frederick Nagy 26

    Hunt, KVB, Ronnell, Willie, lo jack, Thomas, Dial
    Suh, fairley, Sam Hill, c will, Dial

    Tulloch, Skov, Thomas, Whitehead, Palmer, Travis Lewis(inside linebacker competition).
    Skov, Thomas, Hunt, Whitehead, Travis Lewis, Ronnell Lewis, Willie, lo jack(outside backer competition
    - we can easily field a 4-3 and have tons of options to field a 3-4

    Houston, Cason, Green, Bentley, Greenwood, Carey
    Delmas, Elam, Motta, Silva, Carey, Greenwood(options at safety) 26

    Mulbach, Hanson, and a punter make it 55.
    Joique Bell
    WHOOP!

  7. #1012
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Dirty Mitten
    Posts
    14,624
    vCash
    1500
    Trade our 5th pick, a 5th and 6th rounder, and a future 3rd to the Rams for both their 1sts and their 2nd
    Sounds pretty hopeful...

    Off-season Sucks

  8. #1013
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    GP, MI
    Posts
    6,230
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by OkieLionsFan View Post
    I like Jarvis Jones. The only problem is he has a degenerative spinal injury which could be a huge issue.
    Injury history aside, he simply doesn't fit our scheme. Don't see lions going with him even if he's there at # 5


    "Last year, we earned respect, but this year we want fear. We want quarterbacks to fear us, and we want offensive lines to fear us." --Ndamokung Suh

  9. #1014
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Flint Town
    Posts
    5,644
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by cwick925 View Post
    Sounds pretty hopeful...
    Ya think. Someone else said Titus the 5th or 5th 6th and 7th and ppl say maybe.

    Why not the 5th, 5th 6th and a future 3rd. Especially for a team who has 2 more 1 st rounders next year. They could land Werner and a LB and their defense would be pretty damn good
    Joique Bell
    WHOOP!

  10. #1015
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Modesto, CA
    Posts
    236
    vCash
    1500
    Compensatory picks

    In addition to the 32 selections in each of the seven rounds, a total of 32 compensatory picks are awarded to teams that have lost more or better compensatory free agents than they signed in the previous year.[58] Teams that gain and lose the same number of players but lose higher-valued players than they gain also can be awarded a pick, but only in the seventh round, after the other compensatory picks. Compensatory picks cannot be traded, and the placement of the picks is determined by a proprietary formula based on the player's salary, playing time, and postseason honors with his new team, with salary being the primary factor. So, for example, a team that lost a linebacker who signed for $2.5 million per year in free agency might get a sixth-round compensatory pick, while a team that lost a wide receiver who signed for $5 million per year might receive a fourth-round pick. awarded at the ends of Rounds 3 through 7

    If fewer than 32 such picks are awarded, the remaining picks are awarded in the order in which teams would pick in a hypothetical eighth round of the draft (These are known as "supplemental compensatory selections").

    Compensatory picks are awarded each year at the NFL annual meeting which is held at the end of March; typically, about three or four weeks before the draft.

  11. #1016
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    474
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by JMDTM View Post
    Resign Houston, Delmas, Heller, Sam Hill, C will, lo jack
    Sign Antoine Cason CB

    Rumors of not using wide 9(as much or at all I don't know)
    I say we use a hybrid set. It would be perfect for our defense and would throw off a teams rhythm on offense.


    Trade our 5th pick, a 5th and 6th rounder, and a future 3rd to the Rams for both their 1sts and their 2nd( they will be a team looking to deal with 2 more 1sts next year and a boat load of talent already. Gotta love Fisher).


    trade back from 22 to 28, throw in a future 5th, get a 3rd.

    16. Chance Warmack Guard Alabama.
    28. Matt Elam S Florida.
    2. Margas Hunt DE/OLB SMU
    2. Trade down into the 3rd, also get a 4th.
    3. Chase Thomas OLB/ILB/DE Stanford.
    3. Chris Faulk OT LSU.
    3. Travis Frederick C/OG Wisconsin.
    4. Shayne Skov ILB/OLB Stanford.
    4. Zeke Motta S Notre Dame.
    4comp. Kenyon Barner RB Oregon.
    7. Quention Dial DE/DT Alabama.


    You can run all kinds of sets on defense now. We aren't strictly a 4-3 or 3-4

    Stafford, Hill, Moore
    Leshoure, Barner, Bell
    Calvin, Titus, broyles, Burleson, mike Thomas(we have like 12 more wrs under contract)
    Pettigrew, scheffler, heller
    Reiff, Fox, Faulk, Backus, Hilliard
    Sims, Warmack, Frederick Nagy 26

    Hunt, KVB, Ronnell, Willie, lo jack, Thomas, Dial
    Suh, fairley, Sam Hill, c will, Dial

    Tulloch, Skov, Thomas, Whitehead, Palmer, Travis Lewis(inside linebacker competition).
    Skov, Thomas, Hunt, Whitehead, Travis Lewis, Ronnell Lewis, Willie, lo jack(outside backer competition
    - we can easily field a 4-3 and have tons of options to field a 3-4

    Houston, Cason, Green, Bentley, Greenwood, Carey
    Delmas, Elam, Motta, Silva, Carey, Greenwood(options at safety) 26

    Mulbach, Hanson, and a punter make it 55.
    I don't wanna re-sign all those guys though and I doubt STL trades up to us. There's not a guy worthy of that for them to trade 2 1st rounders for. Their positional needs would be easily filled and better justified taking their guys at 16 and 22.

    I say re-sign all our RFAs, Houston, Heller, SLH, and Lo-Jack
    Re-negotiate Suh and Stafford
    Cut KVB, Raiola, Best, and Burleson
    Trade Titus Young for a 6th rounder
    Tender Avril, but let him walk (receive a 3rd rounder)
    Sign Michael Johnson and Jairus Byrd
    Draft 1. Dee Milliner CB, 2. Barrett Jones OC 3. Arthur Brown OLB, 3. Bacarri Rambo SS 4. Johnathan Brown OLB 5. Tank Carradine DE 6. Brad Wing P 6. Anthony Rashad White DT 7. Mike Gillislee RB 7. Mike Sturgis K

    Stafford, Hill, Moore
    LeShoure, Bell, Gillislee, Smith
    Johnson, Young, Broyles, Thomas, Robiske
    Scheffler, Pettigrew, Heller
    Backus, Fox, Reiff, Hilliard
    Jones, Sims, Peterman, Nagy,
    That's 23 on offense

    Suh, Fairley, SLH, White
    Johnson, Young, Jackson, Carradine, Lewis
    Tulloch, Brown, Brown, Whitehead, Palmer, Lewis
    Houston, Milliner, Greenwood, Green, Bentley, Spievey
    Rambo, Byrd, Coleman, Wendling, Carey, Silva, Spievey
    That's 27 on defense

    Wing, Sturgis, Muhlbach
    That's 3 special teamers, with Gillislee returning kicks
    That's 53, cause you have a 53-man roster, not 55.

    You stay in the 4-3, but a more traditional, with 2-5-4, 1-5-5, 3-4, nickel, and dime variations. No more wide 9. You have your NT (1-tech), DT (3-tech), a 5-tech DE, and a 7-tech DE. Occasionally the 5-tech slides and you have two 7-techs, but otherwise, why create 2-gap holes between your DTs and DEs? You're asking to get gashed
    Last edited by sportzfreak9303; 01-19-2013 at 03:11 AM.
    Detroit Muscle

  12. #1017
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Ann Arbor
    Posts
    1,210
    vCash
    1500
    If the lions dont draft milliner I think it will be a major fail.

    Everyone gets better when you have a elite corner.

    Delmas gets better.

    He wont have to worry about that side of the field.

    Makes life easier.

    Take any player from Alabama in the second round haha or teo if hes there

  13. #1018
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Ann Arbor
    Posts
    1,210
    vCash
    1500
    Actually, just learned about werner.

    prett tough to decide between werner and milliner. Either guy I'd be happy. Werner makes sense bc avril is to expensive. Milliner makes sense bc of no talent back there.

    My draft hopefully looks like:

    1) werner or milliner
    2) barret jones
    3)alvin bailey
    4)nico johnson

  14. #1019
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    63,047
    vCash
    2000
    Holy shat this one went over 1000. Next one here:



Page 68 of 68 FirstFirst ... 1858666768

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •