Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 43 of 68 FirstFirst ... 33414243444553 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mc18641 View Post
    Delmas isn't signing anywhere for anything less than around 7M/season. He is out half the season since his rookie year with injuries.

Delmas is by far the most over-rated player in our defense. He shows "flashes" if talent the same way Drew Stanton did at QB when there was a support base back then with people wanting him to be the starter.

Delmas can be decent when he is healthy....but he will never be able to stay on the field with the way he plays. He is the next Bob Sanders IMO (and others have already made that comparison as well).
    The franchise tag for a safety will only be around 6.4M so I don't think he's going to be making more than that... The guy is really in no position to demand a big contract with his injury concerns. Losing Delmas would hurt quite a bit, especially if he can remain healthy for a full season.

I think he'll be re-signed here for a 2 year deal worth around 8-9M with quite a few incentives involved based on games played, etc.

And I think Avril is more overrated than Delmas. Avril has really got the quietest 9.5 sacks ever and has been shut down and disappeared far to often for an apparent top DE (the money he wants would say he's a top DE in the league, which he's not).

vCash
    Delmas is definitely over rated. It took him 3 years to learn how to tackle and now he never plays. His is slightly above average even when he's healthy.
    #66 LaAdrian Waddle

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ****ed in DET View Post
    Delmas is definitely over rated. It took him 3 years to learn how to tackle and now he never plays. His is slightly above average even when he's healthy.
    I agree, but when you have guys like Wendling, Coleman, CC Brown, Carey, Chris Harris, Silva starting at S, Delmas looks like a Pro Bowler next to them.

If Delmas leaves, we better be bringing in a top S FA (not necessarily the top) and drafting one in the first 3 rounds. Can't go into next season with what we equal to what we had this year.

vCash
    Bottom line...if you want to keep Delmas, you're gonna have to pay him based on his flashes of great play, and his loads of promise.

The Lions secondary is so bare that they just might take the risk, but I for one hope they look elsewhere. I liked Delmas as a rookie, but since then, every time I read his name somewhere, it follows with disappointment. It's time to cut our losses and move on. We can't afford the luxury of taking risks, like a team like New England. We just don't have the depth for that.

2013 & 2014 Lions Forum Draft Prediction Game Champion

Post of the decade:
    Quote Originally Posted by ****ed in DET View Post
    Tulloch:

vCash
    Delmas is going to seek (and probably get) a contract of 4 years @23-26M range.

Avril is gonna seek a contract of 5 years @ 42-44M range.

There is no way we are gonna keep Houston. He will want an identical contract as to what Eric Wright got last season going to TB.....and he isn't worth it.

I think the franchise tag should go to Levy if needed with Delmas as the second option. Both tags are cheap.....but as I said Delmas may be the most OVER-rated player on our defense, Levy is probably the most UNDER-rated player. Levy will be missed if we lose him.

Another FA that no one talks about is Cherilus. Gosder has actually done a nice job this season IMO and as long as we can keep his cap number where it is now (roughly 2-3M/season), we should keep him. I would not be upset at all if we signed Gosder to a 4 year, 12-13M contract. Reiff on the LT, Gosder on the RT (with Fox as backup) will have our tackles set for a long time.
    Last edited by mc18641; 12-30-2012 at 01:01 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mc18641 View Post
    Delmas is going to seek (and probably get) a contract of 4 years @23-26M range.

Avril is gonna seek a contract of 5 years @ 42-44M range.

There is no way we are gonna keep Houston. He will want an identical contract as to what Eric Wright got last season going to TB.....and he isn't worth it.

I think the franchise tag should go to Levy if needed with Delmas as the second option. Both tags are cheap.....but as I said Delmas may be the most OVER-rated player on our defense, Levy is probably the most UNDER-rated player. Levy will be missed if we lose him.
    Delmas isn't going to get 6.5 per. That's just insane... Well if he does get it, it better not be from us.

last year some S contracts:

Adrian Wilson 4 years, $16.5M; $3.25M guaranteed
    Tyvon Branch 4 years, $26.6M; $17.1M guaranteed
    Michael Griffin (5 years, $35M; $15M guaranteed)

and none of those guys really had injury problems and actually usually play the full 16 games. Delmas should not get anywhere near these guys, but a contract similar to Adrian Wilson's wouldn't be that bad.

And no way in hell do you franchise Levy for close to 10M

check out the franchise numbers for next season http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...llion-for-2013

vCash
    mc dude where do you get your numbers from? delmas will get 3-4 million at the most per year, not too much guaranteed money either, he has yet to play 14+ games, yes hes good when on the field, the whole team seems to play better when hes out there, watch game film from when delmas wasnt on the field to when he is, he does make plays, just wish he was out there 100% of the time

lots of you guys say lets just cut too many guys and take our loss, right now we gotta re-sign delmas and houston, levy i would say too because if you dont re-up him what do you from them? start tair whitehead or maybe travis lewis? im really iffy on that

you cant resign avril period, that effort he showed today shows he is below average DE, i dont even think hes the best DE on the team, thats probably willie young or lawrence jackson and neither of those guys are worth 10M per year

cherilus is meh to me, hes ok but hes sure as hell not worth too much and i wont lose sleep if he isnt resigned, im sure the fords wouldnt either

vCash
    Releasing Delmas will be stupid. He's the only guy on our D that can actually play. You know how many guys we have brought in at safety cb this year who have sucked ***.

AAL: #FreeStafford

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rocket View Post
    Releasing Delmas will be stupid. He's the only guy on our D that can actually play. You know how many guys we have brought in at safety cb this year who have sucked ***.
    other then delmas and houston we would completely suck major japanese ballsack

i have another thought based on draft, you draft millnier round 1 (move back a few spots to about #10 overall)

so looking like this:

1. Millner or dontarious moore
    2. eric reid, xavier rhodes, barrett jones, or david amerson (based on first rd)
    3a. william gholston, or best OL available
    3b. desmond trufant

rest of the draft you go bpa, maybe throw in tyrann mathieu later rounds or one of the 3rd round pick

vCash
    alls i gotta say is boys, its gonna be a long time til april

vCash
    So as of tonight, we'll have the #5 pick assuming Oakland loses, right?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blujaysrock View Post
    Yes I believe this is correct.

vCash
    Yes. We will be picking 5th.

AAL: #FreeStafford

Born & Raised in Michigan but now in Columbus Ohio
    vCash
    No I believe we number 4 oakland has a better conference record than detroit. Im not sure what tie breaker there gonna use though.
    Last edited by kingwood313; 12-30-2012 at 07:36 PM.
    [URL=http://gifsoup.com]GIFSoup

Kingwood A Man Before His Time Dvd in Stores

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kingwood313 View Post
    No I believe we number 4 oakland has a better conference record than detroit. Im not sure what tie breaker there gonna use though.
    I think it goes by strength of schedule and if it's still a tie then divisional/conference records.

anyone know the SOS?

Page 43 of 68 FirstFirst ... 33414243444553 ... LastLast