Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 34 of 68 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pillsberry99 View Post
    http://walterfootball.com/scoutingreport2013mteo.php

draft that dude we win championships^^^
    I am all for dropping back in the draft unless Teo is still on the board. This is one of those kids that you want/need playing on your team. He is a leader, he has heart, he is smart, talented, and no off the field issues. The man has delt with tragedy and did not miss a step. He is a must pick for the lions if he is still on the board when he is drafted.

If not drop back 2-3 spots 2 or 3 times and let those draft picks flow.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JMDTM View Post
    I like where ur goin with this. We should have a sticky thread like "lions big board" and we list all the POSSIBLE options for each round and make mocks in there. Also ppl can claim new prospects in which they believe to be appealing.*

We could even do something where each person is assigned a team and ur responsibility is to find that teams biggest weaknesses and address the problems going into next season. Hell, we could allow trades too. Everyone keep track of their teams and we can see who would have put together the best squads next season (as far as the numbers go)

Do something like rounding contracts, to keep a real salary cap
    Great idea man. I think we should do something like this as we get closer to the Draft.

We do something similar in the NFL Draft forum but it'd be fun to do within this forum. (if we get enough people)
    % of Souls Taken: 100

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by garnotm View Post
    I am all for dropping back in the draft unless Teo is still on the board. This is one of those kids that you want/need playing on your team. He is a leader, he has heart, he is smart, talented, and no off the field issues. The man has delt with tragedy and did not miss a step. He is a must pick for the lions if he is still on the board when he is drafted.

If not drop back 2-3 spots 2 or 3 times and let those draft picks flow.
    That's what I mean. You throw him and someone like Travis Lewis (plays with intensity, always around the ball), then suddenly you actually have a competent front 7 who can all tackle. I'm all for keeping on Durant, though. Levy can walk.

And something else I noticed and probably one of the reasons we fall apart in later games, we never, ever rest our Lbs (except for what ever one comes out in nickel situations). D line gets rested, Lbs never do. Rotate Travis Lewis and let him get a few snaps, get some film on him at the NFL level, same as Whitehead.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blujaysrock View Post
    That's what I mean. You throw him and someone like Travis Lewis (plays with intensity, always around the ball), then suddenly you actually have a competent front 7 who can all tackle. I'm all for keeping on Durant, though. Levy can walk.

And something else I noticed and probably one of the reasons we fall apart in later games, we never, ever rest our Lbs (except for what ever one comes out in nickel situations). D line gets rested, Lbs never do. Rotate Travis Lewis and let him get a few snaps, get some film on him at the NFL level, same as Whitehead.
    good idea, the best we can go is 7-9 and obviously wont get playoffs done, so why not get some guys in there? let them get better, sure they had the preseason but were not playing for anything anymore, id like to win 2 times atleast but it wont matter anyway, lewis i think at one point was considered a 1st round pick, dont know why he fell so far but he needs reps in games now

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blujaysrock View Post

Id have to assume Lewis and Whitehead arent ready or they would get snaps, You seem pretty high on lewis, Is there a reason? Have you watched alot of film or something? I dont really hear much about him so id have to assume he is just ST bodys atm

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cwick925 View Post
    Id have to assume Lewis and Whitehead arent ready or they would get snaps, You seem pretty high on lewis, Is there a reason? Have you watched alot of film or something? I dont really hear much about him so id have to assume he is just ST bodys atm
    That's actually one of the few players I've watched quite a bit of film on. Obviously i'm not a scout, but he's always around the ball, great against the run, seems to have good awareness and though he's not fast he's pretty quick. Plays hard and brings the intensity like Delmas does and best of all he can tackle!!

I don't know, he just seems like the type of player we're missing on defense.

Found this interview with Gunther from a few days ago. I seem to think at least one of these guys will be starting next year considering we probably have to choose between Levy and Durant. Benefits of Lewis is that he can play strong side or weakside, though probably better suited for strong side.

Cunningham said Whitehead, the more athletic of the two, has made “a big jump in the last month.” Lewis, the more instinctual, is the only one who’s played regular defensive snaps in a game this year (he played three total plays in short-yardage situations Weeks 8-9 when Levy was out with injury).

Both players are significant contributors on special teams.

“Tahir and Travis are making headway,” Cunningham said. “We coach them hard, all of them, and yet we need to win games.”
    http://www.freep.com/article/2012120...her-cunningham

vCash
    what was the draft game we did last year??

the one that i won :-) LFFS set it up i think
    2013 tied for 1st place -PSD(lions forum) NFL pick'em
    2012 Lions draft contest winner
    Lions OTT #2 #3 #16 #22 winner
    2010, 2011, 2012 best argument

2014 AAL Kyle Van Noy

0 tackles 0 sacks 0 interceptions

vCash
    I've seen a few mocks and they tend to show Barkley and Teo both being there in the 5-8 range. That is great for all of us who want to trade down. There will be no short supply of teams wanting those 2. But that means we won't have Teo either.
    "If a, would a, could a, should a, Lived on Maybe street, the street that never was"....Rad Alger

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StriveGreatness View Post
    Great idea man. I think we should do something like this as we get closer to the Draft.*

We do something similar in the NFL Draft forum but it'd be fun to do within this forum. (if we get enough people)
    I think we could keep up with the stats and say ur the dolphins and
    you draft Tavon Austin, and he ****in kills it wherever you go. Then we gotta use stats and common sense to see where our team could be with those players, or if anyone can find a better way to score it.

So say I'm the dolphins still. Since this is only a one year thing, I'll resign Jake Long longterm.
    I'd also resign Randy Starks and Sean Smith.

Then I'll go out in FA and sign Daryl Smith(assuming he's let go but the jags owner)

And this is how my draft board lays out

1. Chance warmack guard Bama **
    2. Tyler Elfert TE Notre Dame *
    3. Justin Gilbert CB OK State*
    4. Aaron Dobson WR Marshall
    5. Tyrann mathieu CB*
    7a. Marcus lattimore RB South Carolina **
    7b. Javon Harris safety Oklahoma.*
    Last edited by JMDTM; 12-14-2012 at 02:12 PM.
    Joique Bell
    WHOOP!

vCash
    The HC at South Carolina said that Lattimore most likely wouldn't have played in the 2013 season if he returned to SC... if he can't play this season I think he won't even get drafted

Quote Originally Posted by ****ed in DET View Post
    If Waddle doesn't get the starting gig I'm outta here. I will never post again.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JWO35 View Post
    The HC at South Carolina said that Lattimore most likely wouldn't have played in the 2013 season if he returned to SC... if he can't play this season I think he won't even get drafted
    Are you kidding me? The Lions will take him with our 2nd round pick!
    "If a, would a, could a, should a, Lived on Maybe street, the street that never was"....Rad Alger

vCash
    I would take him with our 6th or 7th. How much more upside can u get and thats what the late picks are for anyway.
    Max Scherzer season stats

blue eyes - 1

brown eyes - 1

wins

losses

KOs

BB

WHIP

vCash
    We have a legit shot at joeckel if the eagles can win 1 more game

New York Yankees
    Los Angeles Lakers (Jimbaco)
    Detroit Lions Draft this man

vCash
    If we lose out we are getting a top 5 pick guarenteed.

vCash
    If we are in the top 5 picks we have to trade out...atleast trade once and pick up another pick in the 2nd round. That should move us from 3-5 to 8-10 and we could trade back again if no game changers are available at a needed position...pick up a guard or a center at the end of the 1st round.

Page 34 of 68 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast