Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 68 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast
    vCash
    How can we predict the 2013 draft when the jury is still out on the following players:

RB Jahvid Best
    RB Mikel LeShoure
    CB Chris Greenwood
    CB Bill Bentley
    T Riley Reiff
    DT Nick Fairley

These guys have barely taken the field yet (all for different reasons). All of these guys could come off injuries (or get more playing time) and be very productive for us, none of them could pan out, or anywhere in between.

Predicting our draft picks at this point would have to entail "writing off" some of these players and assuming that they won't produce for us. Looking at most replies, it appears that most have written off Jahvid Best with us taking a RB in the 1st round.

At this point, I just gotta see these players in action on the field before I can say what our biggest needs might be going into 2013.

If I had to guess tho......It will probably be Safety and RB.....but if Best stays healthy and LeShoure is productive, then we probably wouldn't draft a RB at all this draft until later rounds. Too early to tell.
    Last edited by mc18641; 09-17-2012 at 08:32 AM.

vCash
    We Need to take an impact player. I would like OL or Secondary. It would be nice to draft another superstar!
    "If a, would a, could a, should a, Lived on Maybe street, the street that never was"....Rad Alger

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by scottie View Post
    We Need to take an impact player. I would like OL or Secondary. It would be nice to draft another superstar!
    We just drafted Reiff and Gosder is playing very well so far this season. Hopefully we get an interior lineman (can't see us not re-signing Gosder, if we don't it will be big mistake).

Would definitely like to see Peterman replaced with more of a run blocking OG. Or even a bigger centre to replace Raiola

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mc18641 View Post
    How can we predict the 2013 draft when the jury is still out on the following players:

RB Jahvid Best
    RB Mikel LeShoure
    CB Chris Greenwood
    CB Bill Bentley
    T Riley Reiff
    DT Nick Fairley
    I don't think that's entirely true. Best isn't someone you can count on at all going forward. If he's not DONE, he's on the edge of done. Fairley has come out and produced in the first couple of games, and has shown work ethic in the offseason. Just off field issues that could get in the way - but I don't think you even CONSIDER drafting a DT at any point, regardless...so the point is moot. And regardless of Bentley/Greenwood or Reiff's performance, you still need players at both areas. Even if all three pan out and can deliver as hoped for, you still have a need in those areas of the field.

Scrap Detroit!!

Quote Originally Posted by basch152 View Post
    First of all, players like Matthews and Ware actually ARE overrated...

No, the best comparison to Miggy is Albert Pujols. And I'll be honest, Cabrera doesn't really compare favorably to Pujols.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blujaysrock View Post
    We just drafted Reiff and Gosder is playing very well so far this season. Hopefully we get an interior lineman (can't see us not re-signing Gosder, if we don't it will be big mistake).

Would definitely like to see Peterman replaced with more of a run blocking OG. Or even a bigger centre to replace Raiola
    Agreed! I really believe if we can upgrade Riola and Peterman, we'd be not good, but Great!
    "If a, would a, could a, should a, Lived on Maybe street, the street that never was"....Rad Alger

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by driz View Post
    I don't think that's entirely true. Best isn't someone you can count on at all going forward. If he's not DONE, he's on the edge of done. Fairley has come out and produced in the first couple of games, and has shown work ethic in the offseason. Just off field issues that could get in the way - but I don't think you even CONSIDER drafting a DT at any point, regardless...so the point is moot. And regardless of Bentley/Greenwood or Reiff's performance, you still need players at both areas. Even if all three pan out and can deliver as hoped for, you still have a need in those areas of the field.
    I agree with everything you said, my point more or less would how you would prioritze those needs based on how your current players perform. Your targeted 1st round pick could change based on how the players I had listed perform.

your right tho......if they draft another DT, I will probably break my TV

vCash
    I don't really think it matters how Bentley and/or Greenwood pans out...even if they each become serviceable starters, your biggest glaring hole is still right there in the secondary. With additional attention needing to come up for our aging offensive line.

Anything outside of that is kind of silly at this point.

Scrap Detroit!!

No, the best comparison to Miggy is Albert Pujols. And I'll be honest, Cabrera doesn't really compare favorably to Pujols.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by driz View Post
    I don't really think it matters how Bentley and/or Greenwood pans out...even if they each become serviceable starters, your biggest glaring hole is still right there in the secondary. With additional attention needing to come up for our aging offensive line.

Anything outside of that is kind of silly at this point.
    I agree.....I wouldn't care if the entire 2013 draft was dedicated to DB, RB and OL

vCash
    I agree.....I wouldn't care if the entire 2013 draft was dedicated to DB, RB and OL
    DE as well, if Avril isn't coming back.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blujaysrock View Post
    DE as well, if Avril isn't coming back.
    He should be back bacause he will end up getting KVB's money but if he keeps playing like he has the first two weeks, he won't be getting 10M a season.

vCash
    He should be back bacause he will end up getting KVB's money but if he keeps playing like he has the first two weeks, he won't be getting 10M a season.
    I don't think he's worth that anyways, last year was a fluke imo, especially the FFs. He just reaps the benefits of playing next to Suh and Williams who demand double teams. He'd fit so much better in a 3-4 imo

vCash
    I've also yet to see any of this "shuffling" of D-Line players they were talking about doing during the pre-season. I've seen no DTs at DE. Would love to see Suh sub in for KVB on a snap or two, get Fairley in there in his spot and apply some REAL pressure on passing downs.

Scrap Detroit!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JMDTM View Post
    What's up guys, it's been a long time. Been in the process of a move for awhile. Anyone who remembers me knows I'm a big fan of the draft process. It's finally to the point where that's not all we need to talk about, thank the lord, but I just wanted to throw a few names out there that would really bloster our roster through the draft, all of which being first round picks types.

-David Amerson CB NC State.

Dude is a shutdown corner that we all know we desperately need. He looks like a true number 1 and could make us that much better from day one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5J62b...feature=fvwrel

-Bjoern Werner DE Florida State University.

KVB clone with room to grow. You can't not love this guy. He has such a high motor, can stop the run, rush the passer. He is a big physical player. We are a team that puts a lot on our DEs and this guy can either step in for KVB right away, or for Avril if he leaves. Dude just looks like a can't miss type player.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WtP-K5E3UAY

-Barrett Jones Alabama.

This guy can do it all, and can do it all very good. That's why he is so hard to pass on. Can come in and start at either guard spot, center, right tackle, and the man has an entire year of experience at LT at the dominant Alabama. I would not be mad with this man on my team.

-Tony Jefferson S Oklahoma.
    Dude looks like a real stud safety in the making, I find myself liking him more than any other safety in this deep looking safety class. He looks great against the run, and equally well against the pass. Our defense asks our safetys to be able to do both well, and he does that. Also he is an Oklahoma product and we all saw what happened last year, even if it was just luck of the draw.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4O8ce...feature=relmfu

-Tyrann Mathieu CB LSU

We all know what happened to this guy. Smoking weed, bonehead move, not like we haven't seen this before. If we could get this guy in a lions uni, I'd be stoked. Another guy that fits the attitude and scheme for our defense.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8KBPaoS6odk
    Couldn't agree with you more!!!

vCash
    1. Secondary
    2. Secondary
    3. O-Line
    4. Secondary
    5. O-Line
    6. Secondary
    7. O-Line

yea, that looks about right.

Earning Respect with every Withdrawal

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MichiganSports View Post
    1. Secondary
    2. Secondary
    3. O-Line
    4. Secondary
    5. O-Line
    6. Secondary
    7. O-Line

yea, that looks about right.
    Gotta get a RB in there too if Best retires. If Lattimore is there in round #1 for us, I say screw the ******** and pick him up.

Also, keep in mind that we don't have a 4th round pick as it was traded to pick up Whitehead. We are all still waiting to see the logic in giving up a 5th and a 4th round for him.

I would actually like to see our 5th-7th round picks traded to bring in some PROVEN guys already in the league. OR try to find a team that is rebuilding and trade all three of them draft day for a 3rd or HIGH 4th round pick.

We neeed QUALITY at specific positions this upcoming draft, not QUANTITY. I believe we are 3-4 QUALITY players away from making a championship run. We can't get those guys in the door with using our top picks on guys who hardly play......that BS needs to stop.

With all of the depth that was put in place on the defensive side of the ball in last year's draft, the chances of a 5,6 or 7th round pick making our team is slim. We need starting calibur players.
    Last edited by mc18641; 09-21-2012 at 11:30 AM.

Page 3 of 68 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast