Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 26 of 68 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FortDetroit View Post
    I wish we had a shot at Jarvis Jones. He's the type of player who could transform a defense overnight.
    Jones has spinal stenosis so I honestly could see him falling on Draft day. How far, who knows.

vCash
    If Kenny Stills declares for the draft I think the Lions might take him.

Him and Broyles were sick at OU together.

I actually see us getting him 3rd round or something like that. I would not mind taking him. I think he's a slot guy though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rocket View Post
    If Kenny Stills declares for the draft I think the Lions might take him.

Him and Broyles were sick at OU together.

I actually see us getting him 3rd round or something like that. I would not mind taking him. I think he's a slot guy though.
    Not sure I would want to spend a 3rd round pick on a WR especially Stills.

We have CJ, Burleson and Thomas. Pick up a cheap #4 to start next season until Broyles gets back.

vCash
    man this ****ing sucks.. we need so much yet i cant lay my finger on what we need the most.. hopefull we get everyone back in FA or we are ****ed

PSD's Sling Blade and lions forum bouncer

2013 tied for 1st place -PSD(lions forum) NFL pick'em
    2012 Lions draft contest winner
    Lions OTT #2 #3 #16 winner
    2010, 2011, 2012 best argument

Quote Originally Posted by LionsFan..LOL View Post
    I'm a Lions fan we aren't allowed to dream of success so I don't let others do so either.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by det32 View Post
    man this ****ing sucks.. we need so much yet i cant lay my finger on what we need the most.. hopefull we get everyone back in FA or we are ****ed
    Thinking we should attack OL or DE 1st. Safety somewhere.

After that, you're getting picky imo. Could we use an upgrade at corner or OLB? Sure but every team isn't perfect.

I'd re-sign Houston as your #1 (not ideal but it will have to do) and franchise Delmas. Let Avril walk. Bentley showed some flashes but like all of our DBs, he needs to learn to turn his head and Jonte Green has played well for a 6th round rookie imo.

Both Levy and Durant are FA and I doubt we can bring back both. Hopefully we can get one at a reasonable price and see what one of the young guys have. Whitehead or Travis Lewis?

Should be an interesting off season.

Edit: Of course, I guess it depends on what players are there at our picks.
    Last edited by StriveGreatness; 12-03-2012 at 11:02 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StriveGreatness View Post
    Not sure I would want to spend a 3rd round pick on a WR especially Stills.

We have CJ, Burleson and Thomas. Pick up a cheap #4 to start next season until Broyles gets back.
    I believe Burleson will be gone unless he takes a pay cut, Young will be cut at the end of the season, Broyles just tore the ACL in another knee and may be not even be ready until october or november of next year. As of right now all we have is Calvin and Thomas as for sure things at the beginning of next season. And the receiving core of CJ, Burleson and Thomas would cost us somewhere from 20-25 million alone next year. It needs to be trimmed down so either Burleson or Thomas will be gone or have to take a pay cut. However we still need another. Our offense will never be truly elite until we get another big time receiver. I am not saying take a guy in the draft like Kennan Allen or Justin Hunter in the first round but we need to take another receiver in the draft. I am not talking about Stills either.

A guy who could provide a late round steal is Marquess Wilson. For those of you who do not know who he is he is a receiver out of Washington State. In preseason mocks he was a top 10 talent and one of the top two receivers in the draft. His stock has slid dramatically this year. His physical skills are still possibly one of the best. He stands at 6-4 and weighs around 190. He plays bigger than his weight and has room and time to fill out his frame. He does have a problem getting separation because he lacks elite speed. Rumors have floated around that he got suspended but he says he quit the team. He has had a problem adapting to the new coaching staff and at times conflicted with them. His stats have also been down from a transition to PAC-12 play.

Needless to say he will probably fall anywhere from the third round to the sixth round depending on how his workouts go. I would like to add him if taken in the fourth or later. He has the potential to be a solid number two receiver for us. He plays big and would fit well in our offense. There are a couple of other options I would also consider but Wilson seems like a late round steal if he can transition well. Plus he would be much cheaper than anything we have right and would not risk much. In my opinion this is a low risk high reward pick.

vCash
    Maybe that's the problem honestly. The defense absolutely stinks so why should we want to bring everyone back if they stink? I'm all for letting everyone on D walk except Houston.

vCash
    As of right now we have the 10th pick, but with our upcoming schedule we could be picking around 8-12 IMO. Someone mentioned Moore from A&M if he could fall to us that would be incredible, if he declares for the draft. A&M has got legit NFl talent right now, 3 potential top 20 picks not bad

New York Yankees
    Los Angeles Lakers (Jimbaco)
    Detroit Lions Draft this man

vCash
    The only good thing about this draft is there will be some nice CB(Milliner)/DE/OL with our first and should be a couple safeties (Jefferson, Elam, Reid, Amerson) with our 2nd.

Rest of the draft i'm not too sure about, but if we come away with those in the first two, i'll be happy.
    "The way they play offense here is difficult for any quarterback," he said. "Every snap is an incredible decision. They're in a one-back offense, they can't run the ball against certain looks so they have to audible to some kind of a pass or a creative run to get away from trouble.
    "There's never a play in the game where Stafford can just turn around, hand the ball off and catch his breath. Every play he's researching the defense and they throw as much as anyone."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chacha77 View Post
    I believe Burleson will be gone unless he takes a pay cut, Young will be cut at the end of the season, Broyles just tore the ACL in another knee and may be not even be ready until october or november of next year. As of right now all we have is Calvin and Thomas as for sure things at the beginning of next season. And the receiving core of CJ, Burleson and Thomas would cost us somewhere from 20-25 million alone next year. It needs to be trimmed down so either Burleson or Thomas will be gone or have to take a pay cut. However we still need another. Our offense will never be truly elite until we get another big time receiver. I am not saying take a guy in the draft like Kennan Allen or Justin Hunter in the first round but we need to take another receiver in the draft. I am not talking about Stills either.

A guy who could provide a late round steal is Marquess Wilson. For those of you who do not know who he is he is a receiver out of Washington State. In preseason mocks he was a top 10 talent and one of the top two receivers in the draft. His stock has slid dramatically this year. His physical skills are still possibly one of the best. He stands at 6-4 and weighs around 190. He plays bigger than his weight and has room and time to fill out his frame. He does have a problem getting separation because he lacks elite speed. Rumors have floated around that he got suspended but he says he quit the team. He has had a problem adapting to the new coaching staff and at times conflicted with them. His stats have also been down from a transition to PAC-12 play.

Needless to say he will probably fall anywhere from the third round to the sixth round depending on how his workouts go. I would like to add him if taken in the fourth or later. He has the potential to be a solid number two receiver for us. He plays big and would fit well in our offense. There are a couple of other options I would also consider but Wilson seems like a late round steal if he can transition well. Plus he would be much cheaper than anything we have right and would not risk much. In my opinion this is a low risk high reward pick.
    Hmm. Pass.

With Titus likely gone and Broyles hurt, I don't see anyway they cut Burleson. They can't bank on a guy like this. (Wilson) Burleson is nothing special but he knows the offense and is steady. Not worth what he is making but it is what it is.

The veteran guy we really need to find a way to get rid of is Vanden Bosch. Yuck.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StriveGreatness View Post
    Hmm. Pass.

With Titus likely gone and Broyles hurt, I don't see anyway they cut Burleson. They can't bank on a guy like this. (Wilson) Burleson is nothing special but he knows the offense and is steady. Not worth what he is making but it is what it is.

The veteran guy we really need to find a way to get rid of is Vanden Bosch. Yuck.
    Its not like it would be a second round pick like Young or Broyles that if taken we would all be like a wasted pick. Huge bust. So much more was there. In this draft there probably won't be. If there is really someone who takes a huge plung and would be a better pick than yeah i would take him but a fourth threw sixth on Wilson is not a bad idea.

vCash
    Jackson - Suh - Fairley - Simon
    Durant - Tulloch - Te'o
    Houston - Bentley
    Elam - Byrd

Bye Delmas, Bye Avril, Bye KVB, Bye Levy
    Re-sign Jackson, Re-sign Durant, Re-sign Houston
    Sign Jairus Byrd

1st - Manti Te'o, LB
    2nd - Matt Elam, Safety
    3rd - John Simon, DE
    Last edited by FortDetroit; 12-04-2012 at 10:08 PM.

vCash

2013 NFL Draft Talk

I like your draft.. I think Delmas will be back and I guess BUF contacted byrd's agent and are negotiating a deal so my guess is he returns to BUF on a new contract or a franchise tag
    [CENTER]

vCash

2013 NFL Draft Talk

I wouldn't mind Walters either.. He has us taking milliner Reid then wr but I would switch that to de OL or lb
    [CENTER]

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FortDetroit View Post
    Jackson - Suh - Fairley - Simon
    Durant - Tulloch - Te'o
    Houston - Bentley
    Elam - Byrd

Bye Delmas, Bye Avril, Bye KVB, Bye Levy
    Re-sign Jackson, Re-sign Durant, Re-sign Houston
    Sign Jairus Byrd

1st - Manti Te'o, LB
    2nd - Matt Elam, Safety
    3rd - John Simon, DE
    I like this whole thing except for a few small details. I would rather draft Mathieu instead of John Simon. Willie Young can step in for Avril just fine. I would love to get Te'o. Adding him I think puts us in conversation of having the best 4-3 linebacking core in the NFL. Tulloch is a borderline pro bowler and Durant is having a great season. I do like the Elam pick but I do not see him starting. A guy I see surprisingly cracking the starting lineup, especially if we get Byrd, is Ricardo Silva. He is a monster of a safety with great speed. His coverage is a work in progress but Byrd has enormous range for a safety and can make up for his shortfalls in that department. Silva plays the run as good as any safety in the league. The only thing lacking from this defense is a pass rush. Jackson and Young may seem like good options but only behind Avril and VB as situational pass rushers. We would need to add someone who can get there on a more consistent basis cause I don't know if either of them can hold up as a three-down starter just yet. I could however see Avril taking less money to stay. He knows he has had a bad season and knows he will not be able to get 10-12 million a year now. I see him possibly renegotiating for 7 or 8 million over four years which is more reasonable. Then I would be more comfortable with Young or Jackson starting.

Page 26 of 68 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast