Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 23 of 68 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Someone explain to me why we let Aaron Brown go? I think that was his name. He was a great speed back and seemed to run the ball good for us, things like that I don't understand.

vCash

2013 NFL Draft Talk

^ I believe it was because between Best and Smith we didn't need another small back... Could be wrong tho.

Props to StriveGreatness

vCash
    New 3 Round Mock since our pick is projected higher than it was last time:

1. Chance Warmack G Alabama: I see this guy being the next superstar guard in the NFL. He does everything at a high level and no one has been able to do anything against him. He run blocks at a high level and no one has got to their QB on a consistent basis all year. He may be part of one of the best o lines in college but he is part of what makes it so great.

2. Eric Reid S LSU: two SEC studs in one draft would greatly improve this team. He is 6'2" 208 pounds and runs in the low 4.4s. This guy is a freakish athlete and has all the right fundamentals to be a pro bowler at the next level if put in the right situation. He would immediately compete for the starting SS job. I would love to see him and Delmas in the same secondary. If Delmas stays healthy they could be considered to be in comparison with Seattle and SF for the best duo in the NFL.

3. Tyrann Mathieu CB/KR LSU*: This may be early for him. He is a top 10 talent in the NFL. His problems is with his off the field problems with drugs. If he gets that straightened out by the combine and does well with his interview he is going to shot up draft boards and could go this high. I would love to take him cause he fills a huge void as a KR and PR for the first couple years at least. He also has the ability to be a very solid corner. He would fit well in our defense because of the pass rush and when a QB is forced to make a bad throw towards him he will get it. He is by far one of the best playmakers around the football. This makes a very solid young secondary for years to come with Houston, Bently, Green, Greenwood, Mathieu, Delmas, Wendling, Ried, Silva. Be very good for years to come. They also have a lot of versatility if you match these guys up. Mathieu, Greenwood, and Ried can play corner or safety so you can move guys around to confuse defenses.

Anybody else like these picks?

vCash
    Love the first two picks. Mathieu, to me, can be had a lot later in the draft. No denying his talent but his off the field issues and his height hurt.

Catches: 19 Yards: 171 TDs: 1

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rocket View Post
    Someone explain to me why we let Aaron Brown go? I think that was his name. He was a great speed back and seemed to run the ball good for us, things like that I don't understand.
    Because he sucks. The same reason he's a free agent right now and 30whatever other teams passed on him.

vCash
    I wouldnt be surprised if Tyrann goes higher, ala Janoris Jenkins. He has Top ten talent despite his size he will be a playmaker IMO
    New York Yankees
    Los Angeles Lakers (Jimbaco)
    Detroit Lions

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rocket View Post
    to get bell...

bell is better imo but brown is a speed back we need
    2013 tied for 1st place -PSD(lions forum) NFL pick'em
    2012 Lions draft contest winner
    Lions OTT #2 #3 #16 #22 winner
    2010, 2011, 2012 best argument

2014 AAL Kyle Van Noy

0 tackles 0 sacks 0 interceptions

vCash
    Mayhew really hasn't hit anything with late picks besides Lydon Murtha a few years ago. Hopefully Travis Lewis can prove something, because even Willie Young has been basically nonexistent this year.

vCash
    yea he needs to step up his game
    2013 tied for 1st place -PSD(lions forum) NFL pick'em
    2012 Lions draft contest winner
    Lions OTT #2 #3 #16 #22 winner
    2010, 2011, 2012 best argument

2014 AAL Kyle Van Noy

0 tackles 0 sacks 0 interceptions

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blujaysrock View Post
    Mayhew really hasn't hit anything with late picks besides Lydon Murtha a few years ago. Hopefully Travis Lewis can prove something, because even Willie Young has been basically nonexistent this year.
    to be fair he trades a lot of late round picks away to move up or get players like Corey Williams.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chacha77 View Post
    New 3 Round Mock since our pick is projected higher than it was last time:

1. Chance Warmack G Alabama: I see this guy being the next superstar guard in the NFL. He does everything at a high level and no one has been able to do anything against him. He run blocks at a high level and no one has got to their QB on a consistent basis all year. He may be part of one of the best o lines in college but he is part of what makes it so great.

2. Eric Reid S LSU: two SEC studs in one draft would greatly improve this team. He is 6'2" 208 pounds and runs in the low 4.4s. This guy is a freakish athlete and has all the right fundamentals to be a pro bowler at the next level if put in the right situation. He would immediately compete for the starting SS job. I would love to see him and Delmas in the same secondary. If Delmas stays healthy they could be considered to be in comparison with Seattle and SF for the best duo in the NFL.

3. Tyrann Mathieu CB/KR LSU*: This may be early for him. He is a top 10 talent in the NFL. His problems is with his off the field problems with drugs. If he gets that straightened out by the combine and does well with his interview he is going to shot up draft boards and could go this high. I would love to take him cause he fills a huge void as a KR and PR for the first couple years at least. He also has the ability to be a very solid corner. He would fit well in our defense because of the pass rush and when a QB is forced to make a bad throw towards him he will get it. He is by far one of the best playmakers around the football. This makes a very solid young secondary for years to come with Houston, Bently, Green, Greenwood, Mathieu, Delmas, Wendling, Ried, Silva. Be very good for years to come. They also have a lot of versatility if you match these guys up. Mathieu, Greenwood, and Ried can play corner or safety so you can move guys around to confuse defenses.

Anybody else like these picks?
    This is what I was thinking actually.. I would love this draft.. I think with the off field issues we stay away from mathieu though
    [CENTER]

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by garnotm View Post
    to be fair he trades a lot of late round picks away to move up or get players like Corey Williams.
    Yes, but i'm talking about the picks he actually uses. I'd much rather see him pull off more Rob Sims, Chris Houston type trades, but that hasn't happened in a while...

vCash
    I look at the draft as an opportunity to make the team better. Trading picks for proven players is fine with me. All the front office people get caught up in showing how smart they are with their picks and the value of picks is very high. A team like the lions might be well served to trade pick if they know they will shore up a need.

I think we would have done better trading our second rounder for the past decade rather than use it, based on the players we have obtained. I would like Mayhew, one way or another, to fill the glaring holes on this team. If he can trade our second for a solid DB, do it.
    #66 LaAdrian Waddle

vCash
    we dont really have the cap space to trade picks for players. drafting is so key to building a team with long term success because if you draft well you get solid players with very low cap hits.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LionsFan..LOL View Post
    Love the first two picks. Mathieu, to me, can be had a lot later in the draft. No denying his talent but his off the field issues and his height hurt.
    I agree that Mathieu will be available later. I put him there because for one there was not really another pick that makes sense that I could see. I do feel we would take him in the fourth or sixth cause I believe our fifth is gone. I put him there to express how important he could be for us. As I start posting seven round mocks I will see where he goes. I would however not be like to high if we took him in the third round. If he works out he would be a steal.

I also saw someone make a Janoris Jenkins comparison. The only difference with that is Jenkins played after he got kicked out of florida and dominated. Mathieu has been off for a whole year. He will be very rusty. I do not think a team would consider him in the third except a team willing to take a chance on him and has talent in place like Denver or maybe the Patriots who have done well with people who have had off the field issues. I really do hope we get him because we need a playmaker in the secondary.

Page 23 of 68 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast