Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 17 of 68 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767 ... LastLast
    vCash
    What pick do you guys think Titus Young can land us? Or could we even get one for him?

Wishe we traded Delmas last year

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Blink View Post
    What pick do you guys think Titus Young can land us? Or could we even get one for him?

I think Titus gets us another player in a similar situation (someone in need of a change of scenery). Hopefully there's a CB out there who fits that
    Last edited by blujaysrock; 11-22-2012 at 07:39 AM. Reason: wrong player

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Blink View Post

probably a similar player (aka a highly drafted player not living up to his draft status who may just need a change of scenery)

vCash
    What players come to mind?

vCash
    There's hardly any player-for-player trades in the NFL(The last one, was probably us trading Gronlowski for Alphonso)...Titus could get us a 4th at the most IMO, lets be real he's not a #1 guy and may not even be a #2.

If we trade Young, it would be basically like Derrick Williams all over...wasted pick.

#HandItOnly2Bell

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JWO35 View Post
    There's hardly any player-for-player trades in the NFL(The last one, was probably us trading Gronlowski for Alphonso)...Titus could get us a 4th at the most IMO, lets be real he's not a #1 guy and may not even be a #2.

If we trade Young, it would be basically like Derrick Williams all over...wasted pick.
    I bet they happen around the NFL way more often than you think. They just usually involve crappy players so you don't really hear about them nationally. Mayhew has done player for player trades quite often actually. Off the top of my head:

-Jon Kitna to Dallas for Anthony Henry
    -Jerome Harrison to Philadelphia for Ronnie Brown (agreed on but negated because of tumor though)
    -Ernie Sims to Philadelphia in a 3 way trade for Tony Scheffler
    -Robert Henderson to Seattle for Rob Sims
    -Corey Redding to Seattle for Julian Peterson
    -Gronkowski to Denver for Alphonso Smith

And those are just player for player trades by Mayhew......i'm sure there have been other ones across the league we just never heard about because they were such minor trades.

Not to mention under Millen:

-Shaun Rogers to Browns for Leigh Bodden

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FortDetroit View Post
    I bet they happen around the NFL way more often than you think. They just usually involve crappy players so you don't really hear about them nationally. Mayhew has done player for player trades quite often actually. Off the top of my head:

-Jon Kitna to Dallas for Anthony Henry
    -Jerome Harrison to Philadelphia for Ronnie Brown (agreed on but negated because of tumor though)
    -Ernie Sims to Philadelphia in a 3 way trade for Tony Scheffler
    -Robert Henderson to Seattle for Rob Sims
    -Corey Redding to Seattle for Julian Peterson
    -Gronkowski to Denver for Alphonso Smith

And those are just player for player trades by Mayhew......i'm sure there have been other ones across the league we just never heard about because they were such minor trades.

Not to mention under Millen:

-Shaun Rogers to Browns for Leigh Bodden
    True...but I think there's a better chance at getting a pick in return vs another player. Like you said, most player swaps are crap anyway.

#HandItOnly2Bell

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FortDetroit View Post
    probably a similar player (aka a highly drafted player not living up to his draft status who may just need a change of scenery)
    aaron williams CB buffalo
    Joique Bell
    WHOOP!

vCash
    I really miss Dre Bly and Fernando Bryant as our corners sometimes...

Bryant was an amazing #2 corner, underrated as hell.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blujaysrock View Post
    I think Delmas gets us another player in a similar situation (someone in need of a change of scenery). Hopefully there's a CB out there who fits that
    I'm just going to put this out there, not for argument sake but rather food for thought.

There is a good chance that Woodson is going to get cut this offseason. Mostly because he will be due a very large salary and we need to start locking our young guys up. I really think Detroit makes a lot of sense 1. "hometown" 2. need at that position 3. the added bonus of playing a former team at least twice a year.

vCash

2013 NFL Draft Talk

I was actually thinking that too but more as a pipe dream than a reality.. I believe he would still field a lot of offers if he doesn't restructure first
    [CENTER]

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by monstar12 View Post
    I was actually thinking that too but more as a pipe dream than a reality.. I believe he would still field a lot of offers if he doesn't restructure first
    I would agree, but at his age I think he cares more about scenery and opportunity than money. I guess it's something to keep in mind.

vCash
    I'm not sure Woodson would be a good fit in Detroit. The type of game he plays is more of a Safety's game who plays close to the line of scrimmage than a cornerback who can cover a WR 1-on-1. GB has a fantastic defensive scheme and DB coach, so I really think that defense in GB highlights Woodson's ability better than any other. If Woodson went to any other team his production would predictably fall off.

vCash
    Hoping for Luke Joeckel at this point. Joeckel and Reiff as book ends would be nice.
    % of Souls Taken: 100

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StriveGreatness View Post
    Hoping for Luke Joeckel at this point. Joeckel and Reiff as book ends would be nice.
    Id like that pick, but i think the Rams have to take him
    New York Yankees
    Los Angeles Lakers (Jimbaco)
    Detroit Lions

Page 17 of 68 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767 ... LastLast