What do you guys think about this?
1. DE Sam Montgomery
2. S Matt Elam
3. S Bacarri Rambo
4. LB Jelani Jenkins
? (Willie Young maybe) - Suh - Fairley - Montgomery
Jenkins/Lewis - Tulloch - Levy (re-sign)
Houston - ? (Free agent pickup?)
Elam - Rambo
Risky to have 2 rookie safeties but it would save us some money by not re-signing Delmas. I like Delmas but he cannot stay healthy.
But man, we need some offensive lineman too. A lot of holes on this team...
Last edited by StriveGreatness; 11-18-2012 at 07:01 PM.
Giovanni Bernard from North Carolina
Dennard looked nice at RB Saturday... Just saying
Sam Montgomery in the 1st and Tony Jefferson in the S. Re-sign Delmas cheap and sign another vet FA safety who can play decent still. Then if Delmas goes down you have a competent S to replace him. Montgomery replaces KVB. Re-sign Avril to a lower deal, since he's basically done nothing to deserve a big money deal.
"The way they play offense here is difficult for any quarterback," he said. "Every snap is an incredible decision. They're in a one-back offense, they can't run the ball against certain looks so they have to audible to some kind of a pass or a creative run to get away from trouble.
"There's never a play in the game where Stafford can just turn around, hand the ball off and catch his breath. Every play he's researching the defense and they throw as much as anyone."
This safety class is real strong imo so I'm sure we'll get someone good. I really love Matt Elam's potential though.
Again with the cheap, and I'm not picking on you or anything, but some teams have A LOT of cap space and will be willing to overpay for guys like Delmas and Avril based on potential and some of their on the field production.
Seven Round Mock:
1. Demarcus Milliner CB Bama, A No. 1 caliber DB who would start right away. Improves the secondary overall.
2. David Amerson CB/S NC State, I know taking DBs back to back seems a little extreme but there is not a better player available. He can play corner or safety and has shut down potential.
3. William Gholston DE MSU, he has had a down season but has a lot of athletic ability. Give him a season and he could be the next Jason Pierre-Paul
5. Marquess Wilson WR Washington State, the lions need a No. 2 receiver that is not named Burleson or Young. They both are terrible. Wilson may have some character issues but has the ability to be a premier target. He is tall and can catch everything thrown his way.
6. Denard Robinson QB/RB/WR/KR/PR, he is multi purpose and if available here he can play a variety of positions. He will never be a successful full time QB, but maybe he can be a wildcat option where if something is wide open he can throw it. Otherwise you will see him catching, running, and returning most of the time.
7. James Wilson G Florida, has played well for Florida this season. Can play almost every position. Would be a 2nd day pick if injuries had not plagued him early in his career. Was a four star recruit out of college.
I know the o-line was not addressed in the draft. If the lions do address it I think we grab a tackle in FA. The amount of talent at that position is crazy and if we can clear some space we can get someone at a pro bowl level.
Can Manti Te'o play outside?