Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 10 of 68 FirstFirst ... 891011122060 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blujaysrock View Post
    Doubt it, but Burleson's probably done so is C Will. So we'll have openings for both. Wouldn't mind a big WR opposite Calvin
    Both Hill and Williams are free agents so don't be surprised if we do grab a defensive tackle in the draft.

Big WR eh? How about Justin Hunter in Round 1? This forum would explode..
    % of Souls Taken: 100

vCash
    Mideseason Mock:

1. Barrett Jones C/G: Can replace Rioila right away and play at a high level for the rest of his career.

2. David Amerson CB: Preseason projected top 10 pick his production has lacked. However I believe a second round pick is a steal for him. He has shut down potential and is a freakish athlete. He also has height (6"3") to cover the new breed of receivers like Calvin and Brandon Marshall. If he is available it will not take long for us to pull the trigger.

3. Dion Jordan DE/OLB/S: Yes you are reading that right. He plays for Oregon in their very confusing shifting defense. He has went down in a stance and played DE. He has stood up and played OLB. He has also from time to time been asked to play safety and cover slot receivers man to man and done it well. This guy is 6'7" 245. He is the defensive equivalent of a Denard Robinson coming to the pros. A freakish athlete but you don't know where to put him.

Later round to come soon.

vCash
    Dion Jordan really plays S and OLB are 6'7 245? What...

vCash
    10/20/12: Jordan has 24 tackles and three sacks so far in 2012. Oregon hasn't been challenged by any opponent yet. His pass-rush opportunities are hurt because he often drops back into pass coverage. Jordan plays well in space and would definitely fit best as a 3-4 outside linebacker in the NFL.

8/27/12: Jordan is a raw prospect who has some upside. He was a tight end early in his college career before switching to defensive end in 2010. Jordan had 33 tackles and 5.5 tackles for a loss as a sophomore. Jordan made real strides last year and produced a lot more with 42 tackles, 13 tackles for a loss and 7.5 sacks. The junior was a First-Team All-Pac-12 selection.

Jordan needs to fill out his frame to hold up on the edge in the NFL. If the senior continues to improve his production this season, he could move up higher on the second day of the draft.
    A mini scouting report from Walterfootball.com

Catches: Yards: TDs:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StriveGreatness View Post
    Here's what we need to address in the Draft:

* Jahvid Best replacement. I don't see anyone in this Draft that quite has the game breaking ability that Best has but a couple of guys that I think would fit well on this team are Kenjon Barner and Mike Gillislee. Both are probably mid round guys at this point.

* Jimmy Graham type tight end. I've had enough of Pettigrew and it hurts to say as I was a huge fan. His blocking is getting severely overrated by many, he has mental lapses, he's lazy and isn't a big play guy.

* Offensive line. Reiff looks like he's going to be a good one, particularly in run blocking and Sims can be good at times but Backus and Raiola need to go. I don't know why some Lion fans think Backus is good. he nearly got Stafford killed again last night by just standing there like an idiot. And we all know Raiola is terrible in all facets of the game...

Barrett Jones can play all 5 positions along the line so he would be a good fit. I also like the Texas A&M offensive tackles. They handled Mingo and Montgomery pretty well on Saturday.
    im all in for barrett/taylor lewan, love jones though, he is very smart/strong and built like a ton of bricks

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blujaysrock View Post
    Dion Jordan really plays S and OLB are 6'7 245? What...
    Yeah. He was asked to cover slot receivers and did a very good job with it. He was marked down as a safety at the time. He is freakishly fast for his size. Runs somewhere in the low 4.5s to high 4.4s. He is also very fluid in the hips for someone of his height.

vCash
    Jesus a 6'7" S?

vCash
    Trade an undisclosed pick to buffalo for Aaron Williams.

Trade peterman to Miami for a 5th.*

Sign:
    - Sign Jairus Byrd S**
    - Sign a cheap FA LB unless we feel someone can step up**
    - Sign a cheap DT, bring back Fluellen if we have to
    - Resign Gosder Cherilus*
    - Louis Delmas to reasonable deal cause his durability concerns
    - Resign Chris Houston
    - *Resign Sammie Hill, he's a bigger part of the rotation than cwill going forward
    - Who to chose between Durant and Levy if we can't have both.
    - Will Heller, he will be cheap

50/50
    - We will see how Avril does ping forward after a nice showing against the Eagles
    - CWill/Lo Jack depend on their asking price

Look for a team in the later first who wants to trade. Send them our 1st and a future 4th for their 1st and 2nd.

1. Barrett Jones do it all Alabama*
    2a. Desmond Trufant CB Washington*
    2b. Tank Carradine DE Florida State (don't know what will happen with Avril and KVB is old)*
    3. Larry warford Gaurd Kentucky (mauler type, say he is a Alabama lineman clone)
    5a. Kenjen Barner RB Oregon. (Best replacement)*
    5b. Brandon Bishop S NC State (step in starter, special teamer, depth)
    6. Jordan Reed TE Florida (little Aaron Hernandez type player.*
    7. Devonte Hollomon OLB South Carolina (coveted safety so you know he has ok coverage skills, good size) **
    Last edited by JMDTM; 10-25-2012 at 05:46 PM.
    Joique Bell
    WHOOP!

vCash
    I see 5 instant contributors
    Joique Bell
    WHOOP!

vCash
    I'm all for an OLine overhaul this off season...draft Barrett Jones start him & Reiff, and maybe even Fox(or a FA/rookie).

Quote Originally Posted by ****ed in DET View Post
    If Waddle doesn't get the starting gig I'm outta here. I will never post again.

vCash
    I agree on the OLine overhaul. Needs to happen.

I also see us taking a DE early. KVB days as a starter are numbered. Avril might walk. Willie has been disappointing thus far. Lo Jack is a FA i believe. If we want to get this team in contention...we have to rebuild the trenches and fix the secondary.

vCash
    I'm still pissed we didnt trade to get Janoris Jenkins.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Blink View Post
    I'm still pissed we didnt trade to get Janoris Jenkins.
    Janoris Jenkins aint gonna be ****. He is going to be like a Terrell Buckley with a little bit of Alphonso Smith sprinkled inat best. Nice nickel guy when he is having a good year and a crappy #2 when hes not.
    #66 LaAdrian Waddle

vCash
    Did you guys see the honey badger got into more trouble. Would anyone still take a shot at him. A good thing is his draft stock seems to be falling. Maybe a change of scenery is what he needs. I can't expect that they would let him back on the team next year so maybe now he is forced to forgo college. How would it work if a NFL team called him up to sign him. Would he just be a FA or do they have to go through a draft and if there not picked then they become a FA.
    Max Scherzer season stats

blue eyes - 1

brown eyes - 1

wins

losses

KOs

BB

WHIP

vCash
    He can declare for the draft but his stock is so low right now. He's looking at a 6-7 at best.

Catches: Yards: TDs:

Page 10 of 68 FirstFirst ... 891011122060 ... LastLast