Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 67 of 68 FirstFirst ... 175765666768 LastLast
Results 991 to 1,005 of 1019
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HotMayo View Post
    Lions should Trade suh for a first round pick.

Draft will Campbell in the later rounds

Draft milliner and moore

You fill other holes and save $
    This guy is dead serious too.

I think he just hates good players in every sport.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StriveGreatness View Post

I am not saying do it, but I can see where it saves us money.

vCash

I'm just not sure where y'all see a 1st round pick coming for 35 tackles (25 solo) and 8 sacks, with no fumbles. He's not a pure NT, and not a pure DE. He's a guy that can create pressure on an interior, but against top notch O-lines, disappears. At most I think you get what Corey Williams got in '07 when he was traded from GB to CLE, he was coming off a career year, people thought he was on the verge of being the game's best DT, and they got a 2nd round pick for him. But he also doesn't have PR problems, league discipline problems, etc. You're asking a GM to give up the best incoming young talented player they can select at any position for a guy most teams have figured out they can neutralize with a help block and that on the next incident is looking at probably a 3-4+ game suspension, and costs 17 mil this year...
    Last edited by sportzfreak9303; 01-18-2013 at 03:52 PM.
    Detroit Muscle

vCash

thanks for spreading lies.

Too much money tied up in defensive tackle

You can win a Super Bowl with only one good DT

You don't need both fairley and suh

To win a super bowl you need a playmaking linebacker

And playmaking DBs

They have neither ... Strive greatness lol

vCash

And playmaking DBs

our DL is garabage w out suh. think back when he was suspended, our o-line did zero. everyone else primarily thrives off him. fairly has shown flashes, but his health has been a concern.

if we got rid of him to create cap space, we would be creating a hole to try and fill another one on the defense.

there is a big difference between a proven dominate player and a projected dominate player. you do not let those special players go. you cant expect to find a replacement for him via the draft/FA. bad rap, whatever-this guy makes our team much much better.

vCash

And playmaking DBs

That's why I've been preaching man, move to 3-4, Suh and Fairley at DE, SLH at NT (Lord knows he's big enough), Willie Young and Jarvis Jones at OLB, Tulloch and Palmer/Draftee at ILB, Delmas and Rambo at S, and you didn't have to sign any other starters, so the one starter you sign is at CB, you re-sign Houston, and sign Brent Grimes. You can get him cheaper since he's coming off an injury, and prior to last year was playing year after year of pro-bowl ball. And it STILL might leave you with enough money to make an offensive signing like Mike Wallace
    Detroit Muscle

vCash
    Brent Grimes is a free agent? Is he expected to re-sign in Atlanta? I know he is coming off an injury but still..

EDIT: nvm, dude is 30 (thought he was much younger) and his injury is potentially career threatening.
    2014 Adopt-A-Lion: Golden Tate

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sportzfreak9303 View Post
    i'm just not sure where y'all see a 1st round pick coming for 35 tackles (25 solo) and 8 sacks, with no fumbles. He's not a pure nt, and not a pure de. He's a guy that can create pressure on an interior, but against top notch o-lines, disappears. At most i think you get what corey williams got in '07 when he was traded from gb to cle, he was coming off a career year, people thought he was on the verge of being the game's best dt, and they got a 2nd round pick for him. But he also doesn't have pr problems, league discipline problems, etc. You're asking a gm to give up the best incoming young talented player they can select at any position for a guy most teams have figured out they can neutralize with a help block and that on the next incident is looking at probably a 3-4+ game suspension, and costs 17 mil this year...
    lol.

Suh was a top 5 dt this year.

vCash
    I know everyone here wants to try an trade back so we can pick up the Rams 2 firsts round picks. I just can't see the Rams giving away their two first rounders when they got a bunch of holes. I'm thinking the perfect thing for us is that Andy Reid and the Chiefs decide not to go QB with the first overall pick. Buffalo's front office really wants a QB. I think they would want to jump ahead of Arizona and Cleveland to get A QB. We then move down 3 spots to 8th and pick up another pick. We could still end up with either Bjoern Werner, Dion Jordan or Demarcus Milliner in this first. In that position I think we can gain leverage on Tampa who really wants a corner and we need a corner too, so they might try and leap us or trade with us gaining another pick. I'm not going to do that stuff where we give this and get that crap, what we think is a good trade doesn't mean anything to the NFL GMS. But I think swapping with Buffalo would be nice and smart choice.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SpennyLions View Post
    I know everyone here wants to try an trade back so we can pick up the Rams 2 firsts round picks. I just can't see the Rams giving away their two first rounders when they got a bunch of holes. I'm thinking the perfect thing for us is that Andy Reid and the Chiefs decide not to go QB with the first overall pick. Buffalo's front office really wants a QB. I think they would want to jump ahead of Arizona and Cleveland to get A QB. We then move down 3 spots to 8th and pick up another pick. We could still end up with either Bjoern Werner, Dion Jordan or Demarcus Milliner in this first. In that position I think we can gain leverage on Tampa who really wants a corner and we need a corner too, so they might try and leap us or trade with us gaining another pick. I'm not going to do that stuff where we give this and get that crap, what we think is a good trade doesn't mean anything to the NFL GMS. But I think swapping with Buffalo would be nice and smart choice.
    Buffalo will be drafting QB Nassib (Syracuse) in the 2nd round. The head coach for Buffalo is from Syracuse and i'm sure will be targeting him......they also brought Syracuse's OC into Buffalo as the OC. Nassib is currently #4 at QB on Kiper's big board......very comprable to Andy Dalton and Colin Kapernick from previous boards.

vCash
    Is there even a remote thought that Cunningham would move out of the Wide 9 and into a hybrid 4-3??? This Bjoern Werner guy looks like a JJ Watt/Matthews kind of player!!! I think we absolutely need that. Why can't we just get rid of Cunningham?! Ugh! Never mind, the thought of our "awesome" D-Coordinator is bringing me back down. Either way my top 4 draftees are Werner, Milliner, Moore then Jones.

vCash
    I think they hinted that they may stray from the wide 9

My AAL 2015 ProBowler: DeAndre Levy #54 tackles sacks ints
    click here to join the Lions Forum
    Lions Forum: 5 Time OTT Winner#1,#6,#10,#12 & #14
    Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    Lffs is the master at going from goofball to boss

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rocket View Post
    lol.

Suh was a top 5 dt this year.
    id say top 3... #4 at worse

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lionsfanfromsac View Post
    I think they hinted that they may stray from the wide 9
    When did they hint this? I would be exstatic!!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cwick925 View Post
    id say top 3... #4 at worse
    agreed. But just because you're good at a position doesn't change the value position. It's the same with drafting guys that play certain positions. As good as they can be it won't justify the value. That's why Warmack is looked at as a top 3 draft board player, and perennial pro bowl caliber guard when drafted, yet is mocked usually from 10-20. It's the positional value.
    Detroit Muscle

Page 67 of 68 FirstFirst ... 175765666768 LastLast