Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 64 of 68 FirstFirst ... 14546263646566 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lionsfanphil View Post
    I would like to get jones and as for honey badger I read an article that said with the FO jobs on the line and the offseason they went through last yr they said they don't see them going after guys like him. And they too thought he would be gone by the 3rd.
    I think we're going to see these guys play it safe this year. Not taking guys like who are raw and whatnot but by taking more developed guys. Especially in the higher rounds. I do think they will gamble later on in the draft in order to find a hidden gem or something, but first 3 rounds, I do think they will take safer picks.
    dont have a seizure cwick

vCash
    We should draft Manti Te'o. Great leader and person. Man, we need THAT guy on our team!

vCash
    I'm liking Banks the CB. I saw a mock today that had Millinar off the board before we pick.

I don't like Banks at 5 but a trade-back might be nice. I could see us taking DE with the plan of trading it to a team in th 10-15 range if Banks falls. If he doesn't we keep it. Not unprecedented, kinda similar to how the Chargers and Giant did the Eli trade.

Fish Pasty

vCash
    I like Banks and Rhodes in trade backs.

I'm also starting to really like Bjoern Werner if we stay put at 5. Quick off the line, strong, good instincts and he's only been playing football for a few years. I've seen some Chris Long comparisons.
    Last edited by StriveGreatness; 01-16-2013 at 05:08 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StriveGreatness View Post
    We should draft Manti Te'o. Great leader and person. Man, we need THAT guy on our team!
    I feel stupid now after reading... well I didn't read the whole article because it was so damn long but I got the gist of it.

vCash
    So, who wants Te'o now? I dont want a fraud/lier/disgrace on our team (if this story is true).

vCash
    his draft stock is about to have a massive fall. Going into the Title game hes a top 5 prospect. Gets exposed and is now a late 1st. Then this comes out and his stock should fall even more as his number one trait was his character. Not to mention that we should expect another fall after the combine as Teo isnt all that fast.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hadzialijagic View Post
    his draft stock is about to have a massive fall. Going into the Title game hes a top 5 prospect. Gets exposed and is now a late 1st. Then this comes out and his stock should fall even more as his number one trait was his character. Not to mention that we should expect another fall after the combine as Teo isnt all that fast.
    I could easily see us getting him at the end of the first in a late trade up or even with our second. He was projected around 15-20 lately. He could fall out of the first entirely. I'd take him if he fell that far but thats it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chacha77 View Post
    I could easily see us getting him at the end of the first in a late trade up or even with our second. He was projected around 15-20 lately. He could fall out of the first entirely. I'd take him if he fell that far but thats it.
    Would anyone else be more than willing to take him with our 2nd? I know I would if he's there.
    dont have a seizure cwick

vCash
    ESPN analyst Mel Kiper Jr. said in a teleconference today that two top-tier pass rushers could be in the mix for the Lions at No. 5: Georgia’s Jarvis Jones and Texas A&M’s Damontre Moore.

Kiper rates Jones as the draft’s No. 1 prospect and Moore No. 2. He projects Jones to the Lions with the No. 5 pick in his latest mock draft.

“I look at Jarvis Jones as a guy that would be Von Miller-like,” Kiper said. “If you want the defensive end, Damontre Moore played down this year, played up two years ago, so he’s one of those DeMarcus Ware types.”
    freep.com
    I like that

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ****ed in DET View Post
    I'm liking Banks the CB. I saw a mock today that had Millinar off the board before we pick.

I don't like Banks at 5 but a trade-back might be nice. I could see us taking DE with the plan of trading it to a team in th 10-15 range if Banks falls. If he doesn't we keep it. Not unprecedented, kinda similar to how the Chargers and Giant did the Eli trade.
    I said the same thing about Banks, if we trade back to the 9-16 range I'd look to get him if possible. If we stay at #5, I'm hoping Milliner is still there. If not I look at Jones, Werner, and Moore.

Quote Originally Posted by StriveGreatness View Post
    I like Banks and Rhodes in trade backs.

I'm also starting to really like Bjoern Werner if we stay put at 5. Quick off the line, strong, good instincts and he's only been playing football for a few years. I've seen some Chris Long comparisons.
    Quote Originally Posted by chacha77 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by blujaysrock View Post
    Would anyone else be more than willing to take him with our 2nd? I know I would if he's there.
    If he falls to the 2nd, I wouldn't mind taking him. I still think highly of him as a leader and good LB. He's just not the type of playmaker deserving of a top pick.

For the longest time I was thinking defense, defense, defense, but looking at our cap position, if Barrett Jones is available in the 2nd, I'm all for drafting him and releasing Raiola. His $5 mil salary is pay for a top C, and he's FAR from that. Milliner, Jones, and Rambo would be ideal to me in the top 3, maybe clear enough cap space in cuts and re-structured contracts to sign Michael Johnson and maybe roll the dice with some young LBs.
    Detroit Muscle

vCash
    Id like for us to take a chance on Ray Ray Armstrong, the guy was a former standout at the U

New York Yankees
    Los Angeles Lakers (Jimbaco)
    Detroit Lions Draft this man

vCash
    the problem is that Teo doesnt have a spot on our team. Both him and Tulloch are primarily MLBs only. Neither is remotely fast enough to play OLB. I feel completely ok with letting one of Durant/Levy go and rolling the dice with Lewis/Whitehead/Palmer/other. If an Ogletree/Jarvis Jones/Minter is available in round 2 id be ok with taking them but we have other priorities. I think trading down would be the best option. Get as many picks as possible because this is a deep draft.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hadzialijagic View Post
    the problem is that Teo doesnt have a spot on our team. Both him and Tulloch are primarily MLBs only. Neither is remotely fast enough to play OLB. I feel completely ok with letting one of Durant/Levy go and rolling the dice with Lewis/Whitehead/Palmer/other. If an Ogletree/Jarvis Jones/Minter is available in round 2 id be ok with taking them but we have other priorities. I think trading down would be the best option. Get as many picks as possible because this is a deep draft.
    See I think Tulloch is the type of LB that could slide easily to weakside. Not a lot of blitzes, has to cover the field a lot for tackles, decent in coverage. But I agree, I'd try not to draft a LB 1st rd, only exception is Jones, but only if Milliner, Werner, and Moore all go 2-4 and he tests out the neck just fine.
    Detroit Muscle

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by joseph aka Jman View Post
    Id like for us to take a chance on Ray Ray Armstrong, the guy was a former standout at the U
    I just can't see the Lions' FO drafting a guy that got kicked off his own team. Same goes for Mathieu. It's a make or break year for the FO, and their downfall has been a combination of lack of talent and attitude problems. Ray Ray has the talent, but he's a big risk for them with his off the field behavior. They'd be better suited trying to get Vacarro, Reid, or Elam in round 2, or Rambo, McDonald, Jefferson, or Thomas in rounds 3 or 5
    Detroit Muscle

Page 64 of 68 FirstFirst ... 14546263646566 ... LastLast