Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 27 of 68 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast
    vCash
    I know Avril has had a down season, but realistically he is .5 sacks away from being top 10 in the NFL in sacks right now. I guarantee someone will pay him big, just hope it's not us.

vCash
    Let Avril walk.
    We have to keep Levy AND Durant. That should be priority number 1. They both know the system and have played great together for two full years now, cant break up what their doing, they have played great!
    If we get Teo...
    Go to the 3-4???
    Suh-Sammie Lee-Fairley
    Durant-Tullock-Teo-Levy

I think S/CB remains our biggest need.
    I have faith that Mayhew can go out and find a DE outside of the draft if he needs to. ala Low Jack. Willie Young will do for now.
    Same for WR - I dont think its a huge need. Burleson isn't going anywhere. He is a great presence in the locker-room and has a good relationship with Stafford. Bryoles will be back. Mayhew can find someone else outside of the draft.
    I believe our second biggest need is the OG/C. Weather that means moving Gosder inside (which I think he should) or drafting a OG/C to replace Peterman/Riola. Riley and Sims are 2 out of 5 OL spots that im comfortable with for the future. (borderline Gosder at OG)
    Starting OL *2013* Backus-Sims-*Barrett Jones*-Gosder-Riley

Draft-
    1. DeMarcus Milliner - CB
    2. Barrett Jones - OG/C
    3. William Gholston - DE

5. Denard - WR/RB/KR
    6. Kovacs - S

Then line up
    Huston - Milliner
    Coleman-Delmas

vCash
    DRAFT:

Round 1: WR
    Round 2: RB
    Round 3: WR
    Round 4: WR/RB
    Round 5: WR
    Round 6: CB

Scrap Detroit!!

Quote Originally Posted by basch152 View Post
    First of all, players like Matthews and Ware actually ARE overrated...

Quote Originally Posted by basch152 View Post
    No, the best comparison to Miggy is Albert Pujols. And I'll be honest, Cabrera doesn't really compare favorably to Pujols.

vCash
    Round 1: Dee Milliner CB- Could be very well the best player when we draft and should fill a need.
    Round 2: Dallas Thomas G/T - Peterman needs to be upgraded, I think everyone knows that we need to replace him
    Round 3: Baccari Rambo S- He seemed to learn from his lesson from the suspension early in the season, he is an all-american safety, he can be a ball hawk and control the deep parts of the field, he also can tackle.
    Round 5- Tyrann Mathieu CB/PR- Like everyone we want Stefan Logan gone, Honey Badger can be a game changer on punt return, we can also look at seeing him in as a nickel corner or maybe a convert safety like Spivey but I just want Logan gone.
    Round 6 Quinn Sharp K/P- We have to start looking for a possible replacement for Hanson also we need a new punter, Harris has done good to pin the opponent inside the 20, but he averages 40.7 yds per punt. Quinn averages 46.7 in college and he also led the nation with 61 touchbacks on kickoff, something people have complained about with Hanson.
    Round 7: Brandon Jenkins DE- Has first round talent but did have that season ending injury, I feel he can comeback strong like Broyles and can be a good motor in a DE rotation
    Last edited by SpennyLions; 12-05-2012 at 10:36 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SpennyLions View Post
    Round 1: Dee Milliner CB- Could be very well the best player when we draft and should fill a need.
    Round 2: Dallas Thomas G/T - Peterman needs to be upgraded, I think everyone knows that we need to replace him
    Round 3: Baccari Rambo S- He seemed to learn from his lesson from the suspension early in the season, he is an all-american safety, he can be a ball hawk and control the deep parts of the field, he also can tackle.
    Round 5- Tyrann Mathieu CB/PR- Like everyone we want Stefan Logan gone, Honey Badger can be a game changer on punt return, we can also look at seeing him in as a nickel corner or maybe a convert safety like Spivey but I just want Logan gone.
    Round 6 Quinn Sharp K/P- We have to start looking for a possible replacement for Hanson also we need a new punter, Harris has done good to pin the opponent inside the 20, but he averages 40.7 yds per punt. Quinn averages 46.7 in college and he also led the nation with 61 touchbacks on kickoff, something people have complained about with Hanson.
    Round 7: Brandon Jenkins DE- Has first round talent but did have that season ending injury, I feel he can comeback strong like Broyles and can be a good motor in a DE rotation
    Don't know who the G in the 2nd round is, but that is what I would call the perfect draft.
    dont have a seizure cwick

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by joseph aka Jman View Post
    considering we play at Greenbay, at Arizona, and home against Atlanta, Chicago.

the way we are playing right now 1-3 the rest of the way, Granted, Atlanta and Chicago May have nothing to play for, so on the positive side maybe 2-2

starring a 5-11 season in the face boys dident think i would be saying that come december
    :cry: can we hit the reset on the 2012/13 detroit lions season? going to the ATL game and ill be so pissed if we blow another lead

vCash
    dion jordan from oregon is very intresting, so is dee miller from roll tide

vCash
    DeMarcus Milliner, CB, Alabama
    The Lions' draft strategy is to pick the top player on their board. It just so happens that the best prospect available happens to fill a huge need.

It's no secret that Detroit has major holes in its secondary. The Lions spent an early pick on Bullet Bill Bentley has been a bit of a disappointment thus far. Unfortunately, Detroit won't be able to see what he can do for the rest of the year because he's on injured reserve.
    Eric Reid, S, LSU
    It's no secret that Detroit has major holes in its secondary. Amari Spievey desperately needs to be upgraded, while Louis Delmas can't seem to stay healthy.
    Cobi Hamilton, WR, Arkansas (6' 3" 209lbs)
    Wide receiver is suddenly a need for the Lions. Titus Young will probably never play again for them, while Ryan Broyles just tore another ACL.
    The Latest Mock from Walterfootball

Florida State Seminoles Overall: 14-0 ACC: 8-0 (BCS National Champions )

Favorite Teams
    Detroit Red Wings 37-27-14 Pts.: 88
    Detroit LionsWelcome to Detroit Jim Caldwell!!!
    Detroit Tigers 4-1
    North Carolina Tarheels Mens Basketball Good Season Boys!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pillsberry99 View Post
    :cry: can we hit the reset on the 2012/13 detroit lions season? going to the ATL game and ill be so pissed if we blow another lead
    Im going to the Arizona game in 2 weeks, if we lose to Ryan Lindley a rookie 3rd string quarterback on a bad cardinal team i will be sick

New York Yankees
    Los Angeles Lakers (Jimbaco)
    Detroit Lions Draft this man

vCash
    I like the looks of that draft Spenny.
    Max Scherzer season stats

blue eyes - 1

brown eyes - 1

wins

losses

KOs

BB

WHIP

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SpennyLions View Post
    Not a bad mock......

Question for you, if a team such a Miami or Cincinnati offered you BOTH of thier 2nd round picks for our 1st round (where you have Milliner taken). Would you do that trade?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mc18641 View Post
    Not a bad mock......

Question for you, if a team such a Miami or Cincinnati offered you BOTH of thier 2nd round picks for our 1st round (where you have Milliner taken). Would you do that trade?
    That would be a horrible trade for us, especially if we're picking top 10. We lack big time impact players, chance to grab on with that top 10 pick, more so than a 2nd. 2nd round picks would be nice, but the value isn't there.
    dont have a seizure cwick

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by driz View Post
    DRAFT:

Round 1: WR
    Round 2: RB
    Round 3: WR
    Round 4: WR/RB
    Round 5: WR
    Round 6: CB

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mc18641 View Post
    Not a bad mock......

I would take the trade the trade from the bengals, they have the raiders 2nd rounder which is likely to be in the top 3. So then we would be a bit spread out in the second round with a top 3 and 7-12 (in the round) and also a 15-20(in the round) I would then change my picks ever slightly
    Round 2 (raiders spot) Xavier Rhodes CB- Big and physical, perfect as a number 2 and red zone corner
    Round 2 (lions spot) Dallas Thomas G/T same as before- To ment Thomas played LT at Tennessee 2 years ago played well, switched to LG this year and was even better there.
    Round 2 (bengals spot) Da'Rick Rogers WR- Even though he isn't really what we need, there is no arguments of his skills. He might have had some trouble with being a bonehead but I feel he will come back and learn just like Janoris Jenkins (hopefully with out breaking curfew.
    Rounds3-7(no 4th cause we don't have one) would stay they same

But if we do trade with either Miami or Cincy it will be for their 1st so they can leap frog infront of somebody to get who they want
    Last edited by SpennyLions; 12-05-2012 at 06:11 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blujaysrock View Post
    That would be a horrible trade for us, especially if we're picking top 10. We lack big time impact players, chance to grab on with that top 10 pick, more so than a 2nd. 2nd round picks would be nice, but the value isn't there.
    You make a valid point (as it relates to the draft point value chart) but I think we need to trade down.

If the season were to end today, we would pick #8. It would probably be safe to say that we will end up drafting between #8-#12. I would like to trade down to start stock-piling 2nd round pick/ later 1st round picks.

The talent in the 2nd round this draft is really good and I think if we could get 3 picks in the 20-50 overall range, it would improve our team.

For example, if you have 3 2nd round picks, these players should all be there:

CB Desmond Trufant
    CB David Amerson
    WR Tavon Austin
    WR Robert Woods
    S Tony Jefferson
    S Shawn Williams
    DE William Gholston
    T Dallas Thomas
    LB Jelani Jenkins

Take your pick of any of these THREE guys (or any others you may have in your mock) and I think they will colectively have more of an impact than Dee Milliner IMO.

Page 27 of 68 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast