Welcome Back Mr. Ashley

vCash
    What do you guys think about this?

1. DE Sam Montgomery
    2. S Matt Elam
    3. S Bacarri Rambo
    4. LB Jelani Jenkins

? (Willie Young maybe) - Suh - Fairley - Montgomery

Jenkins/Lewis - Tulloch - Levy (re-sign)

Houston - ? (Free agent pickup?)

Elam - Rambo

Risky to have 2 rookie safeties but it would save us some money by not re-signing Delmas. I like Delmas but he cannot stay healthy.

But man, we need some offensive lineman too. A lot of holes on this team...
    Last edited by StriveGreatness; 11-18-2012 at 08:01 PM.
    % of Souls Taken: 100

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by wissportsfan View Post
    I'd like to see you guys draft a quicker/faster back to compliment Leshoure. I know this guy will probably go too early for the Lions liking but Gio would be sick on your turf.
    gio????

vCash
    Giovanni Bernard from North Carolina

Catches: 14 Yards: 125 TDs: 1

vCash
    S/cb/de/rb

vCash
    Dennard looked nice at RB Saturday... Just saying

#HandItOnly2Bell

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JWO35 View Post
    Dennard looked nice at RB Saturday... Just saying
    He's soft and will get lit up in the NFL if he tries to play RB

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LionsFan..LOL View Post
    Giovanni Bernard from North Carolina
    i dont know to much about him. did he say that he was going togo pro because i looked at his bio n he is only a redshirt sophmore? bottom line though we just need a back with speed that can get outside n use his wheels

vCash
    Sam Montgomery in the 1st and Tony Jefferson in the S. Re-sign Delmas cheap and sign another vet FA safety who can play decent still. Then if Delmas goes down you have a competent S to replace him. Montgomery replaces KVB. Re-sign Avril to a lower deal, since he's basically done nothing to deserve a big money deal.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blujaysrock View Post
    Sam Montgomery in the 1st and Tony Jefferson in the S. Re-sign Delmas cheap and sign another vet FA safety who can play decent still. Then if Delmas goes down you have a competent S to replace him. Montgomery replaces KVB. Re-sign Avril to a lower deal, since he's basically done nothing to deserve a big money deal.
    Avril isn't going to take a cheap deal. SOME team WILL be willing to overpay for this guy. A line with Fairley, Suh, Montgomery is sexy and would be far more effective than what we've been running out there this season.

This safety class is real strong imo so I'm sure we'll get someone good. I really love Matt Elam's potential though.

Again with the cheap, and I'm not picking on you or anything, but some teams have A LOT of cap space and will be willing to overpay for guys like Delmas and Avril based on potential and some of their on the field production.
    % of Souls Taken: 100

vCash
    Seven Round Mock:

1. Demarcus Milliner CB Bama, A No. 1 caliber DB who would start right away. Improves the secondary overall.
    2. David Amerson CB/S NC State, I know taking DBs back to back seems a little extreme but there is not a better player available. He can play corner or safety and has shut down potential.
    3. William Gholston DE MSU, he has had a down season but has a lot of athletic ability. Give him a season and he could be the next Jason Pierre-Paul
    5. Marquess Wilson WR Washington State, the lions need a No. 2 receiver that is not named Burleson or Young. They both are terrible. Wilson may have some character issues but has the ability to be a premier target. He is tall and can catch everything thrown his way.
    6. Denard Robinson QB/RB/WR/KR/PR, he is multi purpose and if available here he can play a variety of positions. He will never be a successful full time QB, but maybe he can be a wildcat option where if something is wide open he can throw it. Otherwise you will see him catching, running, and returning most of the time.
    7. James Wilson G Florida, has played well for Florida this season. Can play almost every position. Would be a 2nd day pick if injuries had not plagued him early in his career. Was a four star recruit out of college.

I know the o-line was not addressed in the draft. If the lions do address it I think we grab a tackle in FA. The amount of talent at that position is crazy and if we can clear some space we can get someone at a pro bowl level.

vCash
    Can Manti Te'o play outside?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FortDetroit View Post
    Can Manti Te'o play outside?
    Te'o can pretty much play anywhere as a linebacker. He has the speed to play the outside thats for sure especially in this system.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by garnotm View Post
    Te'o can pretty much play anywhere as a linebacker. He has the speed to play the outside thats for sure especially in this system.
    He's my early "draft him!" guy. I think he would do wonders for the D. And he can COVER...something 2 of our linebackers (Tulloch/Durant) are incapable of doing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FortDetroit View Post
    He's my early "draft him!" guy. I think he would do wonders for the D. And he can COVER...something 2 of our linebackers (Tulloch/Durant) are incapable of doing.
    T'eo will be a top 5 pick for sure! Won't be there for our pick

Page 15 of 68 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565 ... LastLast